WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Desert Storm

Devious_Chris

I wear sunglasses, lake Havasu city az.
Reaction score
For those who go to Desert Storm how many of you are participating????? I have not been and am wondering whether to participate or hangout and watch the action.

BasilHayden

Reaction score
Its a lot of fun, will probably do it again. No longer in a 22 but in the Bullet :thumbsup

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
I've participated with McRib and Hammer ... first to the card stop [emoji41] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji482]

I'd do it again in a heartbeat ... it was a fun time.

saucedaddy

Reaction score
Better to be on the sidelines. We've participated a couple times and it makes for a busy schedule to follow. Unless your rolling a 140 mph DCB, you have no chance at the Five Ace poker hand.:hmm

Singleton

Reaction score
Ran my Ultra 26 deck in the last 5 runs. Makes for a fun weekend. Thinking about doing it again, but my oldest graduates college Friday after DS and not sure I can be out of the office for that long to pull both events off

DWC

Reaction score
I'm sure the number of boats over 35+ is MUCH larger in Desert Storm vs Moster Bash. What are the other big differences and need to knows?

sirbob

Reaction score
If we go - we run it.

We don't usually hit the card stops but sign up so we can stay at the Nautical and just be part of the event.

Reactions: DWC

seanroberts

Reaction score
Trying to set the schedule to go. I don't think I'm doing the poker run but I'll put the Lavey in the water. The jet boat is way to small! But as long as your there have fun!

WildWilly

Reaction score
We are going for the first time. Still not sure of what we'll do other than Thursday night and float on Saturday to watch. We are actually staying at the Nautical thinking that would make it easier. If I had a big boy boat I'd prob hit the poker run but I think we'll sit that out, I only have a Lavey 24 NuEra with a 496HO.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
There is no wrong way to do Desert Storm. Pick your level of crazy.

Try to beat my tow record for a new boat... I was a safety boat one year and towed Gibson to Springs from the first card stop. And then towed Predator from the first card stop back to the nautical. Don't be scared, it was a good way to stack some hours on the meter.

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
I've been a couple times (sideline), rumor has it I'll get to experience the pokerrun this year BB'ing for the Hills new whip! :):skull:thumbsup

WAAZ

Reaction score
Make sure to bring a proper radio (VHF???) so you can hear them call the action - who's making a pass, top speed etc.

She's Mine

Reaction score
I'll be out there this year. Always been on the sidelines enjoying the action. People I'm going with this year want to do the PR so I might sign up. Only time will tell...

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
We are planning on running DS this year. It is a lot of fun. Personally - I like MB and the DCB regatta runs because the water conditions are better. Way more boats cutting and churning the water and the wind. Hopefully the two week delay will bring better conditions.

For those not in the PR I highly recommend the RDP raft up. I really am torn on which I would rather be at. Any RDP members thinking about running and on the fence - do it. We skip half of the random events. We can run in a group or congregate at the PR parties. :drink

WildWilly

Reaction score
We are planning on running DS this year. It is a lot of fun. Personally - I like MB and the DCB regatta runs because the water conditions are better. Way more boats cutting and churning the water and the wind. Hopefully the two week delay will bring better conditions.

For those not in the PR I highly recommend the RDP raft up. I really am torn on which I would rather be at. Any RDP members thinking about running and on the fence - do it. We skip half of the random events. We can run in a group or congregate at the PR parties. :drink

I must have missed something about an RDP raft up?

beerrun

Reaction score
Does anyone know if we can walk down the street at the street fair on Thursday night with a beer?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Better to be on the sidelines. We've participated a couple times and it makes for a busy schedule to follow. Unless your rolling a 140 mph DCB, you have no chance at the Five Ace poker hand.:hmm

Pretty serious accusation there saucedaddy..

I'm sure the number of boats over 35+ is MUCH larger in Desert Storm vs Moster Bash. What are the other big differences and need to knows?

Monster bash is a little more laid back then DS.. But in a nutshell they are both basically poker runs, so you just go to the stops get the cards, and make it to card turn in by a certain time.

I must have missed something about an RDP raft up?

I haven't seen a thread about it yet. But it happens every year.

We do one every year. When it gets a little closer we will start a thread. :)

Does anyone know if we can walk down the street at the street fair on Thursday night with a beer?

[video=youtube_https;BKZqGJONH68]https://youtu.be/BKZqGJONH68[/video]

sirbob

Reaction score

For what is worth I run my 26 deck boat and have won $5000.

The year I won that, I had kings over queens in a full house and never stopped at a single card stop. I drew my cards at the turn in station, then I drove home.

The next day when they called the numbers, RD had to call me from the stage to ask where I was!

milkmoney

Reaction score
For what is worth I run my 26 deck boat and have won $5000.

The year I won that, I had kings over queens in a full house and never stopped at a single card stop. I drew my cards at the turn in station, then I drove home.

The next day when they called the numbers, RD had to call me from the stage to ask where I was!

Bnag. How do u like me now sauce daddy. Lol. [emoji12][emoji106][emoji202]