WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Did we land on the moon?

rrrr

Reaction score

here's your lunar module vacuum theory..

NEXT
Can't you find something new? We've been over all this, and I would think the embarrassment of being proven wrong time after time might encourage you to look for conspiracies other than those you've already asserted.

JJ McClure

Reaction score
So the other day...

I dropped a 10lb ball into 110.5 degree water.

Then I dropped the same 10lb ball in 31.5 degree water.

Both pools of water were the same depth...

Which ball reached the bottom first?

🤔
Water freezes at 32 degrees… so impossible to drop your ball into 31.5 degree “water”.

Can we please stick to the topic of the thread and stay away from your balls?

Did we land on the moon?

bentprops

Reaction score
Screenshot 2024-04-13 at 20.39.50.png

rrrr

Reaction score
Would it have been possible to film from the ISS towards the sun/moon? Or would you just blow out the camera?
I don't know about today, but in 1969, Apollo 12 astronaut Alan Bean destroyed the imaging capabilities of the first color TV camera on the moon just seconds after turning it on for the first time.

To improve the quality of television pictures from the Moon, a color camera was carried on Apollo 12 (unlike the monochrome camera on Apollo 11). When Bean carried the camera to the place near the LM where it was to be set up, he inadvertently pointed it directly into the Sun, destroying the Secondary Electron Conduction (SEC) tube. Television coverage of this mission was thus terminated almost immediately.

The accident meant from that point on, photography from the lunar surface was accomplished with 16mm movie camera and a Hasselblad camera, both modified for the vacuum and extreme temperature swings of space. Standard Kodak Ektachrome film was used in both of those cameras.

bentprops

Reaction score
I've never paid a stripper or sex worker Ever!

This guy I worked with one time said he paid a hooker the first time he got laid.

The dude obviously had zero game.

Kinna like you...

Your copy and paste game is strong, but you got anything else for the class?

🤷‍♂️
just enough

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When we travel in an airplane we can go East to West or North to South or West to East or South to North and except for jet streams, weather and trade winds, we arrive at our destinations at relatively the same time.

• The distance from San Francisco to Hawaii (East to West) is nearly equidistant as the air miles and time traveling from San Francisco to New York (West to East). The travel times by airplane are within one-half hour of each other.
How is this possible on an Earth that is rotating from the West to the East at 1,000 mph?

If I am traveling from SFO to Hawaii on a commercial jet traveling at 500 mph, I should travel the 3,000 miles to Hawaii in just 1 1/2 hours instead of the 5 1/4 hours it takes since the Earth is spinning towards the plane some 1,000 miles every hour.

If I am traveling West to East from SFO to NYC, in the direction the Earth is spinning at 1,000 mph, and my plane is only traveling at only 500 mph, I should never be able to make it to NYC. Instead it takes a little over 5 hours, same as SFO to Hawaii.

If I am traveling from Buenos Aries, Argentina along nearly the same longitudinal plane as NYC, from South to North, and the flight takes 8 hours, the plane would have to aim towards Near Asia to meet the Earth spinning West to East at 1,000 mph. But it doesn’t.

When Felix Baumgartner made history in 2012 and jumped from 24 miles up reaching speeds of over 800 mph and free fell for over 4 minutes.

Yet he never had to adjust for an Earth that would of moved some 66.66 miles from where he actually landed while in free fall.
It's called relativity. If you are on a train travelling east to west at 100mph and throw a 100mph fast ball on the train from west to east, does the ball sit still? No you can clock it at 100mph as it hurls toward the back of the train. Conversely, if you throw it toward the front of the train, it still clocks at 100mph even though relative to the ground, it's going 200mph.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
It's called relativity. If you are on a train travelling east to west at 100mph and throw a 100mph fast ball on the train from west to east, does the ball sit still? No you can clock it at 100mph as it hurls toward the back of the train. Conversely, if you throw it toward the front of the train, it still clocks at 100mph even though relative to the ground, it's going 200mph.
Regardless, the train will not fly.
1713225866086.png

Last edited: