WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Denver, Colorado

Your ad here

Reaction score
Where is a good area to hotel over night in South Denver? First time here and with my luck I'll end up in the gnarly part. Red pin is where I'll be for this trip.
Screenshot_20200220-123233_Maps.jpg

cofooter

Reaction score
I would head north a bit and stay in LoDo (Lower Downtown Denver). Really cool area with lots of bars and resturaunts. Its where all the sports teams play. Or head southeast a bit and stay by Cherry Creek mall. LOts of cool bars, returaunts, also.

sirbob

Reaction score
I would head north a bit and stay in LoDo (Lower Downtown Denver). Really cool area with lots of bars and resturaunts. Its where all the sports teams play. Or head southeast a bit and stay by Cherry Creek mall. LOts of cool bars, returaunts, also.

Those are the best choices imo also

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Been a while since I was there, but it used to be anything South of Colfax and west of Colorado Blvd was a good part of town.

Gawd I remember when LoDo was a shit hole, you didn't go there at night for sure. LOL... Now it is a party spot.

sintax

Reaction score
LoDo or RiNo are fun areas and pretty nice. I also enjoyed everything around the botanical gardens.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Check out the 1 up bar and el chapultepec in lodo. 1up is a classic arcade bar and el chapultepec is an old jazz club. Lots of great live music in lodo. Pick the spot that sounds best and wander in.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Just wondering what was chosen.
Lived in Aurora. Many good areas but a few that were sketchy not too far from the point on the map.

Your ad here

Reaction score
So I stayed at the Holiday inn Denver Cherry Creek. Never again! You talk to a call center and get an India person. Anyways they have parking limits. Underground parking and half a dozen spots out front. My truck won't fit in the underground parking and no available spots out front. Leave to find another hotel. Call to cancel my reservation and get told I have to pay per cancellation policy. Told the lady there was no mention of a cancellation policy. Pretty much got told to pound sand. I drive back to talk to the desk people. Find a spot out front. Walk in and tell them its bs they won't refund me. Guy looks out front and says I'm okay to park there. Then I said I would like to check in. So my room is next to a noisy carwash and road. Its loud. They took $30 off the next morning for the trouble. Get to my truck and noticed I had parked in an unmarked (sign) handicap spot. Look for tickets and none. I get out of there. They also charge for breakfast.
I got my business done in Denver and couldn't wait to get out of there. Busy, LA type traffic, weird people, and a rat race. The Rockies was an awesome drive.

Last edited:

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
So I stayed at the Holiday inn Denver Cherry Creek. Never again! You talk to a call center and get an India person. Anyways they have parking limits. Underground parking and half a dozen spots out front. My truck won't fit in the underground parking and no available spots out front. Leave to find another hotel. Call to cancel my reservation and get told I have to pay per cancellation policy. Told the lady there was no mention of a cancellation policy. Pretty much got told to pound sand. I drive back to talk to the desk people. Find a spot out front. Walk in and tell them its bs they won't refund me. Guy looks out front and says I'm okay to park there. Then I said I would like to check in. So my room is next to a noisy carwash and road. Its loud. They took $30 off the next morning for the trouble. Get to my truck and noticed I had parked in an unmarked (sign) handicap spot. Look for tickets and none. I get out of there. They also charge for breakfast.
I got my business done in Denver and couldn't wait to get out of there. Busy, LA type traffic, weird people, and a rat race. The Rockies was an awesome drive.

Sounds like a shitty deal. Denver is a cool town and was alot different than what i expected. Dont let this crappy experience turn you off. There is alot of fun to be had there. Sorry this trip sucked.

Diid you drive out through grand junction? That may be one of the pretiest stretches of road in the country.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
That sucks.
All I can say is get some Boxcar coffee!
We had breakfast at some pancake joint in Aurora a couple years back serving the brand, it was awesome.

caribbean20

Reaction score
What a shit hole... :D

I used to live just behind where that picture was taken, if I'm not mistaken.
I took this pic a few minutes ago from my back yard. We are just outside Boulder, the pic is of the Flatirons. Just behind would be Nederland, then on to Winterpark. Love both of those areas if that is where you lived.

Snow is great this year. Gonna be doing some serious powder skiing in the next few weeks.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
I took this pic a few minutes ago from my back yard. We are just outside Boulder, the pic is of the Flatirons. Just behind would be Nederland, then on to Winterpark. Love both of those areas if that is where you lived.

Snow is great this year. Gonna be doing some serious powder skiing in the next few weeks.

I lived over off of Wadsworth and about 114th Ave.

so I should have said if you turned around from there is where I lived.

Your ad here

Reaction score
I drove from Phoenix. I17, I40, 89, 160, 191, and I70. On my way back that same way. Beautiful drive and drove there and back between storms. I know with more time it would be fun. The stupid design of the roads and hotel deal just got it off to a bad start.

20200220_130410.jpg
20200220_144418.jpg
20200221_134131.jpg

20200221_135112.jpg
20200220_083922.jpg

Last edited:

caribbean20

Reaction score
I lived over off of Wadsworth and about 114th Ave.

so I should have said if you turned around from there is where I lived.
Got it, I misinterpreted. We are in the Broomfield/Lafayette area, just off 144th. A little bit North of where you used to live. Been out here for about 3 years since leaving Manhattan Beach.

cofooter

Reaction score
Sorry you had a bad experience, the weirdo's are probably the ones that come here for the pot! 😅 Like any big city, Denver's got some warts.
Come back sometime and try again.

Caribbean, get up there, 9ft in Feb so far! Bitchen day yesterday.
20200222_122113_HDR (1).jpg

caribbean20

Reaction score
Love me some Jane!
Got first tracks off Panorama. They closed it after 1 hour because of wind. Dude on another lift told me he was the last rider on Panorama and was worried he was gonna get tossed. Salty old fella who didn’t seem prone to hyperbole. It can get “challenging” on that lift at 12,000’.

caribbean20

Reaction score
Miss my Mary Jane!
We do Copper more due to the pass to get to Mary
Agree with Cofooter on Berthoud, I’ve never had a problem on that pass.

I recall you had a child at CU Boulder. My son just graduated from CU. We own a condo just across 28th from campus. Worked out well for my kid, and Boulder real estate has been strong.

Singleton

Reaction score
Agree with Cofooter on Berthoud, I’ve never had a problem on that pass.

I recall you had a child at CU Boulder. My son just graduated from CU. We own a condo just across 28th from campus. Worked out well for my kid, and Boulder real estate has been strong.

Yep - good memory
Son graduated in 2017 and works in Denver now.
Big reason we do Copper are the 4 packs. Have 5 snowboarders in my family so it cheaper then Winter. Icon passes for the wife an me

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
I lived in Lakewood a long time ago. I’ve skied Eldora in Boulder a few times. We stayed in the Broomfield area it was really nice.