WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Diesel Brothers Penalty

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
https://www.standard.net/news/envir...cle_6ea07615-7b50-54fd-873a-ec6a848a6422.html

Attorneys for an environmental group have recommended that a maximum $4.4 million in Clean Air Act penalties could be assessed against the Diesel Brothers reality TV stars for rigging diesel pickup trucks to foil pollution controls.

Utah Physicians for a Healthy Environment urged U.S. District Judge Robert Shelby in court documents last week to impose penalties up to that amount against the truck builders for illegally modifying or selling 20 trucks and selling “defeat devices” to truck owners nationwide.

But attorneys for the Diesel Brothers disputed the number of violations that were committed and argued that significant penalties would “devastate” the local businesses operated by the defendants. They said penalties are justified for $581,000 at most.

The competing takes on the extent of damage done by the defendants follow a November bench trial before Shelby in a civil suit filed by the doctors’ group in 2017. The judge now will sift the recommendations and issue final orders in the case.

JD D05

Reaction score
I can’t stand government agencies that levy fines to justify their own existence

I could tell you crazy stories about how the EPA is treating diesel shops around the country. Nothing but a money grab with AR-15's. My issue with DB is they are an apparel company with zero talent in diesel performance. Hundred's of shops around the country are now out of business and in the cross hairs so these dickheads can be on TV. And in the court docs the main guy is on record saying if he goes down he takes everyone down with him.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Agree

I can’t stand government agencies that levy fines to justify their own existence

What a douchebag

I could tell you crazy stories about how the EPA is treating diesel shops around the country. Nothing but a money grab with AR-15's. My issue with DB is they are an apparel company with zero talent in diesel performance. Hundred's of shops around the country are now out of business and in the cross hairs so these dickheads can be on TV. And in the court docs the main guy is on record saying if he goes down he takes everyone down with him.

Riverryder

Reaction score

Got to admit they atleast get to do cool shit. With all the money the sheep’s give them to “win a dream truck”

Sparks said he would take everyone down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ramos45

Reaction score

Yep. The shop out of Idaho that I used for my Duramax is no longer. I need to jump through some hoops now to retrieve my stock tune.

ramos45

Reaction score
Rob Coddens?

ATP Truck. I ordered the EFI Live Autocal from them and my fault for not sending in my stock code right then. I recently found a local shop that can do what I need and I just received the unlock code from ATP so should be good to go.

traquer

Reaction score
Everything that's good usually flies under the radar of the masses (and the regulators). Important thing I learned in life

77charger

Reaction score
If you plan on doing illegal mods just make sure you do it on a reality show.

As for the shows i have lost interest in any of the auto customization type shows all they want is added drama and stupid skits.I like the old shows like jesse james building a bike from bare and focusing more on how its built not oredering evry part but the frame and assembling like another biker show.

And yes diesel bros was a stupid show!

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Honestly those trucks that blow all that black smoke to other cars for laughs look like tools. Lame.

Now a high hours power car that sounds like a beast, that's cool!

jetur

Reaction score
Why wouldn't you just say, "it's for off-road use only". That should remove any liability. Right?

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Speaking of i found a highly illegal AR-Duramax downpipe in my garage along with the egr delete and bunch of other Duramax parts.

May as well get my useless plug in here.

Long Way Home

Dog Days of Summer!
Reaction score
Nobody Is Above the Law not even the Diesel Brothers.
Life Lesson #1
Don't do the crime if you can't do the time or have the money to pay the fine! (Fines and jail or prison time are the standard penalties for a criminal conviction)
or
Do not misbehave if you are unprepared or unwilling to accept the punishment.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
As for the shows i have lost interest in any of the auto customization type shows all they want is added drama and stupid skits.I like the old shows like jesse james building a bike from bare and focusing more on how its built not oredering evry part but the frame and assembling like another biker show.

And yes diesel bros was a stupid show!

Same here. I used to love those shows, and now I can't stand any of them. Every guy I know feels the same way, so I don't understand why they continue to make car shows full of fake drama. Leave the drama to the Kardashians and Real Housewives.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
My old truck can easily be put into an over fuel situation. But it's all on the driver. It's not exactly "rolling coal" but enough for a ticket...cutting it back isn't the answer, either.

Dan'l

floatn turd

Reaction score
Transgender???
Capture.PNG

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
Not sure why you're surprised. Hell you cant buy a single performance smog related part for a car in CA. No one will ship it to you as CARB has everybody by the balls. Not even "offroad use only" qualifies.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
That is exactly right....

And "I'll take everyone down with me" what a douche..... Clearly he wouldn't last long in the organized crime game....
A guy here in town used to either work for, or own a shop by them. He said they were nice guys when he had dealt with them. Now, that was also before TV fame, and Jeff(the guy I know) is a Mormon...if they are as well, he'd never say otherwise though.

As for the taking everyone down...fame may have distorted his reality. Just like Boyd got nailed for building 32 Fords and registering them. Sometimes a person will think they can't be caught. The government has better things to do. Maybe sometimes, but sometimes you hit the radar...and the party's over.

JD D05

Reaction score
A guy here in town used to either work for, or own a shop by them. He said they were nice guys when he had dealt with them. Now, that was also before TV fame, and Jeff(the guy I know) is a Mormon...if they are as well, he'd never say otherwise though.

As for the taking everyone down...fame may have distorted his reality. Just like Boyd got nailed for building 32 Fords and registering them. Sometimes a person will think they can't be caught. The government has better things to do. Maybe sometimes, but sometimes you hit the radar...and the party's over.

This has been going on for a long time. Shit prob 7 8 yrs ago now the EPA was after Edge and they tossed at least one other big shop under the bus.

About 4 years ago the diesel bros decided to complete in the callout challenge. It is an annual event etc where really the best in the game come to compete. Drag Race/Dyno/Sled Pull, I was in attendance and so was the Discovery Channel. It was hilarious because the diesel bros took last and basically couldn't even get the truck to go down the track. Than watching the discovery channel spin the whole deal and make up a flat out lie that the truck ran a 9 something the next day in a private session...Of course they don't show the run, they show there truck at 100 feet still not spooled up.

Here was the real talent.

Last edited:

wallnutz

Reaction score
I thought they settled awhile ago and part of the agreement is they wouldn't show or talk about modifying anything unless it was off road only. I don't know, I have only tried to watch that show a couple of times and just couldn't make it through.

JD D05

Reaction score
Not sure why you're surprised. Hell you cant buy a single performance smog related part for a car in CA. No one will ship it to you as CARB has everybody by the balls. Not even "offroad use only" qualifies.

CARB ya, diesel shops come up with some good products that have nothing to do with emissions but still have to be CARB approved. Guess who is on the board....Gale Banks.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
CARB ya, diesel shops come up with some good products that have nothing to do with emissions but still have to be CARB approved. Guess who is on the board....Gale Banks.

GB is on the CARB board???