WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Dem bones

relaxalot

Reaction score
Finally figured out ribs
EF5AAF99-CCFA-4AB6-A7DD-028687BD3F02.jpeg

relaxalot

Reaction score
I didn’t get them to high enough temp last time and carmelize them.
costco baby backs with the membrane removed. Slather with yellow mustard, coat with Salt Lick dry rub. 3 hours on traeger at 225. Double wrap in foil with about 1/4 cup brown sugar and a bit of butter and apple cider.. 1-1/4 hours... remove from foil and cook another 1-1/4 to 1.5 hourswith the last 20-30 mins coated with sweet baby Ray’s.. bbq brethren said to look for 198 degrees to 202 degrees between ribs and they were perfect..
I left them at 225 the entire time.. finally did it right..
Most websites say 3-2-1 method..
2 hours is too long to leave baby backs wrapped.. they will fall apart.. so I modified it a bit
Salt Lick rub.. order it

HitIt

Reaction score
2 hours is too long to leave baby backs wrapped.. they will fall apart..

Totally agree. Glad you were able to get it dialed. There are so many people that think that ribs that turn into mush and fall off the bone are amazing just because they fall off the bone. I think it is kinda gross. Hell, you can do that in a crock pot.

I think that most people don't realize that pellet smokers are essentially convection ovens with some smoke. Anyone who has used a convection oven in the kitchen knows that food cooks way faster. Another good option for pellet smokers is a 2-1-1 with a quick blast of heat at the end for some extra caramelization if you need it. There are a lot of BBQ recipes/techniques that were developed by people who really BBQ (offset, drum, etc. smokers) and they don't always translate well to pellet smokers.

Javajoe

Reaction score
I didn’t get them to high enough temp last time and carmelize them.
costco baby backs with the membrane removed. Slather with yellow mustard, coat with Salt Lick dry rub. 3 hours on traeger at 225. Double wrap in foil with about 1/4 cup brown sugar and a bit of butter and apple cider.. 1-1/4 hours... remove from foil and cook another 1-1/4 to 1.5 hourswith the last 20-30 mins coated with sweet baby Ray’s.. bbq brethren said to look for 198 degrees to 202 degrees between ribs and they were perfect..
I left them at 225 the entire time.. finally did it right..
2 hours is too long to leave baby backs wrapped.. they will fall apart.. so I modified it a bit
Salt Lick rub.. order it
Same method as me but I put them on my bbq once I unwrap them. I also add honey on top w/ the brown sugar and cider. I prep and wrap them in Suran Wrap overnight with the mustard and rub

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Keep the juices out of the foil, makes for great BBQ sauce. Mix it with equal parts molasses, apple cider vinegar and brown sugar. Combine in a sauce pan till everything is dissolve, then Mix in honey to taste along with the juices from the foil.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
I tried to smoke ribs on my Traeger, but I didn’t like the smoke flavor that they got - too much like the fake smoke flavor from the Farmer John red hot links. I just put them in the foil pouches with a mixture of mustard and Killer Hogs Hot BBQ rub. I cook them in the oven at 225 for 3 hours to 3 ½ hours then take them out of the pouches, slater them with bbq sauce and put them in the Traeger at 450 just long enough to caramelize the bbq sauce. It’s not really smoking, but it works every time. The meat just falls off the bone. With the leftover ribs we just pull it off the bones and then later in the week make a pot of beans with bacon, chilis, onions, garlic, and let it simmer for about 15-20 minutes then add the meat and make a killer chili.