WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Did china unleash the corona virus in responce to tariffs?

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Dumbest thing I’ve heard in quite a while.

the word is it got out of China’s bio weapons lab in Wuhan - that’s something that makes sense

4Waters

Reaction score
Im not gonna lie i dont know what im talking about but...
Wasnt this thing man made?
Didnt it accidentally go 'public'

Is this chinas attempt at crushing our economy.

Conspiracy i tell ya
Not gonna lie, that crossed my mind as well.

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
Well as Rush explained, the leader of China could careless about anyone but himself. Has no accountability at all. Doing something like this to say FU to President Trump would not be a big deal to him

who knows

PlanB

Reaction score
I told my wife earlier today that I had this thought. Crazy? Maybe, but the Chinese don't give a shit about their people. Getting Trump out of office would be a huge plus for their regime. I do know that the Dems and the MSM are talking this up to try and hurt our economy, and in turn hurt Trump. Scumbags...

4Waters

Reaction score
By the way i watch the news once week. I dont check the news sites.
All my info is from here, conan, and david spade lights out.
Im not super informed. That lowers the stress level
I'm not really stressing over this, I've prepared myself for this, bought some N95 masks, bought extra food that will get eaten anyways (bought the latest expiration we could find) and it is what it is.

MSum661

Reaction score
By the way i watch the news once week. I dont check the news sites.
All my info is from here, conan, and david spade lights out.
Im not super informed. That lowers the stress level

That's Beautiful Brother!

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
I told my wife earlier today that I had this thought. Crazy? Maybe, but the Chinese don't give a shit about their people. Getting Trump out of office would be a huge plus for their regime. I do know that the Dems and the MSM are talking this up to try and hurt our economy, and in turn hurt Trump. Scumbags...
Sums it up imo.
👍

nowski

Reaction score
Looks like the flu is the one we should be concerned with based on these facts. At least 14,000 people have died and 250,000 have already been hospitalized during the 2019-2020 flu season, according to estimates from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. More than 26 million Americans have fallen ill with flu-like symptoms.

Fact or Fiction: San Francisco Mayor London Breed declared a state of emergency for the city on Tuesday amid concerns over the international corona virus outbreak. To Date: There hasn't been a single corona virus case that has been confirmed in San Francisco and there in a state of panic.

Fact: Attendance to all sporting events here in the U.S. hasn't seen any drop-off since news of the corona virus first broke.

Personally I think every virus should be taken seriously but don't overplay the facts...

Spectra18

Reaction score
Im not gonna lie i dont know what im talking about but...
Wasnt this thing man made?
Didnt it accidentally go 'public'

Is this chinas attempt at crushing our economy.

Conspiracy i tell ya

I was thinking the two are linked. 2 years waiting for tariffs to clear up, then once it does , this shit pops outta no wear.

rcmike

Reaction score
Not sure if you noticed, but a couple months ago, there were these protests?

Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 11.58.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 11.59.34 PM.png

And now nothing.

I wonder if a Chinese communist leader would kill a couple million people to get rid of the opposition..

j21black

Reaction score

the word is it got out of China’s bio weapons lab in Wuhan - that’s something that makes sense

Pretty shitty bio weapon given the flu this year alone has killed 1000x more people.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Didnt have to be a designed bio weapon. They could have been working on strains of the virus combining it with other viruses etc.... The death rate on mers is much higher but this spreads faster, combine the two...

14 of the original cases had no contact with the original reported food market source. They all had a connection to the lab. The chinese arent letting the who or the cdc in so we may never know th e truth.

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not worried about this Corona business... yet....

If you're in instagram, request to follow corona_leaks

Some creepy stuff in there...

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

RodnJen

Reaction score
Looks like the flu is the one we should be concerned with based on these facts. At least 14,000 people have died and 250,000 have already been hospitalized during the 2019-2020 flu season, according to estimates from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. More than 26 million Americans have fallen ill with flu-like symptoms.

Fact or Fiction: San Francisco Mayor London Breed declared a state of emergency for the city on Tuesday amid concerns over the international corona virus outbreak. To Date: There hasn't been a single corona virus case that has been confirmed in San Francisco and there in a state of panic.

Fact: Attendance to all sporting events here in the U.S. hasn't seen any drop-off since news of the corona virus first broke.

Personally I think every virus should be taken seriously but don't overplay the facts...

So did the Orange County board of supervisors.

PlanB

Reaction score
Stock market down again today, and Goldman Sachs stated this morning this could put us into a recession if it continues. I am more worried about the economy and election than the actual virus.

MSum661

Reaction score
Stock market down again today, and Goldman Sachs stated this morning this could put us into a recession if it continues. I am more worried about the economy and election than the actual virus.

Markets now pricing in a 75% chance for a .25 percent rate cut in March.
This after pricing more cuts in May and again in June.

They can't mitigate fast enough. JMO.

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
Glad to see members here saying they are not gonna lie to us (this time)!

j21black

Reaction score
Didnt have to be a designed bio weapon. They could have been working on strains of the virus combining it with other viruses etc.... The death rate on mers is much higher but this spreads faster, combine the two...

14 of the original cases had no contact with the original reported food market source. They all had a connection to the lab. The chinese arent letting the who or the cdc in so we may never know th e truth.

Well, the only thing I will say, is we haven't heard much about the Hong Kong protests lately. I think if intentional, that was the likely target.

riverroyal

Reaction score
social media and internet driven recession. Computers/web is the best and worst invention possibly ever. 25 years ago I used pay phone in Chicago to call my fiance'. Think about how far we have come in that short time.
Today, a virus surfaces and the world goes insane. Viruses have popped up for 100s of years.

nameisbond

Reaction score
My SIL is Chinese, born and raised in China. She has been here 13 years. Said it wouldn't be surprising if the Chinese government released the virus for population control and stop the Hong Kong protests.

I'm surprised we don't have more cases here. Vancouver has a large Chinese population, neighboring Richmond is mostly Chinese by population. 62% Asian by population, 52% are from mainland China. We only have seven cases here.

nameisbond

Reaction score
Some Chinese restaurants here are reporting 70% to 80% declines in business. Chinese are a highly visible minority, even in my town here. I see tons wearing masks and surgical gloves lately. I've noticed a decline in business at regular restaurants I frequent.

DaveH

Reaction score
i just hope this outbreak teaches American companies to start bringing their manufacturing back here.

while i agree its plausible this virus could ave been designed to hurt our economy and Trump's chances, but he other side to that is crashing our economy also hurts China's economy.

D19

Reaction score

View attachment 848768

View attachment 848769

And now nothing.

I wonder if a Chinese communist leader would kill a couple million people to get rid of the opposition..

Why not? This has been going on for thousands of years throughout history. Just wait... They'll do the same here. It's all one government in reality. Our tax dollars go to support the following organizations that strive for global chaos who subscribe the Pseudoscience Religion of Darwinism and Eugenics.

Counsel on Foreign Relations
United Nations
Bilderberg Group
Trilateral Commission
CIA

BTW- Does anyone know anyone personally or know of anyone who has actually caught the coronavirus?

84miller

Reaction score
The topic is out there that it was a planned release. China has a lot to loose $$$, but would not put them past it. My opinion, which means little, USA needs to put a end to doing business with China. All these major USA corporations using China manufacturing needs to move back to the USA or at least Canada and Mexico. The corporate taxes in the USA are at it' best rate for the move back. USA should not be supporting China's economy as China should not be involved in the USA economy. I thought about this when the MBA sold out it's freedom this year with China, the MBA should have told China to get lost, but bowed down to money.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Not sure if you saw this but there's a case in NoCal that's a bit worrisome as to source...

Health officials have confirmed that a new coronavirus case of unknown origin has been diagnosed in Solano County. An official with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention confirmed the diagnosis late Wednesday afternoon. The patient is receiving medical care at UC Davis Medical Center in Sacramento, UC Davis officials said Wednesday night. The California Department of Public Health then confirmed the individual is a resident of Solano County.

sintax

Reaction score

Thats my personal feeling, some people have even mentioned they've actually thought the China govt released it to quash the Hong Kong protests. You dont hear a peep about that now.

mbrown2

Reaction score

I agree people should not panic but for people to compare it to basic influenza is not looking at the full picture. Yeah...14M have died from flu but annually since 2010 about 45M get infected with flu ...in 2018 61K died bringing the mortality rate to less than .01 %. The corona virus like the spanish flu has a current mortality rate of 2% from the world health organization. That is significantly more people who would die if they got it. With Spanish flue 1/3 of the world got it (including our president Woodrow Wilson by working on the treaty of Versailles in France)......there was a war going on, travel was likely not as much, and precaution and detection were ages behind what we have now. But travel is ages beyond what we had then. Someone can cover many continents in a 10-12 hr flight and come in contact with 100's. Still not sure if it is so easily transmittable ...sneezing, saliva, sharing food...we will see. Still also look at demo of people that have died...its interesting:

80+ years old
14.8%
70-79 years old
8.0%
60-69 years old
3.6%
50-59 years old
1.3%
40-49 years old
0.4%
30-39 years old
0.2%
20-29 years old
0.2%
10-19 years old
0.2%
0-9 years old
no fatalities

YumaRivernaut

How Far Off Was I?
Reaction score
this ^^^^

View attachment 848768

View attachment 848769

And now nothing.

And this ^^^^

nowski

Reaction score
I agree people should not panic but for people to compare it to basic influenza is not looking at the full picture. Yeah...14M have died from flu but annually since 2010 about 45M get infected with flu ...in 2018 61K died bringing the mortality rate to less than .01 %. The corona virus like the spanish flu has a current mortality rate of 2% from the world health organization. That is significantly more people who would die if they got it. With Spanish flue 1/3 of the world got it (including our president Woodrow Wilson by working on the treaty of Versailles in France)......there was a war going on, travel was likely not as much, and precaution and detection were ages behind what we have now. But travel is ages beyond what we had then. Someone can cover many continents in a 10-12 hr flight and come in contact with 100's. Still not sure if it is so easily transmittable ...sneezing, saliva, sharing food...we will see. Still also look at demo of people that have died...its interesting:

80+ years old
14.8%
70-79 years old
8.0%
60-69 years old
3.6%
50-59 years old
1.3%
40-49 years old
0.4%
30-39 years old
0.2%
20-29 years old
0.2%
10-19 years old
0.2%
0-9 years old
no fatalities

My grandfather died of the Spanish Flu Pandemic back in 1918 and just a few days later my mom was born. She spent the first 5 years of her life in an orphanage. My grandmother made a promise that one day she would pick her up. My grandmother remarried and made good on that promise. The time my mom spent in that orphanage is what inspired her to become a nurse. When my mom told me this story it inspired me, that no matter the situation you may find yourself in There is Always Hope...

4Waters

Reaction score
My grandfather died of the Spanish Flu Pandemic back in 1918 and just a few days later my mom was born. She spent the first 5 years of her life in an orphanage. My grandmother made a promise that one day she would pick her up. My grandmother remarried and made good on that promise. The time my mom spent in that orphanage is what inspired her to become a nurse. When my mom told me this story it inspired me, that no matter the situation you may find yourself in There is Always Hope...
That was the H1N1 (Swine flu) BTW. I had heard about the Spanish Flu but decided to look it up this time.

mbrown2

Reaction score
That was the H1N1 (Swine flu) BTW. I had heard about the Spanish Flu but decided to look it up this time.

The H1N1 in 1918 was called Spanish flu (interesting story behind why it is called that) and the H1N1 in 2009 was called Swine flu...

rcmike

Reaction score
I was just expressing my opinion on this to my wife last night. People get sick, afraid, and BOOM! Uprising against the Government is over. Be interesting to see how people there react if they find out the government was responsible.
All they need to know is the next virus will not be so easy to treat..