WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Dick Move Or Not

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
There’s a taco place in the shopping center that we shop at in LaVerne, since this stupid coronavirus thing has been going on they have had you wear a mask to order and pick up food. Now they are you allowing to eat food there on the premises so I didn’t wear a mask yesterday when I went to pick up my food that I had ordered. When my turn in line came up the kid at the counter told me I had to wear a mask. I told him that they have dining inside the restaurant, how do you eat with a mask on? Oh, that’s different. No it’s not and I’m not putting on a mask. You have to sir. I’m not and you can keep the food I ordered too and walked out.

My wife says what’s the big deal, put a mask on. I told her this whole coronavirus deal is all bullshit and I refuse to wear a mask. Let’s call Domino’s.

She said what I did was a dick move. I don’t think so. I know the kid was following his boss’ orders, but it’s still wrong in my eyes.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Dick move...for the restaurant.

It’s like the post office near my house.
Employees wearing masks as chin-straps telling people they can’t enter without wearing a mask.

Other than signaling virtue, showing “COVID solidarity” with the rest of the sheep, there’s nothing that mask will do to prevent anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Your ad here

Reaction score
Not a dick move but you pissed off your wife and that's why she said that. Putting a mask on isn't a big deal to keep the wife happy, especially when it comes to food. I would be on edge as you made her wait even longer for a meal and substituted a chintzy pizza. If she used words like fine, whatever, it's okay, or loud sigh you're screwed.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
should have gone full Kyle and asked to see a manager.

Dick...

:D

I don't get to eat Mexican food very often, so I would have put a mask on, while complaining.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Well, the poor kid who probably hates the job in the first place and does NOT agree with the rules is just doing IT. When looking back, maybe did embarrass your wife and maybe drew attention to you when in reality = It Is what It Is. Deal with it OR life is going to be very difficult for you AND your Family. I avoid STRESS, as there is plenty to go around these days.

OR

Eat at home.

River Runnin

Reaction score
Put your mask on, Drop your shorts and give her a little Dick Move! Easy Peesy lemon squeezy! 😆

4Waters

Reaction score
Oh you might be a dick🤣 but not in this instance. I'm with you.

Socalx09

Reaction score
There are counties with specific health orders that allowed them to reopen. One of them is the mask rule. Ate at northwoods the other day, we had to check in, put our number down, and wear a mask until our drinks came because that was the LA health order and an inspector could fine or shut them down if they didn’t follow it. Did it make much sense to wear a mask until our drinks came, not really, but we followed it. The waitress said its silly, but it allowed their doors to open. So it may not be the restaurant rules, but they may have to follow the county’s rules to stay open.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
LaVern falls under what county? LA still needing masks. Need a mask to walk in and once seating you take it off.

Now living in the IE masks are left out in the car. Had dinner at Fleming’s last night and it was great and packet.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Fuck that, fuck them, fuck the Rona......... I have not put a mask on yet through all of this, nor will I! The entire thing is bullshit! I’m not scared of it anymore than I’m scared of the rest of the diseases running around this planet! I needed trash bags and a few other thiyfrom Costco the other day. Go blazing in the door like normal, and some twink little faggot chases me down telling me I had to wear a mask..... un fucking real! I left, went to Walmart....... guess what...... no mask needed!

redone76

Reaction score
Had the same happen to me at Teriyaki Madness in San Fernando. I just pulled my shirt up over my face and showed off my belly button. That seemed to work as they let me pay and walk out with my food

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
Well the rule is walk in with a mask sit down you can take it off . Got up to use a restroom in the restaurant with out a mask waiter tells me I need a mask . My comment to the waiter is your chef is not wearing a mask when he puts one I will . Wife tells me i always have to make problems fuck the restaurant

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
I look forward to some moron pulling my mask below my chin.Wtf business is it of anyone whether a mask worn.

84miller

Reaction score
I tend to act the same way...even before corona19. When I feel I am treated badly as a customer, I will let the business know and I do not go back. I think looking back I would have told the kid, my table is over there, bring it before it gets cold. I hear your frustration. I still have a huge issue with the last mechanic who worked on my boat, big time, lawsuit worthy. But I can't say anything to anyone because I would be banned.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
CP I do the same as you...
and my Honey of 45 years agrees with your Honey...LOL

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Meanwhile in Havasu.

E0AF7905-DCC9-4327-BDB9-0CE9403A4EBF.jpeg

Turtle bar has been standing room only all week.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
There’s a taco place in the shopping center that we shop at in LaVerne, since this stupid coronavirus thing has been going on they have had you wear a mask to order and pick up food. Now they are you allowing to eat food there on the premises so I didn’t wear a mask yesterday when I went to pick up my food that I had ordered. When my turn in line came up the kid at the counter told me I had to wear a mask. I told him that they have dining inside the restaurant, how do you eat with a mask on? Oh, that’s different. No it’s not and I’m not putting on a mask. You have to sir. I’m not and you can keep the food I ordered too and walked out.

My wife says what’s the big deal, put a mask on. I told her this whole coronavirus deal is all bullshit and I refuse to wear a mask. Let’s call Domino’s.

She said what I did was a dick move. I don’t think so. I know the kid was following his boss’ orders, but it’s still wrong in my eyes.
Nope fuck m

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
I’d wear a gas mask to pick up really good tabos lol

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Just tell them you have a medical condition that doesn't allow the use of a mask.
Dick move. Wear the mask. It’s the right think to do.
Ots not the "right thing to do" its what the brain dead policy makers have decided is right based on........ no studies what-so-ever

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

teded

Reaction score
Been easier just to put the mask on.
Tacos or Dominos ?
Tacos every time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tank

Reaction score

Not a dick move at all. Actually ADA and hippa act make it illegal for anyone to make you wear a mask and they can’t ask why.

it’s the double standard bullshit that pisses me off. Ok to riot but not to have a block party? Ok to sit inside with no mask but you have to to pick up Togo orders. To paraphrase the great Doc Holiday in Tombstone - Today’s hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Andy B.

Reaction score

Absolutely right fuck the mask not effective anyways such bullshit I won't patronize establishments like that! That's why I shop at Sam's and not Costco fuck them all!!!

SkyDirtWaterguy

Reaction score

If people are allowed to protest, riot, loot and chant “Fuck the Police”, I can say “Fuck the Mask!” Good for you...

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
i've done this dick move several times and at different types of businesses. fuck them. you need to follow up with emails to regional managers and directors and shit to let them now not everyone is into the bullshit....'n' shit.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Some businesses have no choice, as fucking ridiculous as it may be.
Hair salons for instance. They HAVE to regulate distance and masks to open their doors because of State oversite.
I had to give my phone number (I refused my address, guy was cool and just made up a random address), take temperature, and wear a makeshift mask that they had just to get my hair cut. I shit you not the mast was a paper towel and 2 rubber bands stapled on.
Absolutely asinine...BUT the store had no choice.

530RL

Reaction score
I’m not a big fan of spit, Ex-Lax or other contaminents in my food the next time I drop by for my pick up.

So if I don’t like the rules that a business owner chooses to implement in his business, I either follow the rules or take my business elsewhere. But I am not going to take it out on the line workers.

RodnJen

Reaction score
Funny thing is its not their rules its the fucktard governor rules!!

Actually it’s by county. They have relaxed the rules in Orange County recently so it’s now up to the business to decide.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I'm thinking fuck the mask...
Unless your wife wanted that restaurant.
If she wanted that, and you came home with In-N-out...

Fire in the hole! Pick your battles. I'd rather fight city hall than an angry wife.

84miller

Reaction score
Some businesses have no choice, as fucking ridiculous as it may be.
Hair salons for instance. They HAVE to regulate distance and masks to open their doors because of State oversite.
I had to give my phone number (I refused my address, guy was cool and just made up a random address), take temperature, and wear a makeshift mask that they had just to get my hair cut. I shit you not the mast was a paper towel and 2 rubber bands stapled on.
Absolutely asinine...BUT the store had no choice.

As dumb as this sounds, I started to read and saw hair salons....first thing that entered my mind was "Edward Scissor Hands" as being the solution to distancing....

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I don't like wearing a mask either but it's there business. Everyone talks about rights yet here we are saying a business owner does not have the same rights. Just go to the places that do not require them.

I’d never argue that.
They have the right to request anything they want.
And I have the right to go elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro