WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Desert Bar

LakeBeard

Reaction score
I think we are going to head out to the desert bar this weekend. I have never been before, I heard they serve food, is that correct, if so what do they have? I want to make sure they have something for my picky eaters. We will be coming down from the Landing if anybody else is wants to go

cofooter

Reaction score
Burgers and dogs, stuff like that. Not great, but edible if you're hungry.

Reactions: TPC

PlanB

Reaction score
The bar serves burgers and dogs, but they also have some vendors. Nikos was one of the vendors, but heard they are no longer going to be there. Not sure who will take their place.

Reactions: TPC

WildWilly

Reaction score
Had some friends go last weekend, with Niko's no longer there they said the food was pretty bad. Hoepfully they are making some adjustments, only because its a bit of a hike in and out to be drinking with no food

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
As noted the food is not great. It is all about the experience of the bar in the middle of the desert. If you have picky eaters then I’d suggest that you fill them up before you hit the road. It is a fun place but it is in the middle of the desert and the quality is about a 6 out of 10. by the way the bathrooms are not that great. So.....if you have anyone that does not poop in public they might issues with that as well. LOL

PlanB

Reaction score
If they have not replaced Nikos, the lines for burgers and dogs must be pretty bad. Last year I waited about 45 minutes for a couple of burgers. The place is very crowded these days.

cofooter

Reaction score
Its cool to go there a few times, I'm kinda over it, we usually just go shoot near the entrance and then skip the bar. Traffic in, traffic out on a long, long road for an hour at the bar isn't really worth it to me anymore. It's not like the road there is fun unless you like getting stuck behind a driver/vehicle thats taking their time.

Slick

Reaction score
Beers are price right. Paid $12 for a burger with no fries the second weekend they opened this year. Good burger though. They were wearing Nikos shirts.

Reactions: DWC

Not Important

Reaction score
I was there on Saturday Nov 2nd, don't get the food from upstairs but the food downstairs was really good. Not Niko's anymore but the pulled pork was great, so were the garlic fries. Beer, food, music bitchen place, we go often. Remember, 35mph max on the main road, patrol on SXS's, I did not see any while we were out.

BingerFang

Reaction score
Literally had the best pastrami of my life last year from the vendor down the stairs by the new underpass. I’m going to very sad if they are gone.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Very limited cell service at DB. Not sure it would work out. Owner would have one already if he could make money IMO

I was just thinking ATM with a $4 service charge. Surely that's easy enough to do

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Literally had the best pastrami of my life last year from the vendor down the stairs by the new underpass. I’m going to very sad if they are gone.
Well Nikko's is gone, but have their main place in Havasu, and I'm hearing they're doing the food for R-Bar in the South end.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I was just thinking ATM with a $4 service charge. Surely that's easy enough to do
Those little atms use cellular modems in them and there is no service out there.

jones performance

Reaction score
i was there a couple weeks ago. funny all the people asking for white claws and similiar and getting pissed when they dont have it. lol oh and trying to pay with debit, apple pay etc..

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I have never seen an atm there.. airs been cash only as long as I can remember.

To confirm Nikos is no longer there, they are doing the R Bar deal..

The crowds the Desert bar draws in now are ridiculous and actually have become an obstacle more than a fun time.

I am eagerly awaiting the new desert bar opening in Havasu.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
They still have the hockey pucks and hot dogs upstairs. I love the hockey puck btw.

Cash only, no atm. That’s never changed.

There’s a new food vendor downstairs. A couple in our group tried them and weren’t very impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SFV2RVR

Registered Parker Legend
Reaction score
They still have the hockey pucks and hot dogs upstairs. I love the hockey puck btw.

There’s a new food vendor downstairs. A couple in our group tried them and weren’t very impressed.

....and No Cheese!...EVER!!!! Lol

Singleton

Reaction score

Everyone in my group ordered from downstairs this weekend and the food was much better then expected. As usual the wait was bad even though the bar was only 1/2 full

white tortilla

Reaction score
I've been going out there since i was 12 years old and it was 1/10 of the size it is now. Was more fun back then. A lot more off the grid and a lot less busy. A shitty Burger with no cheese and a cold beer was awesome. It was about the destination and the trip there on the motorcycle/jeep. Little to no power, few solar panels. We didnt hangout for 6 hours like people do now. Eat drink and keep rolling. Its all yuppies in side x sides and snowbirds in cars who are apparently sad there is no ATM, white claws (which i do consume a lot of) and are upset the newer vendor wont be there with the fancy sandwiches. Kinda lost the sexiness of the original "bar in the middle of the desert" to me a couple seasons ago. Good Riddance if it regresses to what made it so special in the first place.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I agree with above. Being a short 5 miles either way you go it’s not totally worth it. I will go the “man” way from havasu so make it worth the trip lol

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
Exactly!^^^
We used to go and camp there and bring Kenny a bottle of wine at Thanksgiving and he would have a carve your own piece of turkey
I won't even think of going there now for thanksgiving
It 's a bar not a restaurant. In the desert
You order a shot and a beer and watch the good ol boys play in the band
Now it's Range Rovers and Porsche cayennes in the parking lot waiting for Garth Brooks to come on stage

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Why there is places that do not have the capability to use debit cards is beyond me. They are missing out on revenue in my opinion. Even if I like a place, if its cash only I usually don't go just out of convenience.

Singleton

Reaction score
Ever since the news in PHX reported on it the place has lost its vibe. Used to be word of mouth, etc.
Now with all the social media it gets way too busy and not the same.

Outdrive1

Reaction score
....and No Cheese!...EVER!!!! Lol

Can you see that sign from Foxs?

SFV2RVR

Registered Parker Legend
Reaction score
Can you see that sign from Foxs?

You’re usually on the bar stool next to me, you tell me?! Lol

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Where is that going to be?

Havasu Heights.. After they shut down the first one that was opened up there they actually permitted a second one!

I know someone who is connected to it, but I'm trying like hell to remember who it is right now.. LOL.

RD

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Ever since the news in PHX reported on it the place has lost its vibe. Used to be word of mouth, etc.
Also with GPS too. Everyone shares gps coordinates online too (myself included)

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I went once a long time ago...

It's probably a cool place to go, once.

Outdrive1

Reaction score
I went once a long time ago...

It's probably a cool place to go, once.

Funny. Every guest we have can’t wait to see it. Especially friends from back east or other states. It’s definitely something cool if you’ve never been in the desert, or off-roading or never experienced all the stuff we take for granted here.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Funny. Every guest we have can’t wait to see it. Especially friends from back east or other states. It’s definitely something cool if you’ve never been in the desert, or off-roading or never experienced all the stuff we take for granted here.

Makes total sense. It was fun to go check it out the first time.

I wish someone would put a Strokes or Havasu Springs kinna place on the top of Sundance!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

It's been packed for a long time before that happened.. (Albeit that didn't help).

When I was a kid we would go out there and it was just him that little shack and some coolers of water and beer. LOL. The road (easy way) also had a checkered flag at the end of it, and was as close to ralley car racing as I've ever experienced. It was every man for himself on that deal, it was flipping crazy (and like anything inherently dangerous more fun than you could imagine!).

RD

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Why there is places that do not have the capability to use debit cards is beyond me. They are missing out on revenue in my opinion. Even if I like a place, if its cash only I usually don't go just out of convenience.
No paper trail , nobody estimating your income / lower tax liability etc etc

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I have never seen an atm there.. airs been cash only as long as I can remember.

To confirm Nikos is no longer there, they are doing the R Bar deal..

The crowds the Desert bar draws in now are ridiculous and actually have become an obstacle more than a fun time.

I am eagerly awaiting the new desert bar opening in Havasu.

That about says it all.

Just a quick beer stop for us now if the parking lot isn’t full. That means it won’t be slammed.

High school kids are flipping burgers with moonlighting teachers bussing tables occasionally yelling at them can be funny to watch.

The novelty is fading.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I wish someone would open a sports valley kinda place pretty much anywhere!! That and another badenochs!

RD

We seriously checked out the Del Rio.
The moon and stars were lining up. We have one son that could easily run it. Runs an excellent kitchen.

Not that bad an investment but the payback wouldn’t be all that great. A burp in the economy or bad weather year would cost you too.

Might work for someone who lives in the park and can hands-on run the place and hire a cute bartender(s).

Anthony and Becky took it over as the economy puked and the park was in defeat.
They did an excellent effort getting up to speed and keeping it afloat.
You could get a place there for $15k. Owners were letting them go cheap or walking away. It seriously hurt the start up.

But Anthony left the DelRio in excellent shape. Took it all to the next level.
The next guy ran it into the ground and the no money to operate with next operator after him finished it off.

Shirley was the CRA rep one had to deal with and nothing ever went smoothly with Shirley from my experiences.

Cali side is a minus too.
Az side Sports Valley had that old Parker character in its bones and good location avail to all. Throw in History, that counts too.
We really miss it.
It was a community social hub and THE watering hole.

Last edited: