WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Denver/Golden Colorado

Kfabe

Reaction score
The wife and I are headed to Colorado to see Tyler Childers at Red Rocks. Any Can’t miss places in the area? Bars, restaurants etc. Haven’t been to Colorado in years.

cofooter

Reaction score
Do you like Coors? Go on the tour, or, if you are pressed for time, ask for the short tour where you can go straight to the tasting room.

Old Town Golden is a great place to hang out, lots of cool, funky resturants and bars.

Where are you staying and how long are you there?

Kfabe

Reaction score
Do you like Coors? Go on the tour, or, if you are pressed for time, ask for the short tour where you can go straight to the tasting room.

Old Town Golden is a great place to hang out, lots of cool, funky resturants and bars.

Where are you staying and how long are you there?
I already looked into the coors deal. They aren’t giving tours because of this covid nonsense. We are only there for a few days just a quick trip. Golden looks like a cool town

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
If you are into that sort of thing, Denver has a really good natural history museum. The Mint used to give tours, you can see tons of worthless coins being made. :D

Other than that, the bar seen on LoDo is good, or at least it used to be.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
The wife and I are headed to Colorado to see Tyler Childers at Red Rocks. Any Can’t miss places in the area? Bars, restaurants etc. Haven’t been to Colorado in years.
If you like history stuff check out the Argo mine.
Pretty amazing what those men did with hand tools and labor.
FF1BCC49-2355-44CF-9D1D-94CD3790FFD2.png

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Not really a must see, but if you are going to be around there for a few days and plan to take a trip west on the 70 into the mountains, a stop off in Idaho Springs at the Frothy Cup for coffee is always good (I usually get they grey wolf on the way into the Denver area), and Pizza at Beau Jo's Pizza is always good. . Cool little town, but when I say little, I mean it's really fucking small.

sirbob

Reaction score
The Rockies are playing at home 9/27-29.

As mentioned already, if you are downtown LODO is a good place to hang out and hang dinner or drinks.

Red Rocks area is cool to hike around during the day.

Golden - cool town.

Vial ins't that far away if you want to head up into the mountains.

outboardrick

Reaction score
Morrison, where Red Rocks is, is a cool little town with a couple bar/restaurants. I really enjoy hanging out there.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
If you are driving my advice is to just give yourself plenty of time along the i-70, one of the coolest roads in the country and there are tons of places to stop along the way and soak in the amazing views.

Hanging Lake is amazing.

cofooter

Reaction score
If you are driving my advice is to just give yourself plenty of time along the i-70, one of the coolest roads in the country and there are tons of places to stop along the way and soak in the amazing views.

Hanging Lake is amazing.
Even better, if possible. avoid I-70 if you really have some time and take a more roundabout route east or west. Beautiful scenery, cool, little towns, and the leaves are turning now.