WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Delete and Tune

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
So I have a 2013 Duramax ccsb basically stock just a 3" drop shackle to lower rear to level vs the standard crank the torsion bars, and a MagnaFlow dpf rear section (looks only kit) wanting to delete the dpf and egr and do the Kory Willis 60hp tune. Looking for someone to do the down pipe, and delete section up to the magnaflow tail section as well do the egr delete and the Y bridge.
Or possibly who to get a decent deal on all the parts and I'll do it myself more then capable just busy busy lately. Truck only has 24k miles on it but tired of getting 11-14mpg on 275's when I was getting 21-22 on my LLY on 37's

TLAW719

Reaction score
So I have a 2013 Duramax ccsb basically stock just a 3" drop shackle to lower rear to level vs the standard crank the torsion bars, and a MagnaFlow dpf rear section (looks only kit) wanting to delete the dpf and egr and do the Kory Willis 60hp tune. Looking for someone to do the down pipe, and delete section up to the magnaflow tail section as well do the egr delete and the Y bridge.
Or possibly who to get a decent deal on all the parts and I'll do it myself more then capable just busy busy lately. Truck only has 24k miles on it but tired of getting 11-14mpg on 275's when I was getting 21-22 on my LLY on 37's
Check dieselops.com. I just got a full delete kit for my 2012 cummins for a good price. 5" turbo back exhaust with muffler, sinister egr and throttle valve delete, and the h&s mini max tuner.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Unless you're going to push some serious power don't bother with the downpipe. I'm running a 150 tune as my daily driver in my 2011 Dmax. I've deleted the DPF as well as the DEF and added a Fass 150 lift pump. I did keep the cat to keep the drone and noise down, but my mileage is starting to decrease a little so I'm thinking of either replacing it or just gutting it so it at least looks like it's intact.

I used MotorOps out of Canada, at the time it cost me $950 for 5 emissions compliant tunes (to be used with factory emissions equipment). When I continued to have issues with the DPF going in to regen mode every 200 miles I said F-it, I'm going to delete. It was another $125 for the delete tunes. He emailed those to me and I loaded them onto the programmer and then flashed them to the truck's computer and havent looked back.

If you add any power do install a lift pump to keep the volume of fuel to the high pressure fuel pump otherwise they have a problem of grenading and sending shards of metal throughout your fuel system. $$$ to repair. I also added an Edge Onsight CTS to monitor exhaust temps, fuel pressure, boost, etc.

Good luck, once you delete and tune you'll wish you had done it sooner.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Just got it done yesterday, already stoked solely on the mpg part of it. Haven’t gotten on it at all but it does immediately feel better on the road. Went with the down pipe, and delete pipe into my MagnaFlow tail section, I’ll probably be adding a muffler down the road as its a little louder than i want, after 5 years of silence i do believe I’ve become a real old man lol. Kory Willis PPEI 60hp tune only and just the round trip to Kingman and back yesterday i saw about a 6mpg difference.

Webuildcustom

Reaction score
Just got it done yesterday, already stoked solely on the mpg part of it. Haven’t gotten on it at all but it does immediately feel better on the road. Went with the down pipe, and delete pipe into my MagnaFlow tail section, I’ll probably be adding a muffler down the road as its a little louder than i want, after 5 years of silence i do believe I’ve become a real old man lol. Kory Willis PPEI 60hp tune only and just the round trip to Kingman and back yesterday i saw about a 6mpg difference.

Now that you've been running it a while do you have any feedback? I want to do my 2011. I've had 6 complete total system failures and replacements, and a fuel pump (thankfully all covered under warranty). I love the truck but the damn smog crap just turns it into a ticking time bomb. It seems like the regen is on damn near 100% of the time and the truck is down to 11mpg on average?

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Now that you've been running it a while do you have any feedback? I want to do my 2011. I've had 6 complete total system failures and replacements, and a fuel pump (thankfully all covered under warranty). I love the truck but the damn smog crap just turns it into a ticking time bomb. It seems like the regen is on damn near 100% of the time and the truck is down to 11mpg on average?

Yes the only real issue I’ve seen so far is.........

why the F didn’t i do it sooner.
I’m ccsb on 275/70r18’s and have a shell, I’m pretty stay out of it and have been averaging 18.9-19.5mpg. Only thing is the Brick Wall effect, you know when you drive past a Brick wall and have to get on it to hear the Effect.

nordic454

WWW.METALWORXLV.COM
Reaction score
On my ‘08 Duramax I did the EFILIVE with 5 position switch, and JAMO 4” stainless cat back system. Deleted DPF. I kept the cat for smoke control, and a quieter ride. It will still smoke when loaded up, but she is a rocket ship, and tows like a semi. With this tuner, it adds the turbo brake in the two tow modes. I gained 7mpg with this setup.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Somehow someway one of the bellow’s in the egr cooler broke, as well i guess there was a broken bolt and blown gasket in the turbo pedestal, so i had the entire egr deleted, and also had recently done the charge pipes hot and cold. At 100miles now and idk we will see once i go through a whole tank of fuel but I’m seeing :eek: 24mpg as of now! Idk that seems way to much but.... can also see the motor now it’s crazy!
304C3E71-EC2F-46F7-917A-ADA645570262.jpeg
40A28A7B-F0A4-4FE1-96C2-61DF389BFC79.jpeg
E89F7596-78A5-4DBE-AB32-2DC134A6184A.jpeg

Think I’m going to do the Grid heater delete next, just because it’s sexy blue!

JD D05

Reaction score
Somehow someway one of the bellow’s in the egr cooler broke, as well i guess there was a broken bolt and blown gasket in the turbo pedestal, so i had the entire egr deleted, and also had recently done the charge pipes hot and cold. At 100miles now and idk we will see once i go through a whole tank of fuel but I’m seeing :eek: 24mpg as of now! Idk that seems way to much but.... can also see the motor now it’s crazy!
View attachment 778682 View attachment 778683 View attachment 778681

Get a turbo if you really want to have fun. Fleece

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Get a turbo if you really want to have fun. Fleece
Na i just want mpg, at the point of turbo then it’s like my old truck and just gets expensive. Turbo. Dual fuel. Bigger injectors. Then then then then

JD D05

Reaction score
Na i just want mpg, at the point of turbo then it’s like my old truck and just gets expensive. Turbo. Dual fuel. Bigger injectors. Then then then then

You can add a turbo without doing any of that, personally my favorite setup is a tune and turbo. But I think factory turbo's are shit.

JD D05

Reaction score

Webuildcustom

Reaction score
View attachment 778682 View attachment 778683 View attachment 778681
And with the new upgrades where you at now?

My system just to a crap agian for the 7th time so its all coming off tomorrow morning...

Are you swapping all those parts back and forth every 2 years? And what are you doing for exhaust did you leave the cat and filter in place?

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Ya I was very involved with diesel performance since the early 2000's. My friends own H&S etc. The CP3 and lift pump are both good upgrades. You doing the CP3 for more HP or want to move away from a CP4?
Just to ditch the cp4

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
And with the new upgrades where you at now?

My system just to a crap agian for the 7th time so its all coming off tomorrow morning...

Are you swapping all those parts back and forth every 2 years? And what are you doing for exhaust did you leave the cat and filter in place?

Not sure what you mean where you at now! It runs awesome and is over 20mpg now so I’m happy.

Why swap back ever I’m not in a communist state :p

Exhaust is a PPE down pipe to straight pipe to the MagnaFlow twisted dual’s tips. No muffler no cat, it’s an AZ truck.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
Ya I was very involved with diesel performance since the early 2000's. My friends own H&S etc. The CP3 and lift pump are both good upgrades. You doing the CP3 for more HP or want to move away from a CP4?
What would you suggest for an 03 Cummins.

Cp3, 4 inch downpipe straight exhaust with no emissions. Really just want more power towing.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Webuildcustom

Reaction score
Not sure what you mean where you at now! It runs awesome and is over 20mpg now so I’m happy.

Why swap back ever I’m not in a communist state :p

Exhaust is a PPE down pipe to straight pipe to the MagnaFlow twisted dual’s tips. No muffler no cat, it’s an AZ truck.
That what I was curious about. I'm so tired of having to have everything replaced every 10 to 15k miles. Gm is honoring the warranty on my truck to 188k because of all the issues but I think just ditching it and forgetting about the warranty is going to be the way to go. I was curious about the reliability? Any issues? Mpg? Now that you've had it all on for a while. I average 11.4 in stock form.

In my case it was a Ca truck But is now a NV truck. I still have to pass a visual and snap test but from what I understand no obd2 scan and the visual is just to verify the cat/filter and egr are in place

Last edited:

JD D05

Reaction score
What would you suggest for an 03 Cummins.

Cp3, 4 inch downpipe straight exhaust with no emissions. Really just want more power towing.

Turbo

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
What would be a good tuner for it? One that can change on the fly.

JD D05

Reaction score
What would be a good tuner for it? One that can change on the fly.

I am not sure who is still selling tunes for the 03 but I can find out.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score

I know i know i know you like an actual turbo swap, however, any experience with a “Wicked Wheel”? Seeing they spool much quicker, and shows some gain in hp, but best yet it’s said to be much more drivable, little better mpg, and best yet the whistle is said to be a lot louder.

JD D05

Reaction score
I know i know i know you like an actual turbo swap, however, any experience with a “Wicked Wheel”? Seeing they spool much quicker, and shows some gain in hp, but best yet it’s said to be much more drivable, little better mpg, and best yet the whistle is said to be a lot louder.

I have no experience with it but I wouldn't expect much.