WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Desert Bar

RichieRich

Reaction score
you guys were a lot of help with helping me out on my first trip to the Bunker Bar a few weeks back so i thought I would ask this question.
We have been to the Desert Bar last year but we took our truck. This year I would like to stage up and let my wife and daughter take the Rhino and my son and I would ride our dirtbikes. Couple of questions to you who know.
1. Can a pretty much stock Rhino make it on the trail from the River Island Deli over or should we stick to Cienega Springs for that?
2. If we take Cienega Springs, can we ride our non plated dirtbikes on that road or do they consider that an actual road?
Thanks in advance on this
Rich

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
As far as the non-plated OHVs:

#1 Are you referring to the dirt road or the highway? If just dirt road, yes. Except that they must have the Arizona OHV decal/plate. (Out of state OHV decals not recognized)

#2 If referring to the highway, if you have the aforementioned OHV decal, you can operate on the highway IF:

a. You have the OHV decal/plate
b. The OHVs are insured
c. The OHVs have brake lights, horn, etc
d. The operators have drivers licenses (MC license if 2 wheeled)
e. You are going directly to or from the staging area to the dirt.

rivergames

Reaction score
The hardest part of the River Island trail is right at the beginning by the market. Other than that, she isn't too tricky.

Reactions: TPC

DWC

Reaction score
The hardest part of the River Island trail is right at the beginning by the market. Other than that, she isn't too tricky.
X10 on the first climb. It’s enough to get your attention.

Singleton

Reaction score
just drove it Saturday in the Jeep
first climb was not that bad, but dug out in a couple spots making it look harder then it is
going down the big hill (where most folks stop at the top) - some tight spots due to larger rocks being moved around. I had to spot a guy in a Tacoma due to the rock positions for wider vehicles.

RichieRich

Reaction score
thank you guys for the advice...we may stick to Cienga Springs for this trip

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Its easier to go in Cienag Springs rd and go out the back way. Then you’re going down that big rock area instead of up. I’ve done it a hundred times in a sxs both ways, they really don’t have any issues with it. Never in a Jeep. Since I bought a Jeep, Ill have to give it a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rivergames

Reaction score
Its easier to go in Cienag Springs rd and go out the back way. Then you’re going down that big rock area instead of up. I’ve done it a hundred times in a sxs both ways, they really don’t have any issues with it. Never in a Jeep. Since I bought a Jeep, Ill have to give it a shot.

Give it 6 months and then let the kid drive!

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
I'd be interested in doing this sometime in the near future but I'd be trailering my Rhino from below Parker and would want to go with someone that knows the route. I will need to find a trailer in Parker to grab, figured I could snag a Uhaul for the day.

Based on this thread I would need an Arizona OHV as my Rhino is registered in CA, is that correct? I'd be wanting to take the River Island Trail. My Rhino is fairly built so I don't think I would have any issues, does anyone have a pic of the rock area?

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
I'd be interested in doing this sometime in the near future but I'd be trailering my Rhino from below Parker and would want to go with someone that knows the route. I will need to find a trailer in Parker to grab, figured I could snag a Uhaul for the day.

Based on this thread I would need an Arizona OHV as my Rhino is registered in CA, is that correct? I'd be wanting to take the River Island Trail. My Rhino is fairly built so I don't think I would have any issues, does anyone have a pic of the rock area?

You wont get lost. Theres really only one trail. All the others dead end. Plus theres lots of traffic usually.

Oh and Rhinos are climbers. Ive done it in a Rhino.

PlanB

Reaction score

Here is a video going up in my Jeep, but the angle of the video makes it look a lot less steep than it actually is. It's not that bad unless you take the wrong line. I tried to go left my first time up and got in trouble. Going straight up like in this video is safer in a top heavy vehicle.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The back way to the desert bar doesn’t really have anything that difficult.. you will be fine.

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
Here is a video going up in my Jeep, but the angle of the video makes it look a lot less steep than it actually is. It's not that bad unless you take the wrong line. I tried to go left my first time up and got in trouble. Going straight up like in this video is safer in a top heavy vehicle.

Thanks for the video.

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score

That looks super easy..... compared to the last time I went up... 2 years ago. It must be camera angle.

PlanB

Reaction score
That looks super easy..... compared to the last time I went up... 2 years ago. It must be camera angle.

Yeah, from the bottom looking up it's a lot steeper. That video was from 1-2 years ago.