WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Dental Referral ?? UPLAND CA

Bear Down

Reaction score
Looking for a solid dentist to finish some work on my molar (extraction) and implant. I'm just not confident in my dentist any longer and dental insurance just sucks, so anything beyond x-rays and cleanings is worth nothing, so I might as well go cash only. Any feed back is appreciated..

ltbaney1

Reaction score
not in Upland but in Huntington beach. DR Gabriel Capdevilla. i had not been to the dentist in 14 years and have serious "white coat fever" with anything medical. he was great, easy going, cash discount and painless.

Bear Down

Reaction score
not in Upland but in Huntington beach. DR Gabriel Capdevilla. i had not been to the dentist in 14 years and have serious "white coat fever" with anything medical. he was great, easy going, cash discount and painless.
I don't mind traveling for the right Dr.... thank you!

dspracing

Reaction score
Dr Lad, Lad family dentistry. I hate going to the dentist. My wife actually worked there, commuting from Upland to Temple City everyday. I had no idea why she wouldn't quit and find something closer to home until I went there myself. I would absolutely recommend them to anyone and I always look forward to going there.

Havasu311

Reaction score

Brian is a great guy, and a Havasu boater. He’s in Claremont. Feel free to let him know Devon Harden referred you. Hope this helps.

nowski

Reaction score
Dr. Diana Lee in Chino, Best Dentist Ever...

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
I've never had a problem with Beck Dental right there by the 24hr fitness. He's done plenty of work on me.

DanG

Reaction score
Our dentist in Upland retired after 30+ years and we had to find a new one. We had a couple referrals for Alta Dental Care in Upland and then check out on line reviews and all were positive. Been going there for 3-4 years now and they have been great. Dr. Zaveri and his staff are all awesome with a state of the art facility. They are off of Foothill, just east of Euclid. Feel free to check out their reviews on Google, yelp, etc.

909-451-8300

If Looks Could Kill

Reaction score
Forest Stowell 9th street in Upland 909- 985-2739
been going there for 20 years, his wife works there too, nice family practice

havasujeeper

Reaction score
If you live in California, and you have Costco, apply for their Delta Dental HMO. It costs $95 a year. Big discounts and 2x a year teeth cleaning. I use Dr. Al Bouz, from Cosmetic Laser Dentistry, on Foothill, just west of San Dimas Canyon Road in San Dimas.

Bear Down

Reaction score
Our dentist in Upland retired after 30+ years and we had to find a new one. We had a couple referrals for Alta Dental Care in Upland and then check out on line reviews and all were positive. Been going there for 3-4 years now and they have been great. Dr. Zaveri and his staff are all awesome with a state of the art facility. They are off of Foothill, just east of Euclid. Feel free to check out their reviews on Google, yelp, etc.

909-451-8300
This is the dentist I am probably leaning towards... trying to be as cautious as possible being cash only and hoping they better service is worth the extra few hundred dollars

Bear Down

Reaction score
If you live in California, and you have Costco, apply for their Delta Dental HMO. It costs $95 a year. Big discounts and 2x a year teeth cleaning. I use Dr. Al Bouz, from Cosmetic Laser Dentistry, on Foothill, just west of San Dimas Canyon Road in San Dimas.
that is great to know... didn't even think of that... We have Aetna... but like every HMO plan..its really only geared towards Preventative Care...

DanG

Reaction score
This is the dentist I am probably leaning towards... trying to be as cautious as possible being cash only and hoping they better service is worth the extra few hundred dollars

Thankfully, I have not had to have any major work done in the last few years. Here is a copy of my explanation of benefits from the last visit, shows the cost of x rays and cleaning. Looks like his charge amounts are not too far off of the Delta Dental agreed amounts. I assume as a cash customer, you would be charged the submitted amount. I will say they are great about giving you cost for things before doing the service, so if you know what type of work you need to have completed, they should be able to give you some ball park pricing.

1611599516973.png

havasujeeper

Reaction score
What i like is Cosmetic Laser Dentistry makes porcelain crowns while you wait. With insurance from Costco, they are half priced.

Bear Down

Reaction score
Thankfully, I have not had to have any major work done in the last few years. Here is a copy of my explanation of benefits from the last visit, shows the cost of x rays and cleaning. Looks like his charge amounts are not too far off of the Delta Dental agreed amounts. I assume as a cash customer, you would be charged the submitted amount. I will say they are great about giving you cost for things before doing the service, so if you know what type of work you need to have completed, they should be able to give you some ball park pricing.

View attachment 966369
This is great and something I wish I was getting where I am at... its more of a write up with just a total and shows nothing what is covered and then when you hunt for validation, its a damn extra $300 charge for some solution rinse/injection that isn't covered by the insurance.

jones performance

Reaction score

909-451-8300

dr greenwood?

Ducksquasher

Reaction score
Canyon Oaks Dentistry in Alta Loma on Baseline Ave. Dr. Cox and his team are great! I had major dental issues (lack of follow-up, preventative "main", etc.) and I put it off for a long, long time. On top of the issues was the embarrassment of finally getting it done. They made me extremely comfortable and did an unbelievable job of getting me back on track. The first time I walked in I told them how embarrassed I was and their immediate reply was " you don't need to worry about that here...you came to the right place!" They were right! Highly recommend them.

As for the other post...years ago we used Dr. Lad (Temple City) when we lived in Sierra Madre and they were great also. My SIL works for Dr. Jack Von Bulow (Temple City Dental Care) and they are another to take a look at if you head that way? My SIL is fantastic as a Dental Assistant and will take great care of you.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Obviously you'll check, but there's lots of great dentists that don't do implants, or implant prep after extractions.