WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Desert Storm Shootout “C’Mon Man”

rush1

Reaction score
I’ve known Gary, Vern & the rest of the WCD boys for a long time. Granted I don’t hang out down at WCD as much as I did when I was younger, but what happened wasn’t right.. There’s somethings I’m not gonna put online, but someone needed to say something on behalf of Gary.
Dave,I know for a fact that all of the WCD guys appreciate what you've done.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
If the owner of the eliminator wants to claim a bogus number, let him do it. Those of us who follow boat racing knows what realistic numbers are. If he finds a naive buyer at a higher price, good for him. One thing I’ve noticed, is with the internet age and dissemination of information, those in the know understand what is bogus and what is not. Doesn’t matter if we’re talking boats or RC cars. You’re not going to pull the wool over peoples eyes. If dude wants to claim a hero run with no evidence to back it up who gives a Shit. Only makes him look bad.

hallett21

Reaction score
Those of you who run in the 160+ circle, it’s probably a very small circle.

Pretty sure you can figure out who can really throw down the big number [emoji6].

While I understand wanting the credit, you can use this format, IG, FB, YT and embarrass anyone you want to.

Frankly maybe that’s what it takes to make sure the “DS powers at be” pay attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hallett21

Reaction score
@RiverDave

I’m sure this would piss off the Powers to be.

However that hasn’t stopped you before LOL. Would it be possible for you to put GPS trackers in these boats? And then we could have an RDP reference. Or even better an RDP legitimate speed run?

I apologize for some reason my phones acting up I’m I’m having to use voice text.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Well, that’s what ‘King of the Desert’ was, during the early 2005-2012 era & then in 2013 a silver M35 barrel-rolled around pilot rock & that was the end of that.... What sucks about that day is that the field was stacked. You had Gary’s P2 40ss, JT driving Roth’s 388, Tony in the 1350s M41 & a few others. That was going to be an epic run to the springs, but we will never know now.....

We have all seen the on-board videos of Predator one & the F34, then Predator 2 & Chip Romers 388, CRC & Bobbit’s Risky Business 40, then Predator 2 & Tony in the 1350s green M31.

With regards to this years shootout, it’s my understanding that it’s no longer a 1-mile course & has been shortened to a 3/4 course for safety? Well then, of course a 33ft boat with huge power is going to have an advantage over a 388 boat with less or equal power. I’m not sure if you’ve seen a Skater 388 parked next to a 33 Daytona, but the Skater is massive in comparison....

Anyways, I hope all is well GRADS & have a nice weekend!

Dude!!!

Welcome back!!!

👍👍

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
@RiverDave

I’m sure this would piss off the Powers to be.

However that hasn’t stopped you before LOL. Would it be possible for you to put GPS trackers in these boats? And then we could have an RDP reference. Or even better an RDP legitimate speed run?

I apologize for some reason my phones acting up I’m I’m having to use voice text.

That could be as simple as go pros on the dash.. not sure how fast they record gps numbers though. I will look into it.

Universal Elements

Reaction score
I drive a Ford Focus, have a blue collar job & am not very good looking....

That should answer your question, sir. My life is what it is.... I’ll die alone & I’m fine with it. No OC girl is going to look twice in my direction. I stopped trying in 2008.

You need to go and hang out in Texas. The women are gorgeous and are down to earth. Unlike the OC premadonas, they’ll get their hands dirty and help their man out. Look outside OC, expand your horizons.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score

No BS needed...

Not that difficult people...

Next thread...

Shit, one of these companies would probably actually sponsor the event, for some good advertising...

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
D64A36E4-5AC4-4F23-BFA2-C5C280B61772.jpeg

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
It would be fun to take that center pod boat in the ocean and see how lake boats actually perform when it matters lol
And here i thought was “where it mattered” would be the boats home lake! And i do believe a few of those like 2/4 maybe 3/4 are home lake Lake Havasu. It’s also a shootout on Lake Havasu so seems your ocean comment well...... doesn’t fit the narrative.

And frankly i don’t care who got the plaque, and hope regardless they all come back with a bigger fury and more speed next year, the meme was funny when i saw it and is funny still now when i look at it.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
And here i thought was “where it mattered” would be the boats home lake! And i do believe a few of those like 2/4 maybe 3/4 are home lake Lake Havasu. It’s also a shootout on Lake Havasu so seems your ocean comment well...... doesn’t fit the narrative.

And frankly i don’t care who got the plaque, and hope regardless they all come back with a bigger fury and more speed next year, the meme was funny when i saw it and is funny still now when i look at it.

Are we still under the impression the center pod boat won fair and square?

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
difference is you still had to hit the ball even tho you knew what was coming.....this is straight up nah i ran 174 without seeing the replay

It doesn’t matter.. the organizers made the call, not the participants. He probably showed them that GPS recall :)

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
It doesn’t matter.. the organizers made the call, not the participants. He probably showed them that GPS recall :)
He did, they mentioned it in the live. Personally I don’t care either way. My boat was in the garage and I don’t know either guy.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
He did, they mentioned it in the live. Personally I don’t care either way. My boat was in the garage and I don’t know either guy.

We can go over that again if ya like..

Singleton

Reaction score
How is this thread still on page 1.
Eliminator ran a number (what that real number is, no one really knows). Everyone that knows Havasu boating, knows one of the Skaters but up the faster number.
Organizers made a decision, last week they made that public knowledge and explained the why and how behind the decision. They also owned the decision and said anyone who wants to make the event better in future years to avoid the same issue to reach out to them.

time to move on, it’s summer and time to go boating

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
We can go over that again if ya like..
I’m not saying whether or not the picture is legit. I’m just saying what the guy said. I don’t even know his name. The husband. He didn’t say too much, but he did say that. He also said the boat look extremely fast and was running super flat. I didn’t see any of the runs. I had to work 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: DWC

Singleton

Reaction score
I’m not saying whether or not the picture is legit. I’m just saying what the guy said. I don’t even know his name. The husband. He didn’t say too much, but he did say that. He also said the boat look extremely fast and was running super flat. I didn’t see any of the runs. I had to work 🤷‍♂️

I was right past the finish line, that pass looked fast, but without a true accurate reading, no one knows how fast it was. It looked faster then the remaining passes he ran, but no one knows how much. The first three runs were communicated to be all DQ’d via radio and would have to be rerun. Then things changed. In the end a call was made and no matter what they did someone was going to be pissed.

DWC

Reaction score
I was right past the finish line, that pass looked fast, but without a true accurate reading, no one knows how fast it was. It looked faster then the remaining passes he ran, but no one knows how much. The first three runs were communicated to be all DQ’d via radio and would have to be rerun. Then things changed. In the end a call was made and no matter what they did someone was going to be pissed.
Same here, just past the finish. Not sure if it was because it was early or not but sounded and looked fast as hell. I was just happy they ran. Didn’t think there was a chance in the hell. Bummer they cancelled last time and got killed. Full revolt and attempted coup. This time they ran but without triple checks and fail safes and almost end up with the same result. Planning to attend Monster Storm beginning of October. Looking forward to the biggest/best event ever.

B8272E0E-75AE-46D8-B447-6FFA375BFFA1.jpeg

River Runnin

Reaction score
“C’Mon Man”
If you ain't gonna post that spin! .... Send me a private copy! 😕 🙂

Duramax

Reaction score
@skater40 Anymore details on P3? Love that boat... is it a 40 like P1/P2?
P1 was a race boat that was converted many, many years ago. Old style deck with a lot of extra bracing, lightweight, with the smaller tunnel 59" . Fun fact about P1 was the guy who wired it was color blind, so every wire was black. =) I love the Kevlar dash from P1, as I have never seen another like it.
P2 was also a 40, but a flat deck. 66" tunnel. It is a big boy.
P3 is a special built 388, also the big tunnel, with huge Brummett turbo motors along with Vern's (West Coast Drives) built 6's.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
How is this thread still on page 1.
Eliminator ran a number (what that real number is, no one really knows). Everyone that knows Havasu boating, knows one of the Skaters but up the faster number.
Organizers made a decision, last week they made that public knowledge and explained the why and how behind the decision. They also owned the decision and said anyone who wants to make the event better in future years to avoid the same issue to reach out to them.

time to move on, it’s summer and time to go boating

agreed