WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Did we land on the moon?

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
You are too rigid in actual science (half of which is theory) to break away from the mainstream and allow your mind to let other possibilities to percolate.

A simple gravity shield that nulls gravity's effect on objects inside the field is enough to cancel out all sorts of problems.

FTL ala warp speed (subspace travel) or cosmic travel via worm-holes (Einstein-Rosen bridge) eliminates many of the issues trying to reach the speed of light for instance.

I imagine warp gates similar to DS9 personally. Granted this is all fiction and theory, but every concept we have learned, was at one time, a theory as well.
Well said.
In short, humans “do not know what they don’t know.”
(Steve told me that)
Applying our ameba brain level of physical laws and understanding of a universe that has been around for like 10 billion years (years…also a human construct to measure time and distance) is akin to a 1 day old flea giving a dissertation on the history of dogs.
Time and space and distance are not relevant when a species knows (for real knows, not bound by human limitations) what it is to traverse all three, then “travel” becomes non linear.
Humans think in a way that always assumes we know everything. Like what we say and believe affects physical existence.
“I do/ don’t believe in UFO’s” is a great example.
“Bigfoot is/ isn’t real” is another.
As if anyone’s “belief” has any bearing on its validity whatsoever.
My interests steer me in these directions. I do not just research things so I can refute someone’s opinion.

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
Well said.
In short, humans “do not know what they don’t know.”
(Steve told me that)
Applying our ameba brain level of physical laws and understanding of a universe that has been around for like 10 billion years (years…also a human construct to measure time and distance) is akin to a 1 day old flea giving a dissertation on the history of dogs.
Time and space and distance are not relevant when a species knows (for real knows, not bound by human limitations) what it is to traverse all three, then “travel” becomes non linear.
Humans think in a way that always assumes we know everything. Like what we say and believe affects physical existence.
“I do/ don’t believe in UFO’s” is a great example.
“Bigfoot is/ isn’t real” is another.
As if anyone’s “belief” has any bearing on its validity whatsoever.
My interests steer me in these directions. I do not just research things so I can refute someone’s opinion.
Thank you for putting into words my feelings.

Civil debate is how we learn. When one is so rigid in their views, and those views are only directed at proving your debate opponent wrong, it isn't a debate. My view is that there is so much knowledge to be gained, so many places to explore, minds must be open and aware to how to try rather than "this is why we can't"

As you well know, I absolutely loved debating the libs down in the Dungeon. I have even tried to get some of them back, as there are no debates down there anymore. It's just an echo chamber of one political view.

Do I know we landed on the moon? No, I do not. I always see what is possible, rather than look for reasons why something is impossible.

Orange Juice

Reaction score
EF83E5B7-996C-4BDD-A5EC-CB5DD74C9C55.jpeg

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
One of my personal favorite scenarios involves mastering the Worm Hole concept, to the point where instead of subways there are portal hubs, portals on street corners and inside homes to travel to anywhere that is linked or the coordinates are known (his theory involved very similar concept to phone numbers).

Massive gates to move commerce and FTL ships, down to personal portals (think astronomically expensive) portal phone/watch device.

Solves many many problems with pollution, food delivery, hell one scenario had a portal in the middle of a Mountain Stream, that exited into the Sahara...

Imagination will get us there, eventually.

(Shamelessly stolen from Simmons and Drake, along with others like Heinlein.)

rrrr

Reaction score
You are too rigid in actual science (half of which is theory) to break away from the mainstream and allow your mind to let other possibilities to percolate.

A simple gravity shield that nulls gravity's effect on objects inside the field is enough to cancel out all sorts of problems.

FTL ala warp speed (subspace travel) or cosmic travel via worm-holes (Einstein-Rosen bridge) eliminates many of the issues trying to reach the speed of light for instance.

I imagine warp gates similar to DS9 personally. Granted this is all fiction and theory, but every concept we have learned, was at one time, a theory as well.
I get what you're saying but physics isn't half theory. There's an outer edge of research, but the reason mass has an attractive force was determined in 1915.

Simplifying my thinking isn't difficult. You're thinking of gravity as a "field." It's not. It's an attractive force proportional to mass. Mass and energy have a proven relationship, expressed by E=mc². To negate that, the repelling object must have energy in excess of the force.

Unless someone shows up from space to change it, there isn't some compact form of energy on this planet that can do that.

Space X's Starship weighs 11 million lbs fully fueled. That's five million more lbs than the Saturn V weighed at launch. The Starship can put 500,000 lbs in low earth orbit if the booster isn't relanded and crashes into the ocean. It produces 750,000 joules of thrust. That amount of energy is about 8,000 times greater than that of the atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima.

So it takes 750,000 joules to lift from Earth and accelerate half a million lbs to about 17,000 MPH, the speed required to keep that object in a low earth orbit. Not very impressive when discussing the speed of light and travel to the nearest galaxy, which is 25,000 light years away from the sun. The next closest is 70,000 light years away.

But it's all moot, because as I said earlier, there isn't enough energy in Earth's entire mass to accelerate even the tiniest particle to anything approaching the speed of light, and even if there were, all the money on the planet couldn't make it happen.

Last edited:

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
I get what you're saying but physics isn't half theory. There's an outer edge of research, but the reason mass has an attractive force was determined in 1915.

Simplifying my thinking isn't difficult. You're thinking of gravity as a "field." It's not. It's an attractive force proportional to mass. Mass and energy have a proven relationship, expressed by E=mc². To negate that, the repelling object must have energy in excess of the force. There's nothing "simple" about it.

Unless someone shows up from space to change it, there isn't some compact form of energy on this planet that can do that.

Space X's Starship weighs 11 million lbs fully fueled. That's five million more lbs than the Saturn V weighed at launch. The Starship can put 500,000 lbs in low earth orbit if the booster isn't relanded and crashes into the ocean. It produces 750,000 joules of thrust. That amount of energy is about 8,000 times greater than that of the atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima.

So it takes 750,000 joules to lift from Earth and accelerate half a million lbs to about 17,000 MPH, the speed required to keep that object in a low earth orbit. Not very impressive when discussing the speed of light and travel to the nearest galaxy, which is 25,000 light years away from the sun. The next closest is 70,000 light years away.

But it's all moot, because as I said earlier, there isn't enough energy in Earth's entire mass to accelerate even the tiniest particle to anything approaching the speed of light, and even if there were, all the money on the planet couldn't make it happen.
How the hell did you absorb and be able to figure out and post all this information. Incredible and Well Done. For myself our amortization schedule is a project.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score

Simplifying my thinking isn't difficult. You're thinking of gravity as a "field." It's not. It's an attractive force proportional to mass. Mass and energy have a proven relationship, expressed by E=mc². To negate that, the repelling object must have energy in excess of the force.

Math and our entire knowledge to this point has all been theorized and then either proven or disproven based upon common logic and the results from experiments to use the scientific process to discover and prove new theories into fact.

It's also a common truth that to a lesser developed civilization , common place technology seems like magic and godlike powers.

I totally get your information, it's completely accurate and everything I have said is pure conjecture.

Just because we have not reached that level of education, does not mean we will never. Everyone is free to believe and theorize about their own conclusions to how many dimensions and concepts of reality you can personally comprehend or imagine.

To state we are even understanding a tenth of a hundred thousand percent about the total understanding of how our entire universe works would be madness to me.

I like to imagine that I can ride along with far reaching ideas and concepts that have in the past come from imagination to reality (Buck Rodgers watch anyone>?) and not limit myself or any of Earth's citizens from creating new knowledge and superior technologic advancements.

rrrr

Reaction score
How the hell did you absorb and be able to figure out and post all this information. Incredible and Well Done. For myself our amortization schedule is a project.
It's kinda funny. When I took high school and first year college physics, the books jumped up off my desk and beat me about the head until I was bloody. I started taking drafting and playing three man intramural basketball instead. I suck at basketball. My job was to inbound the ball and stay the hell out of the way. Then I quit school and went back to work for my Dad.

It wasn't until about 15 years ago that I took up physics again. That was because my WWII history studies shifted to exploring the Manhattan Project. I couldn't understand the 580 page Pulitzer Prize winning book I bought called The Making of the Atomic Bomb. It's crazy complex stuff. The author wrote a second book called Dark Sun, which explored the making of the thermonuclear, or hydrogen bomb. It was even more complex.

I wanted to learn about these things. So I started taking online physics classes. I did that for three semesters. The last couple of years I've been watching online MIT chemistry and physics lectures. That doesn't mean I understand all of it. But amazingly, I have learned things that were gibberish earlier in life. Now I can go on internet forums and not only pontificate about all sorts of other stuff, I can also pretend I'm knowledgeable about physics.

I'm actually faking it.

😁

Last edited:

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
It's kinda funny. When I took high school and first year college physics, the books jumped up off my desk and beat me about the head until I was bloody. I started taking drafting and playing three man intramural basketball instead. I suck at basketball. My job was to inbound the ball and stay the hell out of the way. Then I quit school and went back to work for my Dad.

It wasn't until about 15 years ago that I took up physics again. That was because my WWII history studies shifted to exploring the Manhattan Project. I couldn't understand the 580 page Pulitzer Prize winning book I bought called The Making of the Atomic Bomb. It's crazy complex stuff. The author wrote a second book called Dark Sun, which explored the making of the thermonuclear, or hydrogen bomb. It was even more complex.

I wanted to learn about these things. So I started taking online physics classes. I did that for three semesters. The last couple of years I've been watching online MIT chemistry and physics lectures. That doesn't mean I understand all of it. But amazingly, I have learned things that were gibberish earlier in life. Now I can go on internet forums and not only pontificate about all sorts of other stuff, I can also pretend I'm knowledgeable about physics.

I'm actually faking it.

😁
I do plenty of "spot checks" to make sure my "T"s are crossed and "I"s dotted....quick reference refresher I call them....

I have a fantastic memory, but some of those synapses need a nudge or two to "relink" after collecting a few decades of dust from High School and College! 😄

I don't believe it's "faking it" if you have the basic concepts and principles, you are simply making sure your specifics and details are information that is current...it does actually change!

We do learn new things and re-write old incorrect information! 😉

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
20230529_195658.jpg

2020 is when I started researching EVERYTHING... cause 2+2 was not equalling 4.

so little math here...

since we've landed on the moon many times.....

why are their many different images of earth.. with different sizes of the continents???

then how about moon size vs. earth...

so many images of earth being the same size as we see of the moon....

I'm sure someone will explain this theory as an "alternator's" logic.....LOL

Happy Memorial day

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
one more moon question..

why do we only see one side of the moon??.

"""The moon does rotate, but it rotates at the same speed that it rotates around the Earth.” The moon completes one full rotation on its axis in the time it takes to orbit the Earth. That means the same side is always turned toward"""

that precision is better that a SWISS WATCH....

never out of sync.

F.ing amazing..

better than our calendar... which every four years a day must be added.

enjoy

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
one more moon question..

"""The moon does rotate, but it rotates at the same speed that it rotates around the Earth.” The moon completes one full rotation on its axis in the time it takes to orbit the Earth. That means the same side is always turned toward"""

never out of sync.

F.ing amazing..

enjoy
It’s called a synchronous orbit.
Have you read or seen anything about the moons “echo” or rather gong effect?
When we jettison the lunar modules after their mission, we measure the moons “vibrations” after impact to judge its density among other things. It actually “rings” for a while after they impact the surface, as if it’s hollow.
Also, if the moon was even a fraction larger or smaller, or like less than a mile different distance from the earth, it could not perfectly create a solar eclipse.
Did you know our earth’s rotation is not 24 hours? It’s 23 hours 56 minutes…give or take.
The reason we have to add 4 minutes to our “day” is because the earth had traveled just barely over 1 degree of its solar orbit during that day. (365 days in a year, 360* in a circle)
So because the earth moved a degree, it takes 4 minutes of extra rotation for the same reference point on earth to straight line to the suns center.
Now who the fuck ever figured that shit out?

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Every now and then we have a 61 second minute to fix that.
It used to be a big deal on the news when it would happen.
Nowdays our cell phones just do it, but back in the day you needed an atomic clock to actually see it.
They’ve added 27 seconds to our time since 1972.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score

I saw them land on the moon in the 4th grade.

whats he afraid of.... we saw you land on the moon....

just swear on the Bible that you are telling the truth...

whats so difficult.....

Happy Memorial Day

THANK YOU HEROES

rrrr

Reaction score
one more moon question..

never out of sync.

F.ing amazing..

enjoy
WTG has the answer. Go research Lagrange points and I'm sure you'll think that must be a conspiracy too.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
BTW..

I watched Pres Nixon talk to the astronauts on the tele phone....

I believe Ms. Tomlin was the operator which connected the UNBELIEVABLE transmission event....

or was it 40 ham operators aligned 243,000 miles from the Moon to earth to pass this transmission along...

I'm getting old.... and forgetful...

Happy Memorial Day

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
WTG has the answer. Go research Lagrange points and I'm sure you'll think that must be a conspiracy too.

"""that precision is better that a SWISS WATCH....

never out of sync.

F.ing amazing..""""

rrrr

sorry, never said conspiracy... EVER (in this thread that is)

I believe its F.ing amazing its never changed its orientation... EVER

it must adjust with that atomic clock...

Happy Memorial Day

rrrr

Reaction score

never out of sync.

F.ing amazing..""""

rrrr

Happy Memorial Day
I mistook your questions for sarcasm. I apologize.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
We got aliens, flat earth and sub 100k Halletts being discussed so why not.

I can see the argument that it was a PR stunt. I think we’ve been to space a lot. I am curious why we haven’t been back to the moon since the Apollo missions

Elim Regatta 053 (1).jpg

traquer

Reaction score
We don't even know what exactly gravity is or what it means. You can do some Googling and see. There's some pretty good theories from Einstein and others, but none of them can 100% account for what we observe. Basically we don't fully know what gravity does, and we don't fully know why it does it. Fascinating stuff.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Many of us can grasp even much more complicated concepts, it's literally the ultimate form of bench-racing IMO! 😍

There is a disconnect for most people, it's not the math, it's the actual facts that mess with your mind.

Our understanding of the Universe is minimal, yet at the same time largely defining our present intelligence and knowledge base.

Boiled down, you are a infinitesmal meatsack made up of mostly water, that uses electrical signals to process information to an unknown yet measurable entity made of energy (28 grams exactly).

We live on a micro-planet we laughingly call "Goldylocks" planets due to their anticipated tiny amount of planets that could develop and support cognitive lifeforms.

Given the least possible scenario on how life developed here, there are at least 10,000 other planets in our own Milky Way galaxy that could have life like ours.

The Milky Way is fucking HUGE. The distances to our nearest other solar system are mind boggling, even at the fastest theoretical speeds (light), it would take decades.

Those "stars" you see at night..yea most of those are actually Galaxies like the Milky Way, since only giant sources of light can travel the deep space between Galaxies.

We can see more galaxies than we can count at this point. Most people's brains shut off at the concept of their own tiny existence, how little they actually matter in the Universe, as a individual. Their ID can't handle the pressure of their actual place in the Universe....a microbe on a piece of dust, on a piece of sand, on an endless beach.

Our whole world is make-believe.

💯

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

never out of sync.

F.ing amazing..""""

rrrr

Happy Memorial Day

Here is an interesting thing...

The earth is supposedly 4.5 BILLION years old. And us humans measure a year by one rotation around the sun.

So who would know if the orientation has ever changed? No one has been around that long! 🤣

But consider the ice age (that we supposedly know about)...

How did that happen???

The change in orientation of the earth in its rotation around the sun.

Sooner or later, it's gonna happen again. Another "reset", and none of us will survive.

Yes, we are arrogant as Fuck to think the knowledge of the universe revolves around us.

Let's check this thread in a billion or so years from now shall we?

Or how about just a thousand?

We view time as one trip around the sun. I wonder how the sun views time?

🤔

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
@rrrr so thoughts on the space elevator concept? Science fiction at the moment. Could you use electromagnetism to drive a payload into space (like a rail gun)? Probably only useful for cargo, humans wouldn’t like the acceleration potential. Could take a boat load of power to drive it, but I’d think a nuke power farm at the base of it could probably do it if they really wanted to do it.

rrrr

Reaction score
@rrrr so thoughts on the space elevator concept? Science fiction at the moment. Could you use electromagnetism to drive a payload into space (like a rail gun)? Probably only useful for cargo, humans wouldn’t like the acceleration potential. Could take a boat load of power to drive it, but I’d think a nuke power farm at the base of it could probably do it if they really wanted to do it.
It's all about energy. We're limited to the energy sources we know of. The Navy is using magnetic acceleration catapults on the new Gerald R. Ford class carriers, it's a pretty slick machine. Their rail gun is interesting, but as of now impractical as a weapon because of its size.

I haven't really thought about using electromagnetism to accelerate objects out of Earth's gravitational field. Probably impractical because of the structure needed to accomplish the thrust. I think I've read it would have to be a mile high or several miles, can't remember.

Ion thrusters are an interesting propulsion method for spacecraft, but their acceleration characteristics aren't suitable for human space travel because of the time factor needed to reach significant speeds.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
I'm getting lost down the "Flat Earth" rabbit hole....LOL

lot of information that makes you go...

HHHHHHMMMMM

but then, that's just typical for me...LOL

I'm the 1st person that believes I'm all F.ed up...

Covid attached common sense in more ways then one...

or maybe its being Boatless 1st time since 1978..

most likely its my breathing of all the chemtrails or 45 years of Roofing Asphalt..

this is where the Rabbit hole got DEEP!!

just interesting.... ya or nay... all good

Last edited:

MOUZER

Reaction score

HHHHHHMMMMM

most likely its my breathing of all the chemtrails or 45 years of Roofing Asphalt..

you should b going hmmmmmmmm earth is flat

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
I deserve all the HEAT..

I'm not sold on flat earth...... YET!!..

Just watch that 8 min video...

one laser measurement at 7mile... curvature drop should be 15ft.

their measurement was 2 feet...

they were able to achieve a 22 mile laser connect with minimal variance...

just strange....

I wonder what the curvature drop from Long Beach to Catalina should be??

I need to start drinking more or less..LOL

I told ya I'm f.ed up in the head....

that is just one scenario.... there are 100's..

my Google earth app shows the earth is round.....LOL

I'm still blaming Chemtrails..

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I was about 11-13 years old, and myself and some buddies were hiking around in Kingman when we met a man (transient() he told us a huge story that as an adult sure i know it was all bullshit, but I’ll always know i met the man who stepped on the moon before Neil Armstrong.

He was hired to ride up in the space shuttle, and being he wore a size 11, they still made him crush his feet into a set of size 9 boots. He then stepped out of the shuttle, down the stairs one foot physically on the moon. After a few minutes of him not exploding etc he stepped backwards back into the shuttle and out of the way so that the famous Neil Armstrong could step out and be the first to be known to step in the moon!

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score

HHHHHHMMMMM

Fuckers need to hit a target not just view it. Idiots.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
I deserve all the HEAT..

I'm not sold on flat earth...... YET!!..

Just watch that 8 min video...

one laser measurement at 7mile... curvature drop should be 15ft.

their measurement was 2 feet...

they were able to achieve a 22 mile laser connect with minimal variance...

just strange....

I wonder what the curvature drop from Long Beach to Catalina should be??

I need to start drinking more or less..LOL

I told ya I'm f.ed up in the head....

that is just one scenario.... there are 100's..

my Google earth app shows the earth is round.....LOL

I'm still blaming Chemtrails..
You do realize the earth is kinda squooshed down towards the poles and more round in the middle?

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
I was about 11-13 years old, and myself and some buddies were hiking around in Kingman when we met a man (transient() he told us a huge story that as an adult sure i know it was all bullshit, but I’ll always know i met the man who stepped on the moon before Neil Armstrong.

He was hired to ride up in the space shuttle, and being he wore a size 11, they still made him crush his feet into a set of size 9 boots. He then stepped out of the shuttle, down the stairs one foot physically on the moon. After a few minutes of him not exploding etc he stepped backwards back into the shuttle and out of the way so that the famous Neil Armstrong could step out and be the first to be known to step in the moon!
I actually believe the 1st person on the moon was the photographer???? or did they have Go Pro back then????

they cellular connection.... shit I saw Nixon talking with the Astronauts on the phone....??

but someone mentioned ham radio connections??? makes sense.. except where were the other connectors to transmit from earth to the moon??

must of been floating in space....

all good.... I was just thinking about flat earth...

sorry guys...

I'm still F.ed up in the head...

I wonder why they use liquid in a level... that befuddled me....

is that liquid different from the ocean?....

I said I went DEEP into that rabbit hole

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
I thought they filmed in Burbank lol.

I just don’t understand why/how we visited the moon multiple times using basic algebra. And now today with all of the tech that we have, we have not been back. Nor has any other country to my knowledge?

There’s either something really scary up there, absolutely nothing worth visiting or we never went.

Edit. I am incorrect. The Russians have also been.

The Soviets never put a man on the moon, or even orbitted the moon.

The reason we never went back is it was too expensive and nothing to be gained beyond the experiments we did back then, at that time anyway.

And the Occam's razor proof we went was: it happened during the height of the cold war, if anyone would have the proof it was faked it would have been the Soviets, and they would have used it as the greatest propaganda piece against the west ever imagined.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Finally… the truth comes out 👍

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
I say nope. I never thought of myself as a conspiracy theorist but now with everything that’s come to light with this government and what they’ve done over the last 60-70 years I don’t believe one thing they say about anything!
Once I started looking into the moon landing as an adult I came to the conclusion no way!
I mean how did we film it? Who was there first to watch it touch down? Who was really the first one to walk on the moon because the camera man was away from the craft? Who was left on the moon to film us learbing?

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
I say nope. I never thought of myself as a conspiracy theorist but now with everything that’s come to light with this government and what they’ve done over the last 60-70 years I don’t believe one thing they say about anything!
Once I started looking into the moon landing as an adult I came to the conclusion no way!
I mean how did we film it? Who was there first to watch it touch down? Who was really the first one to walk on the moon because the camera man was away from the craft? Who was left on the moon to film us learbing?
come on PD

it has to be real..

F.ing Nixon was talking to the Astronauts himself...

I saw it on TV...LOL

just delete your post....

I'll take the hits and stones..