WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Devastating news

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
It can be said "It's in God's hands" or in the surgeons' hands. Whatever one chooses, it sounds like he is in good hands.

I'm not a man of science, or education in general. I have an odd system of beliefs, but they have helped me through life these past years. Hope for the best for yourself, and pray for the benefit of others.

He's out of surgery. That's the first step. There will be more...but one step at a time.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Tough to wait for updates....

It sounds like he is getting very good care which will put him in the best possible position to recover.

Hoping to hear tonight all went well

rrrr

Reaction score
Liam is being moved to a bed in the ICU. As I feared, the location of the tumor around his brain stem prevented the surgeons from a clean removal, and parts of it remain in his body.

I'm feeling completely helpless, and without words to comfort my brother and sister-in-law. She slept a few hours this afternoon, the first she has had in three days. This is horrible.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
This is a tough read for me. God bless him to be strong through this.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Liam is being moved to a bed in the ICU. As I feared, the location of the tumor around his brain stem prevented the surgeons from a clean removal, and parts of it remain in his body.

I'm feeling completely helpless, and without words to comfort my brother and sister-in-law. She slept a few hours this afternoon, the first she has had in three days. This is horrible.

Obvious your brother communicating with you and depends on you. He knows you will answer.Well Done rrrr.

v6toy4x

Reaction score
I have never wanted to tell people things like, "if there is anything I can do just ask" since there isn't really anything I can do for a complete stranger except to say, hope never ceases, every day something happens that most say could never happen. It is your job to try and support your nephew and your brother. It is mine and my families job to pray for Liam. We will do our part.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
I have never wanted to tell people things like, "if there is anything I can do just ask" since there isn't really anything I can do for a complete stranger except to say, hope never ceases, every day something happens that most say could never happen. It is your job to try and support your nephew and your brother. It is mine and my families job to pray for Liam. We will do our part.

I struggle with this all the time some of the things I see on here just make me want to drop everything and help.

Stay strong rrr

Sherpa

Reaction score
praying for a full recovery for Liam.......... The power of prayer is amazing.....

--Sherpa

hallett3

Reaction score
Prayers to your family. I’m sure they will have more options on removing what they couldn’t get out. Surgeons and technology are so advanced in today’s world. Plus kids are tough as nails .

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
Absolutely prayers for the family heading your way

DB / HAV

Reaction score
We have been praying all day and we will continue to pray. I can’t imagine how hard this is for you and your family. It is really heart warming to see how many people are praying and pulling for Liam. God bless you all

rrrr

Reaction score
It's late, I can't sleep, but the words and thoughts of all of you are comforting. Thank you so much.

His mom just texted me and said he is awake, wiggling his toes, and asking questions. A great load has been lifted from me.

Last edited:

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
It's late, I can't sleep, but the words and thoughts of all of you are comforting. Thank you so much.

His mom just texted me and said he is awake, wiggling his toes, and asking questions. A great load has been lifted from me.

Great to hear

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score

I am so happy to wake up to this. Great news.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score

My wife had the same issue. They couldn’t pull out every thing. Hopefully they can now biopsy it and that will help with the treatment. Hopefully it is not cancerous. That was the case with my wife. It issue is that the DNA make up of her tumor could turn into cancer and possibility that it might have to go back in to remove later. They ended up being proactive, calling it cancer so health care would cover treatments. Be sure to have the parents record EVERY conversations with the doctors. This will be very helpful. Also is needed have a three party person join in meetings to help focus if it is hard for the parents. To this day we also have my mother in all meetings. The recordings and mother allow me to focus on my wife if needed.

Keep your head up and look for the best facilities and treatments.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So glad to hear he is alert. The next important news will be the tissue biopsy and the waiting sucks. Still praying!

nowski

Reaction score

First off continued thoughts and prayers to Liam, Family and Friends.

My wife's nephew had a brain tumor removed in his late teen years some twenty years ago. The results of his surgery sounds very similar to Liam's situation. The kid went on to lead a normal productive life and is still with us today. Continue to pray for Liam as we did and you'll see a miracle performed before your very eyes...

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
My wife had the same issue. They couldn’t pull out every thing. Hopefully they can now biopsy it and that will help with the treatment. Hopefully it is not cancerous. That was the case with my wife. It issue is that the DNA make up of her tumor could turn into cancer and possibility that it might have to go back in to remove later. They ended up being proactive, calling it cancer so health care would cover treatments. Be sure to have the parents record EVERY conversations with the doctors. This will be very helpful. Also is needed have a three party person join in meetings to help focus if it is hard for the parents. To this day we also have my mother in all meetings. The recordings and mother allow me to focus on my wife if needed.

Keep your head up and look for the best facilities and treatments.

This is very good advice.
This is the doctors jobs, but as family and patients it’s all a shock and rush of info that we can’t process. Especially in cases like Liams where it’s a bombshell.
It’s crucial to record these conversations or have a more “detached” person sit in and take notes.
As you well know, it’s all a blur right now.

Continuing the vigil and prayers today.

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
I don't have a lot to add, just know I'm sending lots of positivity for Liam and your family rrrr 💙

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
First off continued thoughts and prayers to Liam, Family and Friends.

My wife's nephew had a brain tumor removed in his late teen years some twenty years ago. The results of his surgery sounds very similar to Liam's situation. The kid went on to lead a normal productive life and is still with us today. Continue to pray for Liam as we did and you'll see a miracle performed before your very eyes...

This is awesome news.

v6toy4x

Reaction score
Today Liam is following commands to move his tongue and fingers. He has been extubated, and can speak softly. I haven't heard anything about the pathologist's report yet.
Each time I come back to this thread I scan for your avatar in hopes of good news, this is good news!!

rrrr

Reaction score
My brother called me. Liam took a couple of steps this afternoon, and seems to be progressing. His balance and speech are pretty good. I'm thrilled by this.

The pathologist's report won't come out until Friday or Monday. We danced around that a bit, I haven't asked anything about the prognosis, and my brother knows there may still be bad news ahead. I told him I'm supporting him and my sister-in-law, that's my concern now. Those answers will come, and they can't dwell on the outcome.

This is all very hard.

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
I am confident that he will heal up fast. He will be on some good meds and they will help out a lot but make him groggy. Just watch him because he will be feeling confident and want to walk. They will also what him up walking the next day. The steroids will go for a couple of weeks And they will give him energy. Wouldn‘t be surprised that he is out of the hospital by the end of the week and doing normal things within a week.

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
Been thinkin about your nephew/family a lot the last couple days. Hoping for the best for you guys. :)

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Awesome news!!!! Just wait a couple of weeks and off the steroids. It will almost be like it never happened. Any word on the type of tumor and treatment coming up?

rrrr

Reaction score
The most incredible news...the tumor is a rare type that is benign and grows very slowly. Almost all it it was removed during surgery. The neurologist says no further treatment is indicated right now.

I have to say that this news was very emotional for me. I can't imagine the range of emotions my brother and sister-in-law have gone through in the last week.

I cannot tell you all how much your support has helped me get through this. I was terrified the outcome would not be good, and it was comforting to know the community was rallyed behind us. Thank you so much.

buck35

Reaction score
The most incredible news...the tumor is a rare type that is benign and grows very slowly. Almost all it it was removed during surgery. The neurologist says no further treatment is indicated right now.

I have to say that this news was very emotional for me. I can't imagine the range of emotions my brother and sister-in-law have gone through in the last week.

I cannot tell you all how much your support has helped me get through this. I was terrified the outcome would not be good, and it was comforting to know the community was rallyed behind us. Thank you so much.
The power of the people! Thoughts and prayers rrrr.

4Waters

Reaction score

Hot damn that great news, been watching/waiting for this post.👍👍🥳👍👍

EmpirE231

Reaction score

great news!!

v6toy4x

Reaction score
Good things happen to good people. Liam appears to be a GREAT Kid, we wish him a speedy recovery!

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

Prayers work bud. Best news I’ve heard all week long. Awesome way to begin the weekend.

HBCraig

Reaction score
@rrrr
Good news

200-2.gif