WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Desert Storm Pool build

Boat 405

Reaction score
Signed up with Brian at Desert Storm back in middle of May. Had a start date of July.

9027DAC1-77CB-4B43-BBBD-CAF19C1FA47A.jpeg
806A1F4A-1277-4B94-A5D9-F2BC82DEE4A0.png
334EC5E2-28CB-4103-9CE4-7091AA84AB94.png

Last edited:

Boat 405

Reaction score
Unfortunately I had to work a lot harder to get the retaining wall built and after 3 different masonry guys, empty promises and 4 months I decided to go at the easements myself with unisource and the other utility companies. Finally got in touch with Steve Haynes with unisource and got an approval to get a retaining wall built. Got a referral for Arron with Copper Canyon Masonry and got on schedule to get it built.
F826BCC5-0FCA-4DC8-8C19-3DC8D8ECA589.jpeg
48616D89-5A38-4FAC-A346-C8CDB3CEA73A.jpeg

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I find it cool how different people build pools. Digging without any forms is interesting but nothing wrong with that. pool looks great.

HocusPocus

Stihl Outdoor Power Equip
Reaction score
Looks like you will be enjoying your pool in no time, congrats.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Great looking pool and backyard. Any chance of updated drone pics with the retaining walls and gates? I‘d like to see how you handled the poles and wires. I have a similar condition and not sure how I want to handle. Thanks!!!

grumpy88

Reaction score
It looks really nice . Im not going to lie . It really makes me jealous hearing how fast your pools are being built .

EarpRider

Reaction score
Max depth is 5 1/2 feet. Can't wait to use it soon. Probably run the heater a few days in the beginning just because I want to swim. Gonna be a good time.
Good luck with that, nights are so cold right now your heat pump will have a really hard time getting/keeping it warm.

Boat 405

Reaction score
Great looking pool and backyard. Any chance of updated drone pics with the retaining walls and gates? I‘d like to see how you handled the poles and wires. I have a similar condition and not sure how I want to handle. Thanks!!!

Yes I’m going to do more drone shots this weekend. Hopefully most of the decking will be in.

Boat 405

Reaction score
Good luck with that, nights are so cold right now your heat pump will have a really hard time getting/keeping it warm.
Yeah I was afraid of that. I think they need 50 and higher or something like that. Quick read is they can do about 30 degrees higher than ambient average daily temp. So I should be able to do it. We are gonna find out.

Last edited:

EarpRider

Reaction score
Yeah I was afraid of that. I think they need 50 and higher or something like that. Quick read is they can do about 30 degrees higher than ambient average daily temp. So I should be able to do it. We are gonna find out.
I'd love to hear how that works out, we tried it in early November , didn't seem like the heat pump was really getting anywhere.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Max depth is 5 1/2 feet. Can't wait to use it soon. Probably run the heater a few days in the beginning just because I want to swim. Gonna be a good time.
Being in the mid 40's at night, like right now, your just pissing money away using the heat pump and I and the wife know all too well about wanting to jump in. Ours was ready at the end of Nov. and we were able to use it awhile but then it got to cold and couldn't keep up. I even put in a larger than needed heat pump. I hope you got the one that cools also, now that is a game changer on our shallow pools in Havasu. Ours 86 in July, neighbor's 97!!! 😁

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
Being in the mid 40's at night, like right now, your just pissing money away using the heat pump and I and the wife know all too well about wanting to jump in. Ours was ready at the end of Nov. and we were able to use it awhile but then it got to cold and couldn't keep up. I even put in a larger than needed heat pump. I hope you got the one that cools also, now that is a game changer on our shallow pools in Havasu. Ours 86 in July, neighbor's 97!!! 😁
You guys are just not dressing properly for winter pool use. Brian completed ours in 30 days last October. Here is my wife on New Year’s Day 2020
98250DD7-B2AA-4F92-B168-318E8B9E6F53.jpeg

Boat 405

Reaction score
I'm jumping in regardless of temp. Don't give a fuck, been waiting since May 15th for a pool. Now that the retaining wall got done, it's full steam ahead until completion next week.

Just in case someone jumps in mid thread, Brian was not the hold up, he was actually ahead of schedule. The block wall guys got me for about 4 months of delay before I dropped the hammer on them and got it handled myself with the easements.

Arron who I hired back in October had about 6 week wait time until he could start and he started on time and got finished on time. He and Brian have been 100% on time with their stuff. It was 3 previous block wall contractors that dropped the ball. I'll leave out names because it's small town, but if you guys need block wall work Arron from Copper Canyon Masonry is your guy.

Boat 405

Reaction score

Yes, I did get the Heater/Chiller heat pump, it just wasn't worth not getting the option.

Boat 405

Reaction score
Curious. Do you have to install perimeter child safety fencing? Not sure what the regulations are in Havasu?
I'm doing whatever is code in Lake Havasu, so far i've been told you need a 5' fence or wall around the entire pool area. That's what I'm going with unless told otherwise.

boatdoc55

Reaction score
I'm doing whatever is code in Lake Havasu, so far i've been told you need a 5' fence or wall around the entire pool area. That's what I'm going with unless told otherwise.
Our backyard is 5' fenced all around with gates that swing OUT and self closing. When ours was put in we had to have door alarms on EVERY door going to the back yard from the house. The inspector acually measured several places for the 5' and checked each door.

FishSniper

Reaction score
I'm jumping in regardless of temp. Don't give a fuck, been waiting since May 15th for a pool. Now that the retaining wall got done, it's full steam ahead until completion next week.

Just in case someone jumps in mid thread, Brian was not the hold up, he was actually ahead of schedule. The block wall guys got me for about 4 months of delay before I dropped the hammer on them and got it handled myself with the easements.

Arron who I hired back in October had about 6 week wait time until he could start and he started on time and got finished on time. He and Brian have been 100% on time with their stuff. It was 3 previous block wall contractors that dropped the ball. I'll leave out names because it's small town, but if you guys need block wall work Arron from Copper Canyon Masonry is your guy.
I’m doing the same once the pool is done regardless of the temp.

grumpy88

Reaction score
Me too but i will have a rope tied to me and paramedics standing by ! Lol

Boat 405

Reaction score
Our backyard is 5' fenced all around with gates that swing OUT and self closing. When ours was put in we had to have door alarms on EVERY door going to the back yard from the house. The inspector acually measured several places for the 5' and checked each door.
Is this in havasu? Yes the gates swing out and self closing. Who installed the slider alarms?

boatdoc55

Reaction score
Is this in havasu? Yes the gates swing out and self closing. Who installed the slider alarms?
Yes in Havasu and Sandcastle gave them to me. The just stick on. PITA but as soon as it's finaled they just fell off for some reason. ;) We don't have any little one's around ever so no reason to have those damn things.

Boat 405

Reaction score
Wow that was fast. What kind of prep goes under the stone?

From what I understand it’s basically like pavers. Compacted dirt and then sand compacted to lay the tile on nothing to crack since it has the ability to move with the ground below.

grumpy88

Reaction score
Looks amazing . I would of liked that kind of decking its beautiful .

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
I like the deck work. Nicely done.

Kinda curious, a small retaining wall was built and then the pool was done. Then it looks like a back wall was built, it appears to also be retaining and the smaller one got filled in and covered. Was that an original plan? Is there a reason to do two retaining walls?

Boat 405

Reaction score
The original retaining wall was a non permitted wall the builder did before I bought the house. Since it was non permitted I couldn’t add on to it to create the needed height for a pool requirement. It was either tear it out and build new or just get the easement encroachment to build new in front of it. Trust me it was a major hurdle to get it done. But I’m happy I went through the tough route to get all the approvals and permits.

MooreMoney

Reaction score
Demand is very high for block walls in havasu. Delayed our new home build 3 months waiting for the guy to show up. Everyday we were told he was showing up the following week.
I like how you just did it yourself. Wish I had the time to do the same.

Havasu Surfer

Reaction score
You are going to love the stone pavers in the summer. Most of the time they are cooler than pavement and give a look of elegance to the whole oasis. Well done and hope you can enjoy it soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Demand is very high for block walls in havasu. Delayed our new home build 3 months waiting for the guy to show up. Everyday we were told he was showing up the following week.
I like how you just did it yourself. Wish I had the time to do the same.

That's pretty fast in Havasu Time, lol.