WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Desert Storm 2023

DBO

Reaction score
Thinking about heading to Desert Storm this year with a friend. We are wondering where might be a good place to launch further up river to avoid the shit show at the lake ramps. We also both have fairly deep V hauls so going to far up river is a concern with the depth of the draft in these boats and spendy props.
Any thoughts would be great, thank you.

D

JFMFG

Reaction score
To be honest If you’re on the lake by 8:30-9 none of the ramps are to bad that weekend. I don’t know of any ramps I’d launch from up river except pirate in a deep v. But then depending on speed you have a 40 min cruise down river to the lake to watch DS.

DBO

Reaction score
One friend mentioned Jacksmith. I could have that wrong a tat but not sure.
Both my boat and my friends boats are 29’ . One Fountain, one Lavey Craft.

Reactions: DWC

JFMFG

Reaction score
One friend mentioned Jacksmith. I could have that wrong a tat but not sure.
Both my boat and my friends boats are 29’ . One Fountain, one Lavey Craft.
Jack smith is above pirate I haven’t launched there for years but heard they re did it. Where are you staying or planning to stay v

Reactions: DBO

DBO

Reaction score
My Buddy has a place a vacation home in Bullhead. We both currently live in Fresno. I have property there in north Bullhead but won’t start building for a couple years.

DBO

Reaction score
Pirates Cove could work but I know there are a couple shallow spots headed south or at least there used to be. Made me picker one year!

JFMFG

Reaction score
Pirates Cove could work but I know there are a couple shallow spots headed south or at least there used to be. Made me picker one year!
There is only one spot at the mouth of the river just trim it and hug the reeds and you’ll be fine.

DBO

Reaction score
several years ago we headed down to the Avi to Havasu. Couple spots got pretty shallow and one more right as we got toe the mouth of the lake. Depth gauge alarms starting going off…… HOLY SHIT

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
several years ago we headed down to the Avi to Havasu. Couple spots got pretty shallow and one more right as we got toe the mouth of the lake. Depth gauge alarms starting going off…… HOLY SHIT
There will be a map on here every spring that shows the pattern to take.... you can very easily run aground not following the right path.

DS honestly..be in the water by 7-730... you'll be fine at really any ramp. I bought a slip so that I no longer will have to deal with that shit... hopefully the 7ish grand a year is worth it...but I think it will be.😂

schweeng

Reaction score
Boating in a V above Avi... is not really that interesting... Anywhere below Avi is fine... I've had 3 Lavey 29's..... all of them have gone up and down those parts with zero concern. I once took my 388 Slingshot to the Avi.... never sweated it when the water is running.

jailbird141

Reaction score
I can tell you, I have a 29 Lavey and will not go further north that Moabi/Pirates. I did it many times with a 22 foot Carrera jet bote and a 26 foot Lavey. The 29 sits much deeper in the water than the 26 and I have hit bottom at the mouth of the river with the 29. Just my .02 based on my experience.

DBO

Reaction score
There will be a map on here every spring that shows the pattern to take.... you can very easily run aground not following the right path.

DS honestly..be in the water by 7-730... you'll be fine at really any ramp. I bought a slip so that I no longer will have to deal with that shit... hopefully the 7ish grand a year is worth it...but I think it will be.😂
Yep, that’s what I’m afraid of so not sure about putting in at Pirates Cove. My boat has a deeper draft than most it’s size I’m betting based on the deg. in the haul. Have to play it by ear.

7k per year….. well I guess if you live there it’s worth it. Pull the boat out during the week to clean/detail.

DBO

Reaction score
I can tell you, I have a 29 Lavey and will not go further north that Moabi/Pirates. I did it many times with a 22 foot Carrera jet bote and a 26 foot Lavey. The 29 sits much deeper in the water than the 26 and I have hit bottom at the mouth of the river with the 29. Just my .02 based on my experience.
I appreciate your reply. Love my 2950 and the very exspensive prop I just put on.

DBO

Reaction score
How do you feel about going from Pirates to Havasu and back, deep enough for the 2950?

DBO

Reaction score

I wonder if there are slips available to rent that weekend?

schweeng

Reaction score
How do you feel about going from Pirates to Havasu and back, deep enough for the 2950?
So I'm guessing your pretty new to this stuff or so it seems a little.... your boat will be just fine in 95-99% of the river. For some context, the weekend you're talking about will have 38, 42,46 Cigarette, Outerlimits,Fountains & some HUGE Center consoles, etc..... V's running up and down it all weekend long.... some with props that could be as much as 5k to 7k each.... have fun and enjoy your boat!!!

DBO

Reaction score
Boating in a V above Avi... is not really that interesting... Anywhere below Avi is fine... I've had 3 Lavey 29's..... all of them have gone up and down those parts with zero concern. I once took my 388 Slingshot to the Avi.... never sweated it when the water is running.
Three Lavey 29’s is impressive. They seem to be pretty rare these days. Took me better part of a year to find the mine. Looked at one other, a couple 2750’s and a Lavey Cat.
So I'm guessing your pretty new to this stuff or so it seems a little.... your boat will be just fine in 95-99% of the river. For some context, the weekend you're talking about will have 38, 42,46 Cigarette, Outerlimits,Fountains & some HUGE Center consoles, etc..... V's running up and down it all weekend long.... some with props that could be as much as 5k to 7k each.... have fun and enjoy your boat!!!
Most of my river boating has been done in my jet with no real concerns. I boated years ago down to Havasu in a 26 Rinker , that’s when the alarms went off.
Spend most of my boating in Lake Mojave with my Velocity and now my new Lavey when in Arizona.
Appreciate your insight.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
I wonder if there are slips available to rent that weekend?
There likely will be if you get on a list sooner than later. with SCFW etc it may get tight in terms of availability. I fully intend for my boat to be in the water those weekends...intention for me was to do the weekend program...and not have the time sink of launching etc. They will have the unused "owners" slips in the rental pool to my understanding if they opt into that.

jailbird141

Reaction score
I make the run from Havasu to Pirates or Topock just about every weekend we are there. Only once have I touched bottom and that was at the mouth of the river. I was watching as the water got shallow and came off the throttle and when the boat settled into the water the drive touched sand. Probably couldve made it fine but didnt want to chance it.