WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Did they make it on time? At all?

wzuber

Reaction score
It's rice road season again..
POS in a white mini van passing a couple cars and a semi put me hard on the brakes and on the shoulder to avoid getting crushed in the inevitable 3way. Would have been one for the record books. Right abt 3:30 pm today...
I hope somebody followed him and taught him a lesson with a good beating..
#fukthatfucker...lol
Come on people....it's really not worth dying or killing some for....

4Waters

Reaction score
It's been said before, the river isn't going anywhere.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I have to go from havasu to redlands next Friday, will be an interesting drive which ever way I go.

wzuber

Reaction score
This occured east of vidal junction about 3-4 miles about 3:30 pm. I wonder if any rdp'rs were headed E. at that time following the big red big rig? There was a line of 5-6 cars behind him. I bet that trucker was pissed...

It's silly season on rice road...travelers beware.
I guess heading west at that time of the day was not such a good idea?
Typically I would have gone the other route but Oscar, the guy that hauled my 5th wheel off to salvage, ran out of gas several miles east chiraco summit and i told him i would help him out and bring him 5 gals.

Last edited:

DUN

Reaction score
Weird place to get antsy and drive recklessly. Between Vidal and Parker always seems like a put to me. If you're going east, you've basically made it to your destination. If you're going west, you're just getting into a long drive somewhere. I dread the day I get thrown into the desert by an asshole pulling this shit.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
I get it Wzuber. Just sucks ass.

We nearly bit it a month ago heading to the river. I think Rice is the most dangerous on Friday afternoons and this is why. Were in my 2018 Ram going 75, son is driving, I'm in the back checking work emails and doing a few quotes on my Lap Top when my son yells you fucker and takes my truck to the dirt. I look up and see a Suburban heading towards us fishtailing in panic as this white Toyota truck comes around the front of my truck. Passed us without a fucking care in the world on the squeeze.

We took some time and calmed down, my wife in tears, my son a Hero. I wanted to just destroy that prick but it was a shooting weekend for us and we were loaded heavy in that dept so we let it go.

I took Rice on the way home on the following Monday afternoon and said goodbye to the road I've been traveling on for 55 years. From now on I waste the 20 min going up CA 95 from the 10 and across Agnes.

The Human value to me is challenging these days.

Last edited:

wzuber

Reaction score

We nearly bit it a month ago heading to the river. I think Rice is the most dangerous on Friday afternoons and this is why. Were in my 2018 Ram going 75, son is driving, I'm in the back checking work emails and doing a few quotes on my Lap Top when my son yells you fucker and takes my truck to the dirt. I look up and see a Suburban heading towards us fishtailing in panic as this white Toyota truck comes around the front of my truck. Passed me without a fucking care in the world.

We took some time and calmed down, my wife in tears, my son a Hero. I wanted to just destroy that prick but it was a shooting weekend for us and we were loaded heavy in that dept so we let it go.

I took Rice on the way home on the following Monday afternoon and said goodbye to the road I've been traveling on for 55 years. From now on I waste the 20 min going up CA 95 from the 10 and across Agnes.

Good thing your son was on his A game. A hero for sure. I think if one drives that route long enough you'll be lucky to only have a story to tell and it seems it's getting worse all the time...idk
At the inspection station I inquired with guard if they have a camera pointed @ that intersection? He said no. I was hoping they could possibly get a lic. Plate #.
This incedent left me wondering about the legaities of shooting at somebody after a life threating situation such as that? Lol
Of course I came to the same conclusion you all would too........
Hell yes it SHOULD be legal...lol
Glad you and your family made it safe to your destinations...
I use 95 thru agnes as well, nice change of scenery. The bbq joint in blyth on lovekin (I believe) is a good place to stop and grab some grub, take a little break.

wzuber

Reaction score
Weird place to get antsy and drive recklessly. Between Vidal and Parker always seems like a put to me. If you're going east, you've basically made it to your destination. If you're going west, you're just getting into a long drive somewhere. I dread the day I get thrown into the desert by an asshole pulling this shit.
A friend of mine and his wife went head on with a lady in a toyota camry in the little hills just west of vidal. She fell asleep, crossed into their lane. They survived quite well with scrapes, bruises and some minor glass cuts etc. But were very sore for weeks considering the eng. of their suburban was basically in their laps. The camry ricocet'd off into the desert about 30 yds. I believe he said. She died on impact. What a horrible situation for her surviving family members to have to endure.
We all really do have to remain alert and defensive on any 2 lane highway out there. It's the nature of the roadways and the whole point to my posting this. This world is full of careless, impatient humans that continually make bad choices...
CHoiCES......they really do matter....who knew? Lol

Stay alert and stay safe out there peeps....

MPHSystems

Hallett 240
Reaction score

We nearly bit it a month ago heading to the river. I think Rice is the most dangerous on Friday afternoons and this is why. Were in my 2018 Ram going 75, son is driving, I'm in the back checking work emails and doing a few quotes on my Lap Top when my son yells you fucker and takes my truck to the dirt. I look up and see a Suburban heading towards us fishtailing in panic as this white Toyota truck comes around the front of my truck. Passed me without a fucking care in the world.

I took a lot of shit from a lot of people when I completely redid my breaks from actuator to hubs, it’s because of rice road.. even with fresh breaks, I think I’ll be taking the 10 all the way and stopping for Cinnabon

76 Hondo

76 Hondo
Reaction score

PSA on the 95 from Blythe to Agnes-Wilson don’t push much past the posted 55 speed limits 😎

Happy Smitty

Reaction score
I drove rice rd for years and understand these stories quite well. Moved to AZ 6 years ago so I don't drive it anymore. Which is probably a good thing. Dangerous road out there is out wikiup to the 40, but they are making that road better.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Good thing your son was on his A game. A hero for sure. I think if one drives that route long enough you'll be lucky to only have a story to tell and it seems it's getting worse all the time...idk
At the inspection station I inquired with guard if they have a camera pointed @ that intersection? He said no. I was hoping they could possibly get a lic. Plate #.
This incedent left me wondering about the legaities of shooting at somebody after a life threating situation such as that? Lol
Of course I came to the same conclusion you all would too........
Hell yes it SHOULD be legal...lol
Glad you and your family made it safe to your destinations...
I use 95 thru agnes as well, nice change of scenery. The bbq joint in blyth on lovekin (I believe) is a good place to stop and grab some grub, take a little break.

This has happened many times as we go to the river an average of 6x-8x a year however this one was beyond just the "click off cruise to make this guy a little room" deal. He cared for nothing.

Glad you weren't on the minus side either. These types come up behind you fast. I like the BBQ idea and will look into it.

If your a person of good soul...Rice road will add to that tank. If your on the sinister side... that fucking road will grow you horns.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
I took a lot of shit from a lot of people when I completely redid my breaks from actuator to hubs, it’s because of rice road.. even with fresh breaks, I think I’ll be taking the 10 all the way and stopping for Cinnabon
Taking shit for working brakes and reliability....I'd say your people list needs some adjusting. Those Halletts are heavy. I'd say the right decision to spend the money.

4Waters

Reaction score
Comes up every year.

Why don't they add lanes?

Joe mama

Reaction score
I’m glad the days of hurrying to get to the river and hurrying to get back are over. Now I just take my time enjoy the ride and when I get there I get there. Coming home same scenario. I take the 40 every time, I’ve used up all my chickens on rice road.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
The only time I ever take my family on that road anymore is early in the morning. I have timed it with Waze and going "the other way" it is 12 minutes longer to get to Havasu. No dips, no traffic and no idiots.

MPHSystems

Hallett 240
Reaction score
Taking shit for working brakes and reliability....I'd say your people list needs some adjusting. Those Halletts are heavy. I'd say the right decision to spend the money.
Most of them only tow a few miles. But yea, told it was a waste of money. Trailer breaks better with the boat on than empty now. Probably spent 20 hrs ( replaced all the brake liens too) and $1,500 but it was worth every penny in peace of mind.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
From my house to the river, we head north from the Prescott area to I40 via hwy 89. North of Paulden, it's a mildly curvy, 2 lane through some gentle hills.
Every year since we've moved here there has been at least one fatality. Too fast and too impatient, some nasty wrecks. Unlike Rice, swerving of the shoulder may put you into trees, hills or drop-offs.

Last year, the sudden influx of RV owners escaping the valley made it pretty damn scary. I cruise about the speed limit, and keep an eye out for oncoming...whenever there may be two cars closing, I start adjusting throttle and looking at exit strategies.