WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Desert Storm 2023

Surformoto

Reaction score
Can anyone give me the dates for DS2023? I have not seen any advertisement or talk about it. It’s one weekend that we go without the kids. Adult weekend! Anyways, heard there are new owners but not seeing anything has me wondering about dates this year
804F3EE6-80B2-43E1-914C-7CAE74845C06.jpeg

Reactions: DWC

Singleton

Reaction score
I went to try and get dates and info, but website is down (security certs expired).

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Well they finally put out an email today..
From our team members to all of you, the time has come to
KICK OFF DESERT STORM 2023!

We can't thank each and everyone of you ENOUGH for your understanding and patience. It is very important to all of us that we were given the time needed to make things as close to perfect as can be.

YES, there will be hiccups and we ask that you communicate all questions, confusions or concerns to our team directly at [email protected]. As you know there will be an influx of inquiries - and again, we ask for your patience and understanding.

Let the fun begin and hats off to y'all for your continued support!
Click the REGISTER NOW BUTTON (bottom of page) to get started.

Let's make 2023 the best event year yet!
If you haven't already, join us on the platforms below.

Steve Ticknor & Jim Russell​

Looks like Anderson, Shugrue's, and Kicker are the title sponsors.... Reading through the registration sites looks like a lot of changes..

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Didn’t you read the above? You’re supposed to ask that at “[email protected]”. Lol
I think Dave addressed that in another thread about involvement in things @RiverDave ?

I think there will likely be a concert at DS but as in previous years it will not be affiliated, but I don't think thats set in stone yet.

Tank

Reaction score
I’m cautiously optimistic of the new stewardship and wishing and hoping the best of luck. I’d like to see DS get back to what it once was - a first class, nationally respected and attended event that was FUN. key word, fun.

We took last year off but will be there this year for it. See how it goes.

Singleton

Reaction score
Hoping for the best. And want to see the event return to what is was, and see the FUN brought back for participants. Sitting this year on the sideline. Might attend the street party since I will be in town setting up my spot at the Islander. Planning on attending the event the week after

svlperry

Reaction score
I just volunteered again for it this year and how it goes

Joe mama

Reaction score
Why not much talk about DS this year? Is there another thread?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Why not much talk about DS this year? Is there another thread?

The new owners hadn't put out much on it until recently. They are just getting started promoting it now, which I think is great!

Because of the conflict of interest with SCFW :)

There is no conflict of interest. I'm a large sponsor of Desert Storm (like I have been for approaching a decade). I can't help what they put out or don't before the event.. They are now starting to put stuff out. I am responsible for promoting SCFW which is why I have been blasting it everywhere online and social media etc..

RD

Joe mama

Reaction score
The new owners hadn't put out much on it until recently. They are just getting started promoting it now, which I think is great!

There is no conflict of interest. I'm a large sponsor of Desert Storm (like I have been for approaching a decade). I can't help what they put out or don't before the event.. They are now starting to put stuff out. I am responsible for promoting SCFW which is why I have been blasting it everywhere online and social media etc..

RD
Are we going to have some new swag designs for the events?

Singleton

Reaction score

My post was 100% a joke.
Usually we have a thread who is attending with a list of members by now.

RDP has done a great job of highlighting sponsors and some participants for SCFW.

DS was behind due to the sale and IMO is still behind. Last I looked less than 100 registered.

• Sad
Reactions: DWC

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
A number of years ago I was at Terrible’s on 95 & Acoma pumping gas into our Burb. The guy next to me asked me what I thought about the weather. I said it looks kind of iffy, hope it doesn’t mess up Desert Storm. He replied, you got the right, I own DS. I replied, what? With that he shook my hand and introduced himself, I’m Jim Nichols. Not at all in a pretentious way. He struck me as a straight shooter kind of guy. DS was nearing its pinnacle in many ways. The Poker Run was at its best, and the Street Party was outstanding and growing. Hopefully, we can return to at least a part of those days. The Poker Run will never again be the balls to the wall event it once was. I’m just glad I was there to see it. Watching Predator I and those chasing him was an amazing, unforgettable sight.