WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Diesel Delete’s…Uh Oh

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Pretty soon the car makers are just going to weld the entire exhaust system on and you wont be able to separate or remove it without taking half the car apart or cutting it from the frame/body. They seriously hate the aftermarket industry and are doing their level best to destroy it by locking out ECUs, TCUs, have it hooked to OnStar mandatory so it can snitch on you, etc.

Brokeboatin221

Reaction score
The land on the free sure is changing for the worst..there are so many bigger issues facing our country than a "dirty" diesel. Stupid fucking nanny government 🤬🤬
Right! China laughs and plans as we bicker amongst ourselves like weak cry babies. EV anything can kiss my ass! Diesel runs this damn country! Change that and we’re screwed! Is fossil fuel really any worse than filling the earth with a bunch of dead batteries?

Jaycrash450

Reaction score
The article misses the point, people delete emissions because it causes so many problems. Reliability is the motivator, it’s so costly and annoying maintaining these new diesels.

One of many reasons I love my tow rig.…..12 valve swapped crew cab.….

Doesn't sacrifice much but a little noise and ride
D71597BF-79D8-41F1-96DE-C77F905547CE.jpeg

Last edited:

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
Pretty soon the car makers are just going to weld the entire exhaust system on and you wont be able to separate or remove it without taking half the car apart or cutting it from the frame/body. They seriously hate the aftermarket industry and are doing their level best to destroy it by locking out ECUs, TCUs, have it hooked to OnStar mandatory so it can snitch on you, etc.
That Sawzall is your friend buddy. That and why would you want to sell your pre Def truck to get it? Maybe I'm just the idiot guy who doesn't want to finance a truck that costs more than I owe on my house and will be a pile of shit before I can pay it off... Weird...

T frog

Reaction score
The article misses the point, people delete emissions because it causes so many problems. Reliability is the motivator, it’s so costly and annoying maintaining these new diesels.

Doesn't sacrifice much but a little noise and ride View attachment 1145293
Very nice!!

bonesfab

Reaction score

Doesn't sacrifice much but a little noise and ride View attachment 1145293
Nice truck. I have the same one with a cummins also.

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
How does a rapped ape run? Why does it run? Isnt an ape high on the food chain? Where you there to see it run? If not how can you compare?

🤡

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Ah yes, the Griner defense.

Ya got caught speeding, so quit yer bitchen, buy some parts and move on.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
You gotta be a moron to advertise the delete knowing the heat it's come under over the last couple of years. I see it often discussed on FB.
this when I bought my RV the add didn't say anything about a delete but the seller saw my area code and was concerned I couldn't register in that area code.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
How does a rapped ape run? Why does it run? Isnt an ape high on the food chain? Where you there to see it run? If not how can you compare?

🤡
Very fast, because if something was able to rape an ape, shit has hit the fan.

I was damn near thirty when I learned what the correct version of that phrase was.

JD D05

Reaction score
"Deleted" should now be stated as "gall bladder removed". It will be years before the dumbass .gov employees are able to figure it out..
We call it weight lose lol.

This is really easy keep the factory parts. Shut the engine off if you get pulled over, still highly unlikely the police would notice and don't advertise its deleted.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
"Deleted" should now be stated as "gall bladder removed". It will be years before the dumbass .gov employees are able to figure it out..
It called weight loss. “My truck attended a fat farm and came back with a significant weight loss.”

Backlash

Reaction score
I saw this shit coming a few years ago and dumped my 96 Dodge with the 12 valve. That truck had a giant turbo and a 5" pipe out the back. No cat, no muffler, no nothing! She sounded like a Santa Fe Railroad locomotive!! It was a beautiful sound!! I sold it for more than I paid, so I made out OK....but the pricing I see for similar trucks today is ridiculous!!!!! There are days I miss it.....

dribble

Reaction score
I really doesn’t help when you have morons driving these things. Coming back from the lake last week in the right lane on a four lane road, some assclown with a 2 inch dick in a Cummins dually passed me on the left and rolled coal all over my boat. Then did it to a couple on a motorcycle. These are the people that cry the loudest when the govt clamps down on their illegal mods. All I got to say about that is wah.

Bobby_329

Reaction score
Im just trying to find someone to smog mine, what a pain in the ass it is now. 👎

Ladsm

Reaction score
My old 2005 Dodge Cummins keeps getting better every time I here this crap. Dont touch anything plastic inside because it will crumble in your hand but it keep pulling the boat out of the water every weekend.

dread Pirate

Reaction score
I saw this shit coming a few years ago and dumped my 96 Dodge with the 12 valve. That truck had a giant turbo and a 5" pipe out the back. No cat, no muffler, no nothing! She sounded like a Santa Fe Railroad locomotive!! It was a beautiful sound!! I sold it for more than I paid, so I made out OK....but the pricing I see for similar trucks today is ridiculous!!!!! There are days I miss it.....

But a 96 is smog exempt,,, do whatever you want to it..

Backlash

Reaction score
I honestly wasn't driving the truck, and here in CA, the registration alone was $400 a year. That combined with insurance, replacing the batteries every other year, it just didn't make sense for me to keep it. 👍

dread Pirate

Reaction score
I honestly wasn't driving the truck, and here in CA, the registration alone was $400 a year. That combined with insurance, replacing the batteries every other year, it just didn't make sense for me to keep it. 👍

I get that. I have an Excursion and a couple F350's. 7.3 trucks. Pretty sure I'm over $2k a year in registration. I'm fortunate to live in a smog exempt count too. Only have to smog when I sell the vehicle.

Not that I would modify my trucks in any way of course,,, 🙃

Javajoe

Reaction score
Im just trying to find someone to smog mine, what a pain in the ass it is now. 👎
Mine was straight piped and the chick who bought it for her BF with her dads money called me a month later and asked if I ever had to smog it because she got a notice to do it and the shop she went to said…”Hey, you are missing a few items” lol. I told her it’s a new thing I guess to get it smogged.

Bobby_329

Reaction score
Mine was straight piped and the chick who bought it for her BF with her dads money called me a month later and asked if I ever had to smog it because she got a notice to do it and the shop she went to said…”Hey, you are missing a few items” lol. I told her it’s a new thing I guess to get it smogged.
I have always been able to get by the visual but i guess now they are plugging the older trucks in. I can register it in no smog county but just need one last smog lol

retaocleg

Reaction score
when they go all electric on trucks/semis, are we going to start seeing fast chargers on tow truck bodies?

the510

Reaction score
It does feel strange having my 7.3L Powerstroke listed….. making me rethink my options.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
I fear the days of any exempted vehicles is numbered.😕

The environmental wackos will work to make any modifications to any vehicle of any age illegal. They won’t care how many businesses they put out of business. “For the betterment of mankind “

Fuck’em😡

dribble

Reaction score

The environmental wackos will work to make any modifications to any vehicle of any age illegal. They won’t care how many businesses they put out of business. “For the betterment of mankind “

Fuck’em😡
First of all it is and always will be legal to modify a non-pollution controlled vehicle (pre 66 in CA and pre 68 in the other states). They cannot legally change that and they do realize that modifications to those vehicles tend to decrease emissions. They’re goin the other way on testing. The days of tailpipe testing in Ca are limited. They see no reduction of emissions in testing older cars as their population is dwindling and and their use is minimal. The BAR 97 analyzers and dynos are on their last leg. 12 years ago they scrapped plans for a new analyzer citing a decreasing non OBD II vehicle population. Right now the program requires testing for 1976 and newer vehicles. When the analyzers are done it will likely move to 1996 and newer.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score

Fuck’em😡
But letting in unchecked illegals just walk across the border and giving handfulls of hypodermic needles to junkies to just toss anywhere, and allowing homeless people to set up camp on any sidewalk is much better than a few cars that don’t meet EPA emissions certification?