WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Desert Storm Shootout

Dirtbag

Reaction score
When is Desert Storm gonna start televising this or at least give the masses the radio info so we can listen along? They do such a poor job promoting this event imo.

(yes im pissed sitting at home no boat no ds for me)

riverroyal

Reaction score
They cant televise it. Wayyyyyyy toooo slow of a event.
This is not loto.

precisiondetails

Reaction score
Did anyone see the white 52 MTI ever run? I never did. Just read on SOTW that it went 160...

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
170+ mph is impressive until you consider Greg Olson drove his 33 Elimiinator Daytona at LOTO in 2012 at 192 mph to win Top Gun honors with a couple of GT Performance engines. I believe Greg backed up that performance with a 188 mph run at a Desert Storm Shoot-Out.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
170+ mph is impressive until you consider Greg Olson drove his 33 Elimiinator Daytona at LOTO in 2012 at 192 mph to win Top Gun honors with a couple of GT Performance engines. I believe Greg backed up that performance with a 188 mph run at a Desert Storm Shoot-Out.
He did but on the long course. Still very impressive in a 33.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Not to mention all the boats went north instead of to card stop 1. The only thing that is organized from a spectator point of view is the street fair. Rest of it is a shit show.

WildWilly

Reaction score
king was the 174 and it was in the 33 daytona driven by the new ownert. Quenn was Randy's Daughter in the 52 MTI at I think 160 something

Singleton

Reaction score
Not to mention all the boats went north instead of to card stop 1. The only thing that is organized from a spectator point of view is the street fair. Rest of it is a shit show.

that group had a lengthy discussion with Christina since the permit does not include the river and participants were told to remove stickers if going north before 2pm (close of card stops). Also card stop 1 has changed. With speed limits based on number of folks in boat, no one goes balls out anymore, since they usually all have groups of folks onboard, not just 2 (over 150 and only 2 folks onboard).

FreeBird236

Reaction score
He did but on the long course. Still very impressive in a 33.
king was the 174 and it was in the 33 daytona driven by the new ownert. Quenn was Randy's Daughter in the 52 MTI at I think 160 something
Cory Schmitz from South Dakota @ 174.6 according to Speed Boat, not sure if it's still Fatal Attraction. Congrats.👍

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
174 in the old fatal attraction boat
90934179-615C-4FB2-A40C-0F54EAED9CD3.jpeg

Duramax

Reaction score
It sounds like the shootout at DS is always somewhat if a shit show. At the same time, the real attraction at DS is the street fair, parties, and poker run. For example, the Lake of the Ozarks shootout is built as a shootout first, then everything is second and third. I'm sure it takes an army to put this event on, it would just be nice to have a little more coordinated shootout with info on speeds, boats, and the owner/driver of these boats. That is all, bash if you like. =)

Groper

Reaction score
It sounds like the shootout at DS is always somewhat if a shit show. At the same time, the real attraction at DS is the street fair, parties, and poker run. For example, the Lake of the Ozarks shootout is built as a shootout first, then everything is second and third. I'm sure it takes an army to put this event on, it would just be nice to have a little more coordinated shootout with info on speeds, boats, and the owner/driver of these boats. That is all, bash if you like. =)
I'll have to agree, instead we passed on the Shootout and spent the day in Parker then back to Havasu and stopped by the after party for a Beer (thanks Dave) then home to give my Liver a rest 😬 before a Beer festival next weekend ;)

satellitemike

Reaction score
I'll have to agree, instead we passed on the Shootout and spent the day in Parker then back to Havasu and stopped by the after party for a Beer (thanks Dave) then home to give my Liver a rest 😬 before a Beer festival next weekend ;)
Whats this beer festival you speak of?

• Haha
Reactions: DWC

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

To me the heart of desert Storm is the street fair, followed up by the poker run and the after party. One of these days I’d really like to attend DS as a normal participant / spectator and just show up. Lol.

Next year I might just do that. 🤪

wallnutz

Reaction score
To me the heart of desert Storm is the street fair, followed up by the poker run and the after party. One of these days I’d really like to attend DS as a normal participant / spectator and just show up. Lol.

Next year I might just do that. 🤪
Look at you, you got jokes.🤣🤣

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Both the King & Queen of the desert ran 174 and change (different boats) as announced at the Desert Storm banquet.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Maybe it would be cool if they could do what the drag boats do and have a timing system with a large sign at the top end that at least says speed and time over distance?

ie, get up to speed, cross the first timing line, the clock starts, get to the end, the timing system stops and computes the time and speed?

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
I've attended one Shootout over the years of attending the Poker Runs as a spectator. Never really been my thing to watch speed runs, when you can watch the poker run and get almost the same experience as they go by. I couldn't tell hard cruising from top speed in most cases anyway.

@River Dave, if you want something fun to do, be a card stop. We did it one year and it was great. Want to get up close and personal with the boats and the participants? They come right to you, sometimes in large groups. Pretty unnerving sometimes to see some of the big cats all heading right for you with rooster tails up until they slow down near you.

The only drawbacks are you have to be there for pretty much the whole time (ie 11am to 3pm so bring lots of beer) in case people show up in any order they please, and handing out the cards can be a workout using the pole to reach the participants. You could put some banners on that Toon of yours to make it stand out as a good way to advertise.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
I've attended one Shootout over the years of attending the Poker Runs as a spectator. Never really been my thing to watch speed runs, when you can watch the poker run and get almost the same experience as they go by. I couldn't tell hard cruising from top speed in most cases anyway.

@River Dave, if you want something fun to do, be a card stop. We did it one year and it was great. Want to get up close and personal with the boats and the participants? They come right to you, sometimes in large groups. Pretty unnerving sometimes to see some of the big cats all heading right for you with rooster tails up until they slow down near you.

The only drawbacks are you have to be there for pretty much the whole time (ie 11am to 3pm so bring lots of beer) in case people show up in any order they please, and handing out the cards can be a workout using the pole to reach the participants. You could put some banners on that Toon of yours to make it stand out as a good way to advertise.

Great idea! Surprised @RiverDave hasn't already done it

boatpi

Reaction score
RD, if I am available next year, I can park the 225 MPH Lambo along side the DS 2021 winner at the street fair.

Sherpa

Reaction score
I saw that purple/yellow/orange-red eliminator on the 40 westbound mid week last week in Texas.

Sherpa

NoOtherWay

Reaction score
The owner of the 33 Eliminator ( not sure if it’s still called “ Fatal Attraction”) was staying three doors down from me at the Nautical. Saw him emptying out the boat the morning of the shootout in the cove, even removed the rear bench seat.

Thing sounded mean!!