WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Delta Boat Crash

socal0487

Reaction score
Skater named “Prototype” crashed on the Delta yesterday. Female still missing. It was at Desert Storm this past year.
159ABDBA-05AB-4705-9F9E-8E03BD6F20E3.jpeg
F01DDE11-CB1B-41BA-95D2-7C018CE82720.png

Last edited by a moderator:

PlanB

Reaction score
Damn, that does not look good. I remember that boat from the DS street fair. Hopefully the missing female is found soon...

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Saw that on FB, comments were three on board, female missing, one airlifted, no info about a third

Reactions: DWC

707dog

Reaction score
There was a few boats out running around for a fundraiser. Not sure how long the new owners have been running but it was purchased from a gent here in the bay area... I got nothing to add to the topic all let the others in the know chim in... just a very sad deal😢

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
From OSO

For anyone that may have heard, please do not post anything about the accident that happened today with the new owner
of my formerly-owned Skater 30 Prototype. I will post what happened with this tragic event when my head is clear tomorrow. I had befriended the new owner and his girlfriend, and they were staying with us this weekend for the poker run event today. Tonight we are grieving the loss of Nancy, and Stephan is in the hospital, but in stable condition. Please, please, please be considerate everyone, I do not want misinformation spread and I will let everyone know the best of what I know after I am finished dealing with what I have to deal with tomorrow. It was a single boat accident that nobody witnessed, with only Stephan and Nancy on board. This is the toughest day I have ever had boating, when I don't come home with all of my friends that I left with in the morning............

Tank

Reaction score
Stephan (the owner) lives down the street from me and is really good friends with life long friends of ours. @lake p.a.l. is very good friends with Dale, who’s house Stephan and his girlfriend were staying this weekend (and who wrote the post Dan copied from OSO). Performance boating community is pretty small. Hate it when this happens. 👎 our best wishes and prayers with all those touched by this.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Stephan is in surgery for leg problem. Girlfriend is still missing. No details what happened. Dale is beyond devastated. A few of them helped recover the boat & turned it over to sheriffs department.
Plz be safe everyone

Singleton

Reaction score
This sucks to read. A couple enjoying the day and now lives are hurt for years!
Getting over losing someone you love IMO is on of the hardest things to do, especially when they leave you in a situation like this. Thoughts with family and friends!

I still remember reading the story on that boats complete remodel.

Singleton

Reaction score
Again? Really?

that boat got damaged during one of the Big Cats PokerRun.
Went from a dual canopy setup to a full windshield with outboards. The transformation was insane

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Went from a dual canopy setup to a full windshield with outboards. The transformation was insane

It was fully rebuilt after initial accident with incredible 800hp Sterling motors for many years. Converted to outboards just a few years ago

Riverryder

Reaction score
Is there another skater that looks just like this?
I have seen a skater that’s either this one or identical to it at pirates a couple
Times. Last weekend to be exact.

PlanB

Reaction score
Is there another skater that looks just like this?
I have seen a skater that’s either this one or identical to it at pirates a couple
Times. Last weekend to be exact.

This one says "Prototype" on the sides right under the Skater logo.

Last edited:

Riverryder

Reaction score
@PlanB couldnt see the prototype on it. But if it wasn’t it there’s one that has th same wxact color scheme with the same motors on it. I loved seeing the boat if that was or sucks to see that somethin happened to it and the people in it!

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score

The one that went over the top of the DCB that just crashed in Parker? If so that’s crazy.

RIP to poor lady in the boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I'm glad they found her in a timely manor. Sad deal, people just out for a fun day. 😢

It was mentioned above, this boat being at Pirate's. I am sure it was out a week or so ago, tied off to the end of one of the rental slip docks. Beautiful setup. I remember seeing the "prototype" lettering, set it apart a bit from the others.

I hope the owner's surgery goes well. He'll have enough to deal with mentally with the rest of this tragedy.

dave29

Reaction score
So, so sad. My thoughts and prayers to both. Going to be tough going forward. Life is full of twists and turns. Enjoy every day.

wallnutz

Reaction score
This is really sad to read. RIP to her and prayers to him to stay strong to move forward.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Wow, sad to read of this. Prayers sent.

Wedgy

Reaction score
Sad to read. Prayers all around. A Skipper's worst Nightmare.

rrrr

Reaction score
Sorry to hear this.

Tom Slick

Reaction score
Very sad to hear about this. Any word as to what may have been the cause of the accident?

wallnutz

Reaction score
Wow, know him from the sand dunes. Sorry to hear this.

Last edited:

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
So sad to read. Prayers to everyone involved.

Sent Using Tapatalk

LC925

Reaction score
Sad outcome but glad she was found.

The scheme on this boat was one of my favorites when I first saw it. Prayers for the families.

Riverhound

Reaction score
So sorry to hear this... Wishing Stephen a quick recovery. RIP Nancy

farmo83

Reaction score
Was this at the Big Cat poker run ?

My condolences to all involved. Were all boaters and this is what we all fear.

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
Was this at the Big Cat poker run ?

My condolences to all involved. Were all boaters and this is what we all fear.

This was at the Unleashed Poker Run last Friday. I believe this was the second year, The Big Cat run is August 12-14. This has been a very sad year for what has happened in our boating community.