WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Detailing tight spaces

blowncommission

Reaction score
How does everyone get the tight spaces buffed/waxed around the gauges and on the dash area that a polisher wont get to?

Will using a compound by hand and then polish/wax by hand work?
2599F109-642E-4E9D-9345-8B833B9E55CE.jpeg

Kaotic

Reaction score
Look for 02HoWard26 recent posts, he just cleaned up his gauges, polish / wax and other work, turned out great

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Pull the gauges every few years so you can buff out the dash really good, two nuts on the back of each one will allow you to pull them forward a little bit

YZFRider

Reaction score
I use mini foam disk on a 3 inch backing plate. Apply a little one step compound, and polish between gauges. Put the buffer at an angle to get int he tight spaces. Then use a new foam pad and apply wax.
www.attention2detaillhc.com

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Yea i did mine while replacing the gauges so it’s a little different but i did take my time to do the best job a dummy can. Color sanded with 2000g soap and water then heavy cut fine cut then mirror glaze. Looks good just wish i wasn’t so time sensitive all the time and would have waited to find someone to really really make its shine. But depending on your gauges if they have the duetch plugs it’s not but a little time to pop them all out and do, if they are all separate wired id just leave them as they are, maybe use a mini power ball

blowncommission

Reaction score
Yea i did mine while replacing the gauges so it’s a little different but i did take my time to do the best job a dummy can. Color sanded with 2000g soap and water then heavy cut fine cut then mirror glaze. Looks good just wish i wasn’t so time sensitive all the time and would have waited to find someone to really really make its shine. But depending on your gauges if they have the duetch plugs it’s not but a little time to pop them all out and do, if they are all separate wired id just leave them as they are, maybe use a mini power ball
Yeah lucky me they are all wired separately. Problem is that every time I’m in Havasu I would rather be doing something else then cleaning or yanking off parts haha

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Yeah lucky me they are all wired separately. Problem is that every time I’m in Havasu I would rather be doing something else then cleaning or yanking off parts haha
;) I always enjoy making spare gas money.... :rolleyes: