WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Desert Storm 2022

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
It might be a bit early but I need something to get me through tax season. Looking forward to this year's Desert Storm. Got so excited, I rented a place to stay a month ago lol.

This year's dates are April 20th - 24th.

Who else is going? Who is participating?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I need to actually meet you in person. Been doing buisnes for a few years now🤣

Meet ya at the street fair??

Past couple of years we have been grabbing breakfast at Black Meadow and then hanging out on the point for the poker run. That could work too. 👍

wet hull

Reaction score
Meet ya at the street fair??

Past couple of years we have been grabbing breakfast at Black Meadow and then hanging out on the point for the poker run. That could work too. 👍
We will be at street fair for sure. Will text you that day.

sintax

Reaction score
just realized I double booked myself for that weekend, well thats a bummer.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Planning on being here. IT is one of my favorite events. I like to see the city come to life…

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
We are doing the poker run again this year. Looking forward to the RDP/Detail Specialties party!

3309~2.jpeg

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
i don't like the thought of missing out, however not the same without a boat right now. I might make an appearance at the street party.

lenmann

Reaction score
I will be there, making the trek from NorCal with two other couples. Reserved a VRBO down by the golf course.

This is our third attempt. Had a house reserved for 2020 and 2021, both cancelled due to the virus. Hoping the third time is the charm!

First timers.

Tank

Reaction score
We were just talking about it yesterday. Think we’re gonna be up river for kids spring break April 3-10. Then maybe do Thur - mon for DS 20-24. I’m interested to see if the lake is gonna be as big of a shit show as it was last year. Worst I’ve ever seen havasu. Hoping it was because people were still working from home, school was out and no kids sports still. Hopefully with those aspect back to somewhat normalcy, maybe it won’t be as crazy on the water.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
We will be back again this year. Last years event was such a breath of fresh air after a year plus of lockdowns and masking in Commiefornia. This years event can only get even better!!

Reactions: DWC

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Haha does he wear tear offs?

If the desert storm party is anything like the eliminator party not worth it
Going to guess you weren't at the DS afterparty for Desert Storm...🤣 Didn't @RiverDave wind up on probation over it?? 😅

I don't think you could have found a case of coors light or white claw in the tri-state area that night anywhere 😂

tempImagewpfgc1.jpg

Last edited:

Riverryder

Reaction score
@Ace in the Hole wasnt DS party at horizon last year?
I didn’t go to DS last year. It looked fun!
But I went to the eliminator regatta and I won’t be going this year that’s for sure.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
@Ace in the Hole wasnt DS party at horizon last year?
I didn’t go to DS last year. It looked fun!
But I went to the eliminator regatta and I won’t be going this year that’s for sure.
There was a party/pontoon boat unveiling thing at horizon but the RDP/Desert Storm afterparty was at Chris's shop. Unreal amount of people, boom bandits, boats/display truck etc. Very well put together, from what I can remember we had a great time lol

Bummer on the eliminator deal

guest hs

Reaction score
I wonder if the gray and purple Ultra cat will be ready this year??????? I see it’s still at Ultra.

Reactions: DWC

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Going to guess you weren't at the DS afterparty for Desert Storm...🤣 Didn't @RiverDave wind up on probation over it?? 😅

I don't think you could have found a case of coors light or white claw in the tri-state area that night anywhere 😂

View attachment 1080878

Yes I had to get a lawyer, ended up getting six months probation a fine etc..

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
I don't think we are going to make it this year. My kid whose birthday we celebrate in Havasu every year because it always falls on Desert Storm, asked if he could have a birthday party with his friends this year. Probably end up going out for Spring Break when the kids are off school for 2 weeks.

Singleton

Reaction score
Since 2006, I have only missed 4 DS. This will be number 5.
Daughter is on Spring Break and we are heading to Moab. Roll into Havasu the Sunday of DS to setup my Islander spot.