WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Desert Storm Shootout “C’Mon Man”

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The shoot out is over and done with, but for some reason it feels like the election all over again..

We can all pick a side and we can riot and protests on the streets of Havasu.. Or perhaps we can be adults and add a little “reason” to the situation without being called insurrectionists..

Corey quite frankly your crown is being called into question here and we would like to give you the opportunity to clear up any confusion..

If your boat has a Simrad it will data record all of your runs that day. We’d like for you to put the recorded data that shows your 174 mph run on that day.

It is being claimed that the speed was recorded at 199 mph on a uncalibrated radar gun. @KAP was called at 126 mph when he radio’d in that their must be something wrong because that’s about 26 mph to fast. It is being claimed that the speed was “adjusted” which is how that 174 number was derived (which radar guns don’t work like that.. you can’t correct the speed linearly).
To put it plainly in full view of all the people that matter.. Nobody believes that boat ran the number, which also means nobody believes the win was legit.

You can put it all to bed by putting the data up, and shrugging off any rumors of mph being “adjusted.”

Now being that we are the hospitable types.. We’d like to give you the opportunity to “Prove” your the king...

Barring the breaking of a boat during the shoot out, we’d like to put up a 30,000.00 bet if you can beat the West Coast Drives Contingent at Texas Outlaw challenge!! Or any number over 10,000 you feel comfortable with. All ya gotta do is show up and beat Predator 1 / Predator 3 or Dial 911 YOU PICK!!

Sincerely your friends in Lake Havasu “The fastest lake in the country.”

RD

RandyH

Huge Member
Reaction score
ResizedP_5eb47d68-9e2a-49de-9b9d-b489284b5a3d_19175863087214.gif

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
LOL no way it was that fast in a 3/4 mile event

Well I find it a bit interesting that he ran 160 later which coincidentally is the same speed he ran at LOTO.. but somehow jumped 15 mph one time.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So what’s the backstory here?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We don’t believe the boat ran the number..

All the other runs that day were 160 which is the same as he ran in LOTO..

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
Well I find it a bit interesting that he ran 160 later which coincidentally is the same speed he ran at LOTO.. but somehow jumped 15 mph one time.

magic!!

There is a reason Kilo race record runs are an average back and forth to get the speed number to prevent this bs, but seriously did he bribe her to get that 175 mph number lol

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
The shoot out is absolutely a race

Then your timing gear needs to be in order on the day of said race.

They don't reverse a bad call on a play 4 days after the Super Bowl. No one took the the World Series title from the Astros after they cheated.

For better or worse the call made at the event that day is the call.

You should have to back up any number within a small % of the original run to make it count if this is a "race", which I still contend it is not.

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
magic!!

There is a reason Kilo race record runs are an average back and forth to get the speed number to prevent this bs, but seriously did he bribe her to get that 175 mph number lol

No bribes.. word on the street is more of a yelling situation. 👀

That said Corey can put up or shit up. NOBODY, and I mean NOBODY believes he won this thing...

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Then your timing gear needs to be in order on the day of said race.

They don't reverse a bad call on a play 4 days after the Super Bowl. No one took the the World Series title from the Astros after they cheated.

They should have..

Reality of it is the run that recorded 199 mph should have been DQ’d entirely as the guns weren’t calibrated in the first runs..

You can’t just go back and arbitrarily come up with a number and say you win because the guy is screaming at you..

Last edited:

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I see why 174 number is being questioned in this case.
But if it ran 190 in the mile back in the day wouldn’t 174 be within reason on 3/4?
I’m sure the motor setup is different between those runs I’m sure.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
The run doesnt count, you dont get to pick a speed from the false measurement, you throw the run out, plain and simple

If the timing equipment is off or goes down for a top fuel run at NHRA they dont pick a time from the bs error.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I see why 174 number is being questioned in this case.
But if it ran 190 in the mile back in the day wouldn’t 174 be within reason on 3/4?
I’m sure the motor setup is different between those runs I’m sure.

1 mile course vs 3/4 mile.. different motors, etc.. that boat didn’t run 174.. same as it didn’t run in LOTO

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The run doesnt count, you dont get to pick a speed from the false measurement, you throw the run out, plain and simple

If the timing equipment is off or goes down for a top fuel run at NHRA they dont pick a time from the bs error.

100%.. which is why he has been given the opportunity to come back and prove it, post the data and prove it, or meet at TX and try try again..

An error was made and we’d like to rectify that and have offered a 30K bonus if he’s feeling like he can back it up. Which I don’t think he can and neither does anyone else that runs at that caliber.

Either way if he wants to be the king he can pick any of the three boats that were offered..

copterzach

Reaction score
What boat is the boat in question? Pictures?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sintax

Reaction score
Isn't the Salton Sea the fastest lake in the country?

if your timing is right, it should be based on elevation and temps.

i'm curious how the setup of a boat would differ though. I know when my cousin used to drag race at bayfair in SD, he'd have to run a VERY different setup on his TAH boat.

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
What is the prize money for winning the shootout?

Reactions: t&y

Groper

Reaction score
🤔 with all the confusion, mishap or whatever you want to call it, you can call it a Banana Cream Pie in your face (pun) for all I care regarding the Radar Guns calibration issue(s) with that said why weren't the Boats speeds data logging checked immediately after their runs to back up the Radars speed posted to double check, check and re-check check check ?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
🤔 with all the confusion, mishap or whatever you want to call it, you can call it a Banana Cream Pie in your face (pun) for all I care regarding the Radar Guns calibration issue(s) with that said why weren't the Boats speeds data logging checked immediately after their runs to back up the Radars speed posted to double check, check and re-check check check ?

Because that would make too much sense

Singleton

Reaction score
I read an article he stated he ran 178 on GPS (yet, no evidence has been posted) and they agreed 174.6 would be the number. That initial run should of been DQ’d. The other 2 that ran had no issues not using those runs and reran and got new numbers

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Lots of mention of the 174 being "given" at the DS shoot out. And lots of mention of it being accepted. But, what about the shoot out management who offered it? Majority of the blame goes to them.

Well sometimes when you are a girl and some dude is screaming at you, you make concessions.

That’s all aside from the point.. there’s 30k for him to come back or meet up at Outlaw..

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
They should have..

Reality of it is the run that recorded 199 mph should have been DQ’d entirely as the guns weren’t calibrated in the first runs..

You can’t just go back and arbitrarily come up with a number and say you win because the guy is screaming at you..

Fuck that.. COREY C’MON BACK! Put up or shut up!
Would it to be too far fetched to maybe have two radar guns? Or why cant they just install a timing system like we used when I was racing boats. Its a transponder in each boat and timing buoys with anchors, Ross and his crews would set them up at every event, not all that complicated. They have that at LOTO along with radar gun(s), so you have a system of checks and balances. It just seems like the shootout is losing popularity from drivers, less and less each year seem to run it, the disorganization compared to the investments made by the participants in their programs seems a bit out of whack.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Would it to be too far fetched to maybe have two radar guns? Or why cant they just install a timing system like we used when I was racing boats. Its a transponder in each boat and timing buoys with anchors, Ross and his crews would set them up at every event, not all that complicated. They have that at LOTO along with radar gun(s), so you have a system of checks and balances. It just seems like the shootout is losing popularity from drivers, less and less each year seem to run it, the disorganization compared to the investments made by the participants in their programs seems a bit out of whack.

I honestly think they should sub the shoot out to a third party.. there is so much going on all week it’s hard to give it the focus and attention it deserves when you are burnt from all the other activities.

Honestly with all the bs that surrounds it every year I would sub it and say “talk to them”. Lol. That’s their call though and I think they enjoy doing it... even after the problems

C08H18

Reaction score
this thread got my attention! How is the shootout setup? Based on the 'calibration' comments, is the radar gun sitting off to one side of the course and subject to changes in position?

Singleton

Reaction score
I honestly think they should sub the shoot out to a third party.. there is so much going on all week it’s hard to give it the focus and attention it deserves when you are burnt from all the other activities.

Honestly with all the bs that surrounds it every year I would sub it and say “talk to them”. Lol. That’s their call though and I think they enjoy doing it... even after the problems

they had someone helping with it. Todd was the one setting up the course, etc. Storm wanted 100% control and stopped using Todd. 100% agree, let someone run, beginning to end that can focus 100% of their time on the event and not get stretched too thin.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
No bribes.. word on the street is more of a yelling situation. 👀

That said Corey can put up or shit up. NOBODY, and I mean NOBODY believes he won this thing...

Did he "BRAG" about King Shit or Something?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Didn't this same exact Eliminator run in the high 170's at the shootout in 2009? Why is it so far fetched that it did it again?

Still probably the baddest boating video ever made!

1 mile vs 3/4 mile.. different motors etc

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
I'm assuming the $30K is being backed by parties other than (and maybe including) RD