WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Desert Storm Sold

Warlock1

Reaction score
Exactly! I launched next to a guy with a badass F32 at the Marina. He had bought it within the last year. Nice guy, seemed to fit the DCB owner criteria.. Flat bill, tatted up. I asked him how it was to be “in the club”. He laughed and went on for a little while about how they were pretty much assholes to him. Even when you’re in the clique you’re not. 😁
This is fact. We participated in an event with our F26 (can't remember which one) but as we sat at a table with our friends a lady sat down and said something to the effect of " This table is for DCB owners". Right about then I decided that the trailer park side of me needed to come out. We all had a hoot of a time and the lady and her "posse" quickly came to realize that we were too fun for them and departed. lol

DWC

Reaction score
This is fact. We participated in an event with our F26 (can't remember which one) but as we sat at a table with our friends a lady sat down and said something to the effect of " This table is for DCB owners". Right about then I decided that the trailer park side of me needed to come out. We all had a hoot of a time and the lady and her "posse" quickly came to realize that we were too fun for them and departed. lol
You must not have been wearing the obligatory matching poker run jerseys. 😬.

Last edited:

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
I haven’t been to DS but one thing is clear from this thread: the amplified music is a real issue that no one here seems to yet address

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
What happens when Supercat Fest West and Desert Storm fall on the same dates next year?

HgH Vltg

Reaction score
What happens when Supercat Fest West and Desert Storm fall on the same dates next year?
156d37e5-40e1-46c2-aa0f-2edd3b6bdc1a_text.gif

MooreMoney

Reaction score
I am surprised with how many people say they don't like desert storm. Kinda odd to think since this is a boating website. You get to see nice hardware and boats all over town from all over the country. If you dont like a busy weekend then stay away but to me its fun to see the town come alive for a weekend every year.

I think this goes back to @RiverDave post awhile back. People need to think a little more positive and hell life might be a little better for everyone. Seems like everyone says how bad things are instead of seeing the positives in life.

mbrown2

Reaction score
I like Desert Storm as an observer...I go to the street fair, see some friends...once every couple of years I will launch in the lake to see the run to the first card stop... I am not a vendor or a participant so I don't get to the see that side of it....but from my side it seems like a really good event for the town and west coast boating in general.

Singleton

Reaction score
I am surprised with how many people say they don't like desert storm. Kinda odd to think since this is a boating website. You get to see nice hardware and boats all over town from all over the country. If you dont like a busy weekend then stay away but to me its fun to see the town come alive for a weekend every year.

I think this goes back to @RiverDave post awhile back. People need to think a little more positive and hell life might be a little better for everyone. Seems like everyone says how bad things are instead of seeing the positives in life.
I enjoyed DS as a participant before Jim Sr retired. I took delivery of my Ultra DS 2007 and spent the weekend with the West’s as they used my boat for demo rides. Great experience. I was a participant 2008 through 2021 only missing 4 years. Hell my daughter at 4 months participated in DS :). Loved watching the event grow over the years.

When Jimmy and Christina took over it became a who kisses our ass more type of feeling. DS2021 was our last event, wife said no more. It feels like if you are not a baller, spend $$$$$ you are an after thought. Then when I witnessed what they did to @Skinny Tire AH, I had enough.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

The dates for supercat haven’t been announced yet.

That said if they fall on different dates I will have a small exhibit at DS. Nothing like before.

If they fall on the same date rdp will be with Supercat Fest West.

We will see what happens in the next couple weeks. :)

Right now it’s really interesting watching things from the cheap seats.. lol

Mike K

Reaction score
Been watching and enjoying DS seems like forever.
I‘d like to see more boaters join in.
Many of my friends say it’s only for $300K + boats only … so they just go to the Street Party.
Dont get me wrong … DS wouldn’t be here without the big boys generosity of their time and money.
Nothing cooler than to hear about a boat going 184 and seeing all the bad ass boats going under the bridge.
I think many are intimidated by the big dollar boats and think that their boat wont be accepted.
Maybe the big boys don’t want 70 mph boats in their category?
Yeah I know … anything can enter … I’m just saying … how can we get more regular guys to join in?
Like a previous poster said … “ it should be fun and the best part of the event”.
So how would you grow this event?
I think it might be cool to have a “ First Timers “ poker run … right after the main poker run.
My guess would be there would be more boats in the “ First Timers” run than the regular one.
I’m thinking there would be so many new DS boaters through the years if they had a “ First Timer’s” Poker Run to try out first.
You know kinda get a taste of how everything works , kinda learn the ropes without feeling like your up against the $500K cool factor.
Just my 2 cents.

hallett21

Reaction score

Tank

Reaction score
It’s Jim Russell, not Jim Nichols
I don’t know why I thought they were bringing Jim Nichols back to help out. 🤦‍♂️ my bad.

But it does look like they’re jumping in to improve the event and hopefully address attendees, sponsors and vendors complaints. Seems like there was a few issues many agreed needed to be fixed.