WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Did Ross’ Mr TPC truck get lemoned or?

Sherpa

Reaction score
I cannot imagine being as patient as TPC was during the horror of what should have been a
True fun experience turns into truck from hell.

so Ross how did it play out? I hope good!

Sherpa

Reactions: TPC

DLC

Reaction score
I’m glad you posted! I’ve been wondering also.

talk about a total huge let down, not to mention the cost of the new trucks.....

buck35

Reaction score
I believe he posted in a thread somewhere that the process was ongoing.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
No, still in litigation. Still throwing codes.
Yesterday Indicated I had 935 miles of def in the tank as a text rang in from ONSTAR the tank was empty.

No longer the smell burning def, no longer burning through a gallon of def per 100 miles yet still the crazy codes.

Occasionally with a full tank of def it’ll code its empty and default to limp mode.
One limp mode is just reduced power another limp mode limited to 25 mph on the fwy towing the TH.

It’s in the lawyers hands now. Gunna take a spell.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
If anyone experiences this save the ONSTAR text and snap a pic of the code on the screen.
Dealer plugs into the truck and no record of any of this pops up.

When it runs right its fantastic.

Joker

Reaction score
If anyone experiences this save the ONSTAR text and snap a pic of the code on the screen.

I just sold my 20 because of these issues and took a 8k hit on it. Ive lost faith in the new Diesel engines. My 15 Ram lost a turbo and a trans before it hit 100k.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
@BHC Vic looks like you could pick up this truck for cheap 😁
Against everything I was raised to believe but I did it 😂😂😂
53B514AE-D564-4CA4-A6DF-B93DFE706A98.jpeg

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Sitting last night at the joint with my friend Dante’ and he has more 6.0 - 6.4 diesel horror stories than all us put together.

Friends at the GM proving grounds say the electrics will have the range and power that trumps all these mulligans.

But until truck stop size charging facilities happen nationwide it won’t work.
13144DDA-1F45-453D-8FE6-9E6ACE15B96F.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: DWC

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
Sitting last night at the joint with my friend Dante’ and he has more 6.0 - 6.4 diesel horror stories than all us put together.

Friends at the GM proving grounds say the electrics will have the range and power that trumps all these mulligans.

View attachment 974954

Until GMs electrical reliability catches up with what Toyota had 20 years ago, it won’t work either.

4Waters

Reaction score
I had to. It will help me save money faster and now I can start making my truck right while still getting to work. Come on the volt isn’t as gay as a Prius 😂
That's for sure, the Volt actually has some style to it.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Until GMs electrical reliability catches up with what Toyota had 20 years ago, it won’t work either.
And that won’t happen in our lifetimes.
But their will be more offerings in trucks.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
View attachment 974954

So basically GM hasn’t learned a thing from Ford and their mid 2000 models?

Our organization made a deal with GM two years ago to integrate into all GM’s beyond our semi fleet (Kenworth).

It’s been an absolute disaster. My 2019 is on its 5th trip to the dealer and it’s third transmission. All under 30k miles. I have no idea what is going on with GM but our experience is not unique from what I’m learning. The dealerships are booked full with catastrophic failures.

Cobalt232

Reaction score

View attachment 974954
Maybe we got a good one, but we just turned 115k in my wife's 2009 6.4 F-250. Oil every 5k, totally stock. Outside of trips, it does a 1-mile commute every day. I do believe that since about 50k it has a hole in the DPF as the tailpipes are black and it has visible smoke with hard acceleration so maybe that has helped.

Once my wife gets her new Bronco she wants, we will just leave the 6.4 in Havasu.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
My dad has a 2012 that had had to mean law it. Went back and forth from the dealer over CEL and limp mode issues. Usually only when the trailer was hooked up. I was driving it once without the trailer and went through a small drainage wash without much of any issue and not overly fast or rough and it went off. The dealer even gave my dad a recording thing that he was supposed to hit the button whenever the CEL came on the instantly record the engine data. The dealership couldn't figure it out. They kept changing this model or that. Finally my dad convinced the service writer to allow my dad to take one of the mechanics for a ride with the trailer and he would replicate it. Took the head mechanic for the ride, got it to do it and the mechanic told my dad "Yup, this confirmed what I've been telling them. It needs a new turbo. They refuse to let me change the turbo."

Well they lemon lawed it and my dad bought a '13 of the same. It was damn near flawless. Sounded like the majority of my dad's issues were with Sierra Chevy service writter.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

bocco

Reaction score
Against everything I was raised to believe but I did it 😂😂😂 View attachment 974934
These are actually great commute vehicles. Especially if the commute is within the range of the batteries or you have access to charging while at work. I could go months on battery alone as my commute was about 27 miles and I could charge at work. Plus it's fun to pass Priuses on a hill.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
These are actually great commute vehicles. Especially if the commute is within the range of the batteries or you have access to charging while at work. I could go months on battery alone as my commute was about 27 miles and I could charge at work. Plus it's fun to pass Priuses on a hill.
I’m 28 miles. I have a 220 outlet in my welding shop at work I just need to figure out a program.

Reactions: DWC

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
So basically GM hasn’t learned a thing from Ford and their mid 2000 models?

Our organization made a deal with GM two years ago to integrate into all GM’s beyond our semi fleet (Kenworth).

It’s been an absolute disaster. My 2019 is on its 5th trip to the dealer and it’s third transmission. All under 30k miles. I have no idea what is going on with GM but our experience is not unique from what I’m learning. The dealerships are booked full with catastrophic failures.
In Sedona I took it to the dealer and they were slammed with the grenadied fuel pump Dmaxs. $19k repairs each I kid you not.

Joe mama

Reaction score
So the question is what brand is the go to for a new truck?

rrrr

Reaction score

I bought an F250 King Ranch with the 6.4 in 2008. I traded in my 2004 6.0 Excursion with 40,000 miles on it. It was a stupid decision.

I sold the truck eight months later for a $8K loss. I didn't care. It got 11 MPG, compared to 15 MPG in the Ex. The regen cycles occurred two or three times a day. It was a pig.

River Dirt 2

Brummett 21
Reaction score
I’m 28 miles. I have a 220 outlet in my welding shop at work I just need to figure out a program.

we have a Volt for my wife’s commuter car, before the Rona..
really a great car, we have over 30K miles on it, tires look like new, its just easy on everything. never been to the shop except for an oil change (once)

we have had good luck with the 220V Charge Point charger. I just plug it into the wall plug I use for my generator to back feed the house.
6657BEF3-67AC-4248-BB74-F0A0F13B2255.jpeg

yz450mm

Reaction score

How did all these issues start out for you? I've been getting the 998 miles of Def range message, even though the tank is full. It also randomly reads almost empty, and then goes back to full a few minutes later. I'm at seven thousand miles, two-thirds of that Towing heavy.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Lemon law lawyer says Ram
Damfino they all have their mulligans.
Nailed it.
There is no such thing as the perfect anything.
Sorry about that lemon. They make thousands of trucks per day as do all the big 3.

CobraDave

Reaction score
You should get a discount on your home electricity rates too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joker

Reaction score
GM will buy it back eventually. Just cost them another thousand with the ‘21 registration.
Ross, the issue i found with mine is that it was assembled in Canada and trying to resale a Canadian built Chevy will cost you thousands, which it did as all buyers looked up the vin and found where it was put together and the quality and warranties are completely different than a Detroit built vehicle

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
I had to. It will help me save money faster and now I can start making my truck right while still getting to work. Come on the volt isn’t as gay as a Prius [emoji23]
Ether you suck dick or you don't suck dick. No such thing as by

Saying its not as gay as a priest is like saying you only have a mild case of aids.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Hermosa

Pibb + Red Vines = CD
Reaction score
Lemon law lawyer says Ram
Damfino they all have their mulligans.
I have a new 2020 Ram 3500, the CP4 pump went out on me at 7K miles, there were 8 trucks ahead of me at the dealer getting the fix. The Bosch CP4 pump shits the bed, they replaced it with a new revision CP4 and the entire fuel system, they said it's a 19K to 21K fix. The new 2021 RAMs are now coming with the CP3, they went back to that to rid themselves of the dreaded CP4. Other than that, I like the truck.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Against everything I was raised to believe but I did it 😂😂😂 View attachment 974934

LOL went in for new ball joints and comes back with a Volt.

It is a means to an end my friend. Totally get it, smart move.

Nice thing about it is that you can just keep putting gas in it, you never have to worry about charging it.