WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Desert Storm Shootout

skater40

Reaction score
I was up at 4am volunteering with many Other volunteers /sacrificing our time, our boats and our sanity so Everyone can have an enjoyable time on the lake watching the 2021 shootout. I draw the line and have zero tolerance of intentional disrespect by certain individuals, because their fragile precious egos are hurt.
You are not paying attention.This isn’t a EGO thing.Right is right and wrong is wrong.Wake up.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Why is this a huge issue? Did anyone running the shootout lose millions of dollars as a result? I see it as a bunch of whiny cry babies getting pissed about spending 100$ to run their boat on a "controlled" course. As long as everyone left the course safe and able to boat another day, there's absolutely ZERO acceptable reasons to disrespect Jimmy and Christina they way Vern and Gary have. How would gary and vern feel if i called their wives every vulger name i could think of.... This is complete bullshit.. get the Fu&* over yourselves, grow up and move the F*&k on....
PS. Vern feel free to call me, you have my phone number.... I'll wait....

Well that’s a pretty narrow view of it.. but then again you aren’t spending the 100+ grand it takes to get there or the million plus it takes to build them..

I haven’t heard of Vern and Gary calling Christina expletives..

burtdahurt

Reaction score
Well that’s a pretty narrow view of it.. but then again you aren’t spending the 100+ grand it takes to get there or the million plus it takes to build them..

I'm

I want to make sure I'm getting this correct... These guys build and maintain multi million dollar pleasure boats with only one intention, to run an unsanctioned event for 100$ add on ? So that gives them them the right to be disrespectful and inappropriate to the event organizers?

-R-

burtdahurt

Reaction score
You are not paying attention.This isn’t a EGO thing.Right is right and wrong is wrong.Wake up.
I agree with you gary smith right is right and wrong is wrong. Christina and Jimmy have told you and vern multiple times that it's nothing personal or malicious, and yet you two continued to attack their character. It sounds like there's no changing your mind. I hope your convo went well with them today and we in fact see you for 2022!
Have a great day.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I'm

I want to make sure I'm getting this correct... These guys build and maintain multi million dollar pleasure boats with only one intention, to run an unsanctioned event for 100$ add on ? So that gives them them the right to be disrespectful and inappropriate to the event organizers?

-R-

I personally haven’t witnessed that.. I’m not saying it didn’t happen, I’m saying I haven’t seen it.

I’m not gonna delve into peoples personal lives but if emotions were high there’s other factors at work there as well to be considered.

burtdahurt

Reaction score
I personally haven’t witnessed that.. I’m not saying it didn’t happen, I’m saying I haven’t seen it.

I’m not gonna delve into peoples personal lives but if emotions were high there’s other factors at work there as well to be considered.
I sent you a fb message with a screenshot. I don't think here is the time or place for that. I just won't stand by and watch the woe is me card being played as people are being blatantly disrespectful.
Have a great day Dave ;-)

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
No need for drama. Some early runs were shot with a radar gun that was NOT properly calibrated. Those runs and their associated errant speeds shouldn’t count. Period.

I do not personally know any of the participants. I’ve enjoyed watching Gary Smith’s Predators for many years, beginning with Predator I at Powell around 2000. He has never seemed like the kind of guy to respond in the way some of these prior posts imply.

Some seemed to have stated it was most fortunate that this Shoot Out was conducted without accident/personal injury. I believe that’s been the case with every prior DS Shoot Out.

Last edited:

Lord M((Squared))

Reaction score
pleasure meeting you at the Saturday dinner. it was way too loud to hold any conversations and my little one was worn out so we left before all the shootout awards were given out.
It was great to meet you and the family also. LoL I was telling my wife sunday I felt bad for nodding off at the table because I was so exhausted. We hopefully can catch up another time and I promise I'll be more coherent and awake!

Lord M((Squared))

Reaction score
In life your judged by a jury of your peers.....this should have been decided in a closed meeting after the event with event organizers and the participant drivers end of story. None of this would have ever happened and whatever decision made like it or not would have been made by those with skin in the actual game. Am I the only one who is thinking how fucking sad it is that instead of the big shootout news being the incredible numbers put up by all participants in conditions every other event would have canceled in a heartbeat, that instead it's all about this BS. ?? Just had to ask. FYI Numbers most would have trouble matching in perfect conditions and it wasn't just a few of the boats......the whole dam group was fast. Sad!