WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Desert Heat 21RC going

AZLineman

Adjusting to retired life
Reaction score
Hate to see it go but its time First $8500 takes it as is with new tires and lights working.

Trailer needs work or replaced. I would easily repair it. Same Competitive that I have under my yellow RC.
It has had gelcoat issues since Lonnie created Desert Heat from the green 21RC it once was and now needs to be redone. It has not moved or been in the water in 7 years and sits where I parked it the day I pulled the engine. It has a C500 with a 29 gear, new IMCO tanks, AC TH400 and we rewired it 10ish years ago with new gauges. It has the origional 1" Hallcraft rigging. Delivery avail to Needles/Havasu area.

Boat is in Tucson
I work a crazy busy schedule so if interested you can message me thru here, email me at [email protected] or text @ 520-275-3912
Desert Heat 1.jpg
desert heat 5.jpg
desert heat 6.jpg
desert heat 7.jpg
desert heat3.jpg
desert heat4.jpg
desert heat8.jpg
desertheat9.jpg
Desert Heat.png

Last edited:

rivergames

Reaction score
I'd like to build up a bitchen Enduro boat one day. How are the floor and stringers?

Lars_The_Swedish_Viking

Reaction score
The Hot Boat Magazine article about the boat in September of 2003 caused me to buy my Schiada. Epic, unique boat by an even more epic creator and owner. R.I.P.
(Btw, you always have had some neat boats around Dave).
Roosevelt022 Liberator AZlineman Evinrude V8 twins.jpg

Last edited:

AZLineman

Reaction score
I'd like to build up a bitchen Enduro boat one day. How are the floor and stringers?
Hull is solid but I would do a little forward bulkhead work.
Aaron Fluent needs this back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree Paul. I have reached out to Aaron and Cheryl via text and email with no response. I spoke with them in the past as you and I have talked about but nothing recently. Let him know if you see him please.

The Hot Boat Magazine article about the boat in September of 2003 caused me to buy my Schiada. Epic, unique boat by an even more epic creator and owner. R.I.P.
(Btw, you always have had some neat boats around Dave).
View attachment 733590
There is one of my favorites. Built for the VP of Four Winns back when. Drove to N Michigan to get it from him.

rivergames

Reaction score
Just talked to my brother. I'm on the same page as him. If you take $7K and drop her off in Parker, We will cut the check today!

aaronschiada

Reaction score
What’s going on here? Looks sketchy...

Attachments

• ED4E9F68-2622-410A-985E-F30ADD98C3C3.png
    ED4E9F68-2622-410A-985E-F30ADD98C3C3.png
    809.7 KB · Views: 661

AZLineman

Reaction score
What’s going on here? Looks sketchy...
Regarding what exactly?
Just talked to my brother. I'm on the same page as him. If you take $7K and drop her off in Parker, We will cut the check today!
Not going to happen. If no one wants it for the $8500 thats fine. I will get to it at some point. I am certainly not starving.
This is definately a project for me or someone else however, It just depends to what level of detail and hardware you want to take it. When this 21 was on display at the LA boat show (I was there) or when it was in Hot Boat mag, it had the same orig rigging that it has now. only change has been gauges, complete wiring and plumbing steering hub/wheel and pedal assy. Its in about the same shape as my yellow 21 was in when I first got it way back. Imco tanks alone are worth $1500 as most of you already know.
If it does not sell now, its transformation will start within a coup years or less.

aaronschiada

Reaction score
Regarding what exactly?

Not going to happen. If no one wants it for the $8500 thats fine. I will get to it at some point. I am certainly not starving.
This is definately a project for me or someone else however, It just depends to what level of detail and hardware you want to take it. When this 21 was on display at the LA boat show (I was there) or when it was in Hot Boat mag, it had the same orig rigging that it has now. only change has been gauges, complete wiring and plumbing steering hub/wheel and pedal assy. Its in about the same shape as my yellow 21 was in when I first got it way back. Imco tanks alone are worth $1500 as most of you already know.
If it does not sell now, its transformation will start within a coup years or less.
The picture I posted on there shows. Looks like either something really heavy slammed down on the side of the boat or it taco’d...

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The picture I posted on there shows. Looks like either something really heavy slammed down on the side of the boat or it taco’d...

The black gel never adhered properly to the gel underneath is what you are seeing. Back when that picture was taken of it on my dock with Danny's boat behind it there was some small sections of gel that were coming off of the boat. If you put your fingernail under one you could peel it off pretty easily.

The entire boat (if nothing has changed since then) will have to be taken down to glass and re-gelled. The upside of it is though, is since the gel didn't properly adhere it will probably come off pretty easy with a chisel or sharp object as opposed to having to literally sand it all off.

RD

AZLineman

Reaction score
The black gel never adhered properly to the gel underneath is what you are seeing. Back when that picture was taken of it on my dock with Danny's boat behind it there was some small sections of gel that were coming off of the boat. If you put your fingernail under one you could peel it off pretty easily.

The entire boat (if nothing has changed since then) will have to be taken down to glass and re-gelled. The upside of it is though, is since the gel didn't properly adhere it will probably come off pretty easy with a chisel or sharp object as opposed to having to literally sand it all off.

RD
Dave, You are correct on the Gel. The black above the rubrail is paint too.

AZLineman

Reaction score
It is. Had it sold down to the weekend the dude was picking it up and he unfortunally was diagnosed with some bad shit the week prior. Text if interested. 520 275 3912

AZLineman

Reaction score
Fig i would bump it while im staring at it with coffee in hand.

NeedlesRat

Reaction score
Did anyone ever figure out if the stringers were separating from the hull from the pics and comments above?

sintax

Reaction score
woah blast from the past. I have not seen this one in ages. I was talking to Jordy about buying this thing back in the HotBoat days.

we never could get close enough together on a price to make me go look at it.