WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Delta trip

T frog

Reaction score
Some pics from the Delta, guys trip, cousins and friends. I love this place so nice to get away from the Vegas heat.
20180824_073130.jpg
20180824_065559.jpg
20180823_183531.jpg
20180823_183430.jpg

Riley1

Reaction score
I am very interested in trying to do a few days out there in the coming years

T frog

Reaction score
You wouldn't regret it, such a wide range of boating, so much to see. I'm lucky because my family lives up this way and they have boats. I just get on the plane and ride along. I always wanted to bring mine up but it's a long pull, maybe someday.

LOBOATOMY

Reaction score
That (B&W) is where me and my friends called home base for many years in the mid-late 90's. In fact your cabin is straight across from my old covered berth, sure miss that place. Great place and centralized location for delta boating.
Please tell Candi that "Artie" aka Gary says hello and wishes the entire Deak family the BEST!
Thank you and happy boating. Enjoy

Meaney77

Reaction score
I really want to make the tow up there and check it out next summer, I have been saying this for awhile but its been hard to put something together.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Have always wanted to boat on the Delta. Every year we look at going, but for some reason never end up booking anything. Sure is a long pull from my house, but looks like it is worth it.

renodaytona

Reaction score
I really want to make the tow up there and check it out next summer, I have been saying this for awhile but its been hard to put something together.
Have always wanted to boat on the Delta. Every year we look at going, but for some reason never end up booking anything. Sure is a long pull from my house, but looks like it is worth it.

Sounds like this should be the trip that RD puts together for an RDP meet up next year!

707dog

Reaction score
BW is my go to launch, go left out of there and cruise up the killer back sloughs or right 5 min ride and the door is wide open for boating options. There is some really good maps that get put out every few months with updated sand bars and markers. THE DELTA is not for the boaters looking to keep the hrs down on there boat we stretch the legs up

Meaney77

Reaction score
BW is my go to launch, go left out of there and cruise up the killer back sloughs or right 5 min ride and the door is wide open for boating options. There is some really good maps that get put out every few months with updated sand bars and markers. THE DELTA is not for the boaters looking to keep the hrs down on there boat we stretch the legs up

Is there any sort of satellite view map that shows the Delta in its entirety with marked locations (B&W Resort, Discovery bay, bars and resturants on the water, etc.) I Would like to make the trip up but part of my skepticism is knowing where to go and not getting lost! Seems a bit overwhelming for a 1st trip!

bocco

Reaction score
Is there any sort of satellite view map that shows the Delta in its entirety with marked locations (B&W Resort, Discovery bay, bars and resturants on the water, etc.) I Would like to make the trip up but part of my skepticism is knowing where to go and not getting lost! Seems a bit overwhelming for a 1st trip!

Anthony is correct. Check out Hookie day for a fun run on a Friday.

Lots of Delta info here: http://deltacalifornia.com/

These guys sell nice maps but they appear to be out of stock: https://californiadelta.org/ When available get the heavy plastic coated one. It will survive lots of use and it actually will fold up.

If a group from the site was headed to B & W for the weekend I would get my ass out there.

We usually launch at Whiskey Slough close to Stockton. It's never busy.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Friday Oct 5 is our Hookie day run. Boats of all sizes & speeds so you can always find someone to follow. That weekend is SF fleet week with the Blue Angel's in SF Bay if anyone wants to venture out. BW Resort, rent a house in Discovery Bay, plenty of other cabins on the water, or hotels close to launch ramps.

LuauLounge

Reaction score
Here's a link to the Delta Chamber of Commerce map.
https://californiadelta.org/all-in-one-map/?h=984

I use an old Garmin Auto GPS for boating, I mainly need to know where I am, that way I can get to where I'm going. There are over 1,000 miles of waterways. Best time is late fall and spring. No crowds and perfect weather.

bocco

Reaction score
Here's a link to the Delta Chamber of Commerce map.
https://californiadelta.org/all-in-one-map/?h=984

I use an old Garmin Auto GPS for boating, I mainly need to know where I am, that way I can get to where I'm going. There are over 1,000 miles of waterways. Best time is late fall and spring. No crowds and perfect weather.

I loaded Navionics on my cell phone. It's saved my butt a few times.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
I use this map. Its the Delta Fish and Map.

https://www.californiadeltamaps.com/california-delta-fish-n-map

It has most of the resorts listed. If you go to the Delta get a map like this showing the depths and bring your GPS or phone (there is cell service everywhere) to navigate. This will keep you out of trouble. Everything looks the same as you drive around so you need a map and GPS.

There are a few delta regulars on RDP and we can give you some suggestions for stops, such as Sugar Barge, Windmill, Lighthouse, Garlic Brothers, Orwood, Union Point, Tower Park, Disco Bay, etc. etc. (LOL you get the point)

There is so much to explore you will run out of time before you run out of destinations.

If anyone wants to come to Hookey day and run the Delta that is the event to come and follow along and not get lost. We move together in a big pack so just get in line and follow along to all the stops. We make one big loop with a few stops along the way for lunch and adult beverages and it all ends up in the same spot that we started.

I hope to make it this year so if anyone makes the journey up from Socal let us know.

FYI message, me, Dog, or LakePAL for information on the start. (its a not-so-secret-secret);)

I might try to come up for that this year. I was supposed to go last year, but it didn't work out.

Otherwise plan your trip at your convenience, get your map and GPS and have at it. Plenty to see and do. Its a boaters paradise.

Last edited:

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Two suggestions for those that want to come visit the Delta. For power boaters there are two good events.

Mid August is the Big Cat Poker run. You don't have to enter the poker run but can post up along the route and watch it go by and venture around at your leisure. Or go to Windmill and watch it all go by from their second story bar balcony that over looks the main water way. Being a spectator is just as good. The poker run itself is fun too with a 100 mile round trip to/ from Discovery Bay with dinner, lunch, dinner and party included.

First Friday of October is the DLB hookey day. This is an unofficial run of a group of miscreant boaters that have a serious power boating problem. (among other issues) If you are a serious boater and have the same damn problem then you are encouraged to attend.

The best part is Grads won't go since he is scared of a little dirty D. ;):p He would rather play in his mud puddle.

But any weekend in the summer is good. Rent a house, hotel or bring your RV and enjoy.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
going to make a run a hooky day this year. I will probably be near the back as I am not particularly fast but it should be fun.

bocco

Reaction score
going to make a run a hooky day this year. I will probably be near the back as I am not particularly fast but it should be fun.

There's a pretty good range of boats. Twin engine cats that run over a hundred and plenty of guys that run much slower. I'll probably cruise most of it around 60. Be sure to sign up over on performanceboats.com if you haven't already. It helps them give a head count to the lunch stop.

E4L

Reaction score

I’m 45 mins away bring your crew up you and your family are always welcome to stay here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whipple charged

Reaction score
its a great place to boat..
have good story of our trip... long but good...
we stayed at bethel island a few years ago in some shack on the water(LOL)..
it was right after labor day and it was a adventure..
took over 11 hours to drive up there towing boat..
first thing was a valve stem on drivers tire blowing out on the 5fwy by hamburg farms with no room to get off road..
had to have my friend watch my back while semi blew past us.. just about when I broke loose first lug nut AAA tow showed up.. ask if we needed help and said we are AAA members.. he used his truck to some what help block semi's while I watched his back.. whoa back on road and get there late afternoon Saturday..
so we decide to launch boat.. after looking around cant find a good ramp.. so we will find this launch ramp and say lets go for it.. holly crap its was so steep it almost pulled truck into water. brakes on and its pulling truck into water.. I get it to stop and tell my buddy to get in truck and I will use boat to stop truck from going into water..
so that idea works and we get boat in water. truck(2wd diesel) can barley pull out of water with trailer attached after us pushing on truck while roasting tires make it out.. again whoa.. so I tell my buddy take truck back to place were at(cant remember name) and ill drive boat over there. then I realize boats low on fuel and most places are closed.. ok no biggie were going to just cruise. have my map and looking for camp when bam hit a low spot on idle.(dam) once again no big deal ill just reverse it hard and be free. nope not working have to get out and have woman gas it while I try and push it.. nope not happening.. there for at least 30mins and some locals in jet boat show up and pull us out.. go to get some cash to give them nope wallet is truck and woman left purse at camp.. thank them lots and lots and one guy says have you ever been here and I say not in 20yrs.. told me get a map and I say got one that's how I got stuck reading map and not looking.. lol..
we finally make it to camp and my friend is were u been I say guess he says bj on boat.. nope.. he says the dirty.. nope.. them what... got stuck...
now were hungry and never went to store got beer or anything just some snacks for road trip.. well lets take boat and going find a food.. ok.
have map and call a few places and nope were closing soon.. wtf. we see river view lodge in antioch we call and its open head over there and cant dock on fishing pier so we go over to boat launch its dark and quite no big deal we will tie boat up and walk over to river view lodge.. as we tie boat up there is this crazy looking dude trying to launch a sail boat looks like he needs help so friend helps him out and came back and was that dude was creepy..
we start to walk over to restaurant on boardwalk pitch dark hard to see then wtf was that o shit another one wtf there every were like giant rats..
get cell phone lights and its cats everywhere it was Alfred Hitchcock the birds but they were not attacking us..
we finally get to place and ask for the strongest shot they got and have quite a few over the course of dinner..
so now we are fat cats(yes pun)with some drinks in us walking back to boat its late and super dark forgot about fuel for boat its super low and cruise back to bethel island on fumes barely make it to dock and say lets drink more and worry about it in the morning..
wake up in the morning and fuel dock is all closed up so I go to office and asked what's going on. they said they had a slow summer so they did not order any more fuel to sit in there tanks then proceeds to tell me just drive boat around over to chevron on the water.. I say its on there fuel dock and so low it wont even start back up.. she calls maintenance guy and ask for a gas can he has one and drives it over to us.. so we leave my friend on boat with cooler and go get fuel for the boat by the time we get back he has polished 8/10 beers and is feeling good.. so after putting some gas in boat we were able to make it to chevron on the water and enjoy the delta and even went to Stockton on the water to meet my brother and his wife n kids for lunch that day made all the early stuff worth the trip..
Monday went smooth with no issues but Tuesday when it was time to pack up and head home we realized or crap how are going to get boat out of water.. went to office again and asked do u guys have a better ramp to get boat out.. she said they have a lift over buy chevron gas station but its lifted on size of boat and you pay per foot. great I don't care how much it cost im paying for it.. we get over to lift and go in the office and lady says what is you total length of boat on the trailer? I respond back with 32ft and she says that wont fit. wtf. as were are walking out a guys says can I help you. I explain the issue he says i can get your boat out unhook your trailer and ill grab it with tractor.. awesome go to unhook trailer from truck and pin in jack breaks and cant lift off ball or put back up.. wtf again... guy uses tractor to get off ball and load trailer on boat lift it just fits on it.
we get boat loaded and I got to pay the guys and they say free.. im like no way and give them $20 each... was a crazy trip but cant want to get back there and enjoy some more.. lmfao
1421083963520.jpg
2013-09-16 10.16.04.jpg
2013-09-16 10.15.45.jpg
2013-09-15 12.37.58.jpg
2013-09-15 12.37.07.jpg
2013-09-15 12.36.56.jpg
2013-09-14 18.34.24.jpg
2013-09-14 18.33.38.jpg

Last edited:

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
I’m 45 mins away bring your crew up you and your family are always welcome to stay here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks brother!

Always have wanted to boat up there. I was supposed to ride with Scott last year.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

LOBOATOMY

Reaction score
We want, or I mean, NEED more pictures. Don't miss Gustie's 10 miles up the Micullime.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I did the hookie day 2 years ago in the little Miller.
I had to leave early from the first stop (the furthest from where I launched)

I did a pin drop at the ramp then followed Napanut out to the first stop.
I was able to return to the launch ramp solo just using maps on the iPhone.
If you know where you’re going, just put it in maps and away you go.

brgrcru

Reaction score
if you haven't been to the delta expect this most holidays and weekends. 50 years going to delta. never gets old. this is a rough day.
IMG_0176 (1).JPG

707dog

Reaction score
sounds like @RiverDave should rally up a couple goodfellas, load that 270 to come up for hookie day and weekend to play maybe he could get teague to throw him the keys to the guest house:D

Riley1

Reaction score
Joe, I think we need to plan this out next summer. A few of us SoCal RDPers headed to the delta with the advice of the local delta RDP Crew on where to stay and go.

T frog

Reaction score
Another group that's hanging out is celebrating a 30 year anniversary, there going big and super nice.

74 spectra20 v-drive

74 spectra20 v-drive
Reaction score
I did a week up there about 10 years ago and it was a blast, huge place you have to grab a map but it a very cool place. we stayed at this little spot, Turner cut resort, we were the only ones there all week.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Bunch of us are headed to Haven Acres in Lathrop for lunch today if you want to join us.

braindead

Reaction score
No shit, small world.

Just got home from there, thats my blue spectra on the end, my uncles white Tahiti in the middle and my dads yellow charger on the far end.

Hope the wind calms down, it was freezing tue, wed and thrus cuz of it.

T frog

Reaction score
No shit, small world.

Just got home from there, thats my blue spectra on the end, my uncles white Tahiti in the middle and my dads yellow charger on the far end.

Hope the wind calms down, it was freezing tue, wed and thrus cuz of it.

Ha that's funny I seen you pulling out I wanted to say hi.

Boat211

Reaction score
View attachment 676651 Parked in Front of the Rusty Port Hole. I use a map and pin point my location with the cell phone. It's easy to get off track but you will always run into something worth seeing.
Saw you pull into Orwood last night around 6ish. Your boat caught my eye but next time I looked out you were gone. Tell me more about your boat.

great_escape

Reaction score
Saw you pull into Orwood last night around 6ish. Your boat caught my eye but next time I looked out you were gone. Tell me more about your boat.
Of course 20 buck steak and lobster night makes for a great place to pull out at the end of the day. We just trailered the boat and went inside for dinner.
It's a 1981 Schiada 21' RC V-Drive, BBC with a Twin Turbo set up. It was SKI raced in the 80's as "Short Circut #65" Some where I have a video of it starting the 84' Catalina race. It was re rigged with new stringers in 96 and that process took years. It has been used more recreationally after that. I bought the boat a couple of years ago color Sanded and Polished the Gel, new interior and carpet. Shortly after buying it I hurt the engine. And have been trying to get the new one dialed. Yesterday was a test day that covered about 70 miles. I think the testing is done. Brummett had set me up with some different turbo cartridges recently and they exceed my expectations. But everything I've done with him has done that so it shouldn't be a surprise at this point. If you ever see me please come say Hi.

I ran in to this 24" vdrive on old river yesterday. Its about 2 weeks old and still has the new boat resin and glue smell to it. It is stunning. I think he said it #9 of the 24 V drives and It beat #8 out the door. He said #8 has a lot more Exotic inlays and detail than his cruiser.
IMG_5191.JPG
IMG_5192.JPG

Last edited: