WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Depth Gauge not working

Reaction score
I just bought a 2017 Regency. It has a Lowrance Gen3 on it. The sonar seems to work, but I dont use it. But the depth gyase does not seem to work it just shows ----. I'm also suposed to be able to set the mode on the Tach to display depth in the digital readout section. That is also blank. Is there a reset or calabration that needs to be done?

Reaction score
Found out the depth gauge does work but not till the boat is moving at about 15mph. Wondering if the angle of the planed boat changes this. The sensor is mounted flat but wonder if changing the angle will help? Anyone every have this issue?

PlanB

Reaction score
My Garmin chart plotter will sometimes have issues with depth readings. If I adjust the angle of the sending unit on the back of the boat it fixes the issue. Rough water will sometimes push it too far up, causing it to not work. I would bet it is the angle of the sending unit.

Reaction score
Should the depth gauge read anything when its on the trailer? Wondering if I can do any testing out of the water

RichL

Reaction score
Should the depth gauge read anything when its on the trailer? Wondering if I can do any testing out of the water
No. Needs to be in the water or in a similar liquid to create a read.