WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Did we land on the moon?

hallett21

Reaction score
We got aliens, flat earth and sub 100k Halletts being discussed so why not.

I can see the argument that it was a PR stunt. I think we’ve been to space a lot. I am curious why we haven’t been back to the moon since the Apollo missions

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
We got aliens, flat earth and sub 100k Halletts being discussed so why not.

I can see the argument that it was a PR stunt. I think we’ve been to space a lot. I am curious why we haven’t been back to the moon since the Apollo missions

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I think this one has always seemed to be a bit of a stretch.......

You mean to tell me, no other nation would follow suit to be in the "moon club" ? 50+ years later and we're the only ones. We're bad ass, but .........in the words of our fearless leader....."Cmon Man" 😁

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
dumb-and-dumber-no-way.gif

hallett21

Reaction score
I thought they filmed in Burbank lol.

I just don’t understand why/how we visited the moon multiple times using basic algebra. And now today with all of the tech that we have, we have not been back. Nor has any other country to my knowledge?

There’s either something really scary up there, absolutely nothing worth visiting or we never went.

Edit. I am incorrect. The Russians have also been.

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score
I thought they filmed in Burbank lol.

I just don’t understand why/how we visited the moon multiple times using basic algebra. And now today with all of the tech that we have, we have not been back. Nor has any other country to my knowledge?

There’s either something really scary up there, absolutely nothing worth visiting or we never went.
I'd say relatively high risk, high cost and low reward has kept most away. The technology/science isn't that exciting compared to what we do with probes but manned missions have been higher risk than it's been worth.

hallett21

Reaction score
go to Cape Canaveral and take the tour and then see how you feel about us faking going to the moon.
I only bring it up because we’ve faked our way into wars left and right. We were going head to head with a foreign super power. We can all agree Kennedy got whacked by someone on the inside around the same time period. I just question why the moon landing was so “pure” vs everything else this country has accomplished.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Superiority race by nations. My Godfather was on the design engineer team for the Apollo missions. It was more about accomplishing the feat first. Being on a rock in outer space, analytics, sampling, etc.. Not really an affordable resource location😄😊

sintax

Reaction score
I only bring it up because we’ve faked our way into wars left and right. We were going head to head with a foreign super power. We can all agree Kennedy got whacked by someone on the inside around the same time period. I just question why the moon landing was so “pure” vs everything else this country has accomplished.

oh i'm with you, and i'm a pretty big skeptic re: a lot of those things.

One thing that sticks in my head is, if he faked it, you'd think China or Russia would try to prove that we faked it.

It does seem super odd that we have not even left earth orbit since 1972, I do find it hard to believe we managed that whole adventure a few years earlier.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There was a great documentary debunking the "tin foil folks" and the main takeaway for me was the parallel shadows. There was no way to replicate the parallel shadows in the images with the stage lighting of the day. A single point light source will always give divergent shadows. The moon photos are completely parallel like as if cast from a wall of LED lights that had yet to be invented, or a sun really far away so the divergence (or even convergence) is negligible.

hallett21

Reaction score
There was a great documentary debunking the "tin foil folks" and the main takeaway for me was the parallel shadows. There was no way to replicate the parallel shadows in the images with the stage lighting of the day. A single point light source will always give divergent shadows. The moon photos are completely parallel like as if cast from a wall of LED lights that had yet to be invented, or a sun really far away so the divergence (or even convergence) is negligible.
Just me being a smart ass. But was it really that hard back in the day to back light a set with lights on the wall and ceiling?

Yldboyz

Reaction score
I'm surprised Elon hasn't tried it yet, but I always wonder if I'll ever see it in my lifetime....

DaveH

Reaction score
we have left orbit....just n
oh i'm with you, and i'm a pretty big skeptic re: a lot of those things.

One thing that sticks in my head is, if he faked it, you'd think China or Russia would try to prove that we faked it.

It does seem super odd that we have not even left earth orbit since 1972, I do find it hard to believe we managed that whole adventure a few years earlier.
not with humans.

why? distance. people forget just how VAST space really is. think about 6 month trip one way to Mars. the food, oxygen, water etc to support one person for a YEAR........untill we can figure out a way to travel these distances and much higher speeds, its never going to happen. then even if you could attain these speeds the G forces to do so, the human body will never live through them.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
So if the moon landing was faked, was Apollo 13 (the movie) using the same sets used by NASA?

We went, no question. It just wasn’t worth going back.

If we go back now we should cover the entire moon in solar panels and run an extension cord back to earth. Wham, energy crisis OVER!

hallett21

Reaction score
So if the moon landing was faked, was Apollo 13 (the movie) using the same sets used by NASA?

We went, no question. It just wasn’t worth going back.

If we go back now we should cover the entire moon in solar panels and run an extension cord back to earth. Wham, energy crisis OVER!
We landed 5 times. Apollo 13 would have been 6. Wouldn’t we have figured out it was a waste of time by trip 3 or 4?

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
We landed 5 times. Apollo 13 would have been 6. Wouldn’t we have figured out it was a waste of time by trip 3 or 4?
Well they had additional missions planned and stopped them for budget and lack of public support. The equipment to be used all wound up going to museums and memorial parks. I’m

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
we have left orbit....just n

not with humans.

why? distance. people forget just how VAST space really is. think about 6 month trip one way to Mars. the food, oxygen, water etc to support one person for a YEAR........untill we can figure out a way to travel these distances and much higher speeds, its never going to happen. then even if you could attain these speeds the G forces to do so, the human body will never live through them.
Start slow and accelerate at a rate the human body can tolerate and then decelerate at the other end the same way. You can’t make the whole trip at high speeds but you can spend some of it at those speeds.

DaveH

Reaction score
Start slow and accelerate at a rate the human body can tolerate and then decelerate at the other end the same way. You can’t make the whole trip at high speeds but you can spend some of it at those speeds.
light speed isnt even fast enough to cover any real distances.

but lets say we could achive light speed.. 186,000 miles per SECOND. if you limited the acceleration TO 10 G's.......it would take 35 DAYS just to get to light speed.

cut in in half to a level most couldnt tolerate at 5G's....and you are talking more then 70days just to achieve light speed.

i dont believe we will ever see humans outside our immediate galaxy, let alone WAY out there due to distance a speeds need to do it.

at 17,000mph, the speed we commonly see with space craft.......it 4 months one way to mars. then think about the logistics of suppoting ONE life for that period of time......we are a long way off of ever having mass space flight to other planets.

Last edited:

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just me being a smart ass. But was it really that hard back in the day to back light a set with lights on the wall and ceiling?
On the documentary, they tried every way used in the day, not possible with incandescent light of the time.

rrrr

Reaction score

Edit. I am incorrect. The Russians have also been.
The Greeks devised geometry around 600 BC. Calculus was discovered in the 1680s by Isaac Newton. Orbital mechanics, which allow the location of moons and planets to be predicted in great accuracy, was first proposed by Johannes Kepler in 1605, and completely understood by the 20th century. The Apollo command module guidance computer was a fully digital computer with primitive memory capabilities.

Why hasn't any other country done it? Going to the moon is expensive. The Apollo program cost around $133 billion in today's dollars, and employed about 400,000 people. The current NASA Artemis program, which may or may not continue to be funded, is projected to cost about $50 billion for a single moon landing.

The Russians have landed a few unmanned probes on the moon, but their 1960s N1 manned moon rocket was an abject failure that didn't have a single successful launch.

hallett21

Reaction score
The Greeks devised geometry around 600 BC. Calculus was discovered in the 1680s by Isaac Newton. Orbital mechanics, which allow the location of moons and planets to be predicted in great accuracy, was first proposed by Johannes Kepler in 1605, and completely understood by the 20th century. The Apollo command module guidance computer was a fully digital computer with primitive memory capabilities.

Why hasn't any other country done it? Going to the moon is expensive. The Apollo program cost around $133 billion in today's dollars, and employed about 400,000 people. The current NASA Artemis program, which may or may not continue to be funded, is projected to cost about $50 billion for a single moon landing.

The Russians have landed a few unmanned probes on the moon, but their 1960s N1 manned moon rocket was an abject failure that didn't have a single successful launch.
But that assumes countries all of the sudden become fiscally responsible. The Cold War cost roughly 8-9 trillion to the USA according to google.

Seems like we could have budgeted in some false moon landings.

Like i said I’m not discrediting the moon landings but there’s a good argument that says it was a PR stunt.

dribble

Reaction score
Logic says several things. If we didn’t go Russia would have known it. They admitted we made it. Why would they have staged a failure with Apollo 13 ? How many hundreds / thousands of people would have participated in the fraud? We went because we were great.

hallett21

Reaction score
Sounds like adding the Holocaust to the faked list is next?

Theres absolutely no reason to go to the moon again. Nothing there, nothing to do, nothing to bring back and prohibitvely expensive.
Holocaust happened.

Sounds like NASA/SpaceX are planning a moon landing as soon as 2025.

kurtis500

Reaction score
Holocaust happened.

Moon landing happened too. Chinese are there now with unmanned equipment. Chinese have high elevation images of at least one Apollo landing site and published them years go. Not sure they are in on the fake effort.

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score
Holocaust happened.

There is a reason to go now, that’s why we’ve seen a resurgence in interest. If you establish a base on the moon it is much easier to launch rockets from there to other farther away places (like Mars) as there is no atmosphere and less gravity. Most of the mass of a solid rocket engine today is expelled to get it out of the earths atmosphere.

DaveH

Reaction score
Moon landing happened too. Chinese are there now with unmanned equipment. Chinese have high elevation images of at least one Apollo landing site and published them years go. Not sure they are in on the fake effort.
so the chicoms are there now.........big deal. even the russians many years back.......

taking humans to the moon is a much more complex and difficult to achieve. yet we did this in 1969. not only did we do it more then 50 years ago.......we did it with technology that was prevalent during that time period. visiting Canaveral is a mind blowing experience looking at the hardware we had back then........

the point is....the rest of the world is still catching up and has a long way to go.

JJ McClure

Reaction score

I ran the the crew painting the Operation and Checkout Building. We got a couple of tours inside where Lockheed Martin build the Orion capsules for the Artemis project. Super cool. The Artemis rocket is bigger and more powerful than the Saturn 5. That’s saying something. Oh. And it’s a huge building. Lol
CD2168E3-A0FE-4518-AC97-A57677360BEF.png
10ACC69E-59AD-4093-A55F-3406B60EFA78.jpeg

Orange Juice

Reaction score
Why haven't we been back in many years...this is the same NASA that retired the only spacecraft they had without a replacement.
Once the space station opened, the doors to research opened, all the money headed in that direction. The space shuttle had issues, so the private sector stepped up, and took over. Enter the super rich.

Im not sure what the push is for Mars, but I’m sure someone will build their pyramid, using corporate greed. And claim glory to their gods. 😁

hallett21

Reaction score
The timeline of space travel is fascinating to me.

Sputnik went into orbit in the late 50s and 10 years later we put a man on the moon. Then we quit doing the moon 3-4 years later.

First shuttle goes into space in 1981 and first section of the ISS went up in 1998.

And now Elon has rockets launching and landing back on the pad.

stonehenge

Reaction score
Over the last 54 years, I was and still am surprised on how many Afro-American fellow employees I have, many with formal education, that strongly believe it was a hoax? I always assumed it was a cultural thing, well until today anyways.

But 100% of the people (aka Afro-American fellow employees) I have had in depth discussions about this subject all said if they had solid proof, like the Chinese, who are no giant fans of the USA confirming landing sites, etc., they would change their opinion. Well many have changed their opinion and now believe we went.

I find it rather weird that people actually do not believe we went to the moon.