WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Diesel truck repair in Phoenix

Your ad here

Reaction score
Any good shops or dealerships in the Phoenix area that work on Fords? The low pressure oil pump (also front seal) on my 7.3 started leaking. I know of Strictly Diesel but open to others.

fennaz

Reaction score
I take my 02’ F350, 7.3 to Rob Derman at Diesel Derminator, 602-570-1747 (Glendale, AZ). All he works on is the Ford diesels and specializes with the 7.3. He’s low key and doesn’t try to up sell extra stuff that’s not needed. If you go there, tell him Todd sent you his way.

Your ad here

Reaction score
So I did end up going to Strictly. 5,500 miles and looking good.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Strictly Diesel is good for Ford and Dodge. Used to go there when I had a 7.3 Excursion. Always a good experience. Duramax on the other hand would be better off at Copperhead Diesel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cdog

Reaction score
I called SD since they are in the N valley on a referral from a ford friend. They were freakin clueless on the head gasket process on a Duramax. Couldn't even quote me. Ended up talking to Sean over at Copperhead Diesel. That dude is real cool and helped me out. Gave me such good advice I took him a 30 pack of CL after I finished the shake down and needed a re cal on my VVT sensor.

For future reference if you have a Duramax call Sean (the owner) at Copperhead Diesel.

BONER

Reaction score
Good thread. I'm in Phoenix and shopping for a Diesel, and would need a shop to work on it.

Does Strictly and Copperhead know their shit when it comes to making more power?

JD D05

Reaction score
Good thread. I'm in Phoenix and shopping for a Diesel, and would need a shop to work on it.

Does Strictly and Copperhead know their shit when it comes to making more power?

I don't know about Copperhead...But I can tell you where to go based on the truck you get? What brand and year?

Cdog

Reaction score

For duramax hell yes. Sean personally races a duramax. Saw some dodge’s there too.

JD D05

Reaction score
Going back and forth, Man. I like all 3 of em.

If you want the best you get H&S motorsports product. My good friend owns it. Fleece is hard to beat for the Duramax.

BONER

Reaction score
They don't tune anymore...I am talking hard parts. For tuning you go EZ Lynk for Ford.

EFI Live for Duramax?

Who turns out the good Tunes these days for the Dodges?

JD D05

Reaction score
EFI Live for Duramax?

Who turns out the good Tunes these days for the Dodges?

Keep in mind EFI is just the platform. There are a few good tuners for them...Dodge EZ also they do 2011 and up.

Your ad here

Reaction score
Good! Next time you see or talk to Dennis (the owner) say "FD" says hi!
What I gathered is ITP Diesel merged with Strictly. Dennis runs the performance side and the other guy runs the shop.
I called SD since they are in the N valley on a referral from a ford friend. They were freakin clueless on the head gasket process on a Duramax. Couldn't even quote me. Ended up talking to Sean over at Copperhead Diesel. That dude is real cool and helped me out. Gave me such good advice I took him a 30 pack of CL after I finished the shake down and needed a re cal on my VVT sensor.

For future reference if you have a Duramax call Sean (the owner) at Copperhead Diesel.
I was having some trouble to. Called and explained the oil leak. LPOP leak out of main pulley. Can it be done in a day and can I be a waiter? It threw them for a loop. I, as a customer had to take control of what I needed done. They did it and no leaks. My truck is a service truck and can't be parked for more than a day. They weren't catching on to that even though I told them. I would use them again but am open to other shops but it was the same thing at those shops to.

BONER

Reaction score
I'm tagging @Hullbilly because this Thread can go places, and he seems to have the real world data on the 6.0's....

JD D05

Reaction score
I'm tagging @Hullbilly because this Thread can go places, and he seems to have the real world data on the 6.0's....

Here is a couple cool vids from some of the wilder stuff H&S does.

Last edited:

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
H&S got their ass kicked by the EPA as did Edge products, both from Utah I believe. IdahoRob from Boise at ATP trucks also got nabbed by the EPA and does not sell tuning or delete products anymore either. DuramaxTuner/MotorOps are good EFILive and/or EZLynk tuners for Duramax and I believe Dodge and Ford as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hullbilly

Reaction score
Any of you guys done or known anyone that did a v10/cummins swap?

I’m really thinking its the way to go with my excursion. I’d rather dump the money there rather than regear both axles.

Your ad here

Reaction score
I take my 02’ F350, 7.3 to Rob Derman at Diesel Derminator, 602-570-1747 (Glendale, AZ). All he works on is the Ford diesels and specializes with the 7.3. He’s low key and doesn’t try to up sell extra stuff that’s not needed. If you go there, tell him Todd sent you his way.
I know this is an old post but thanks for the referral to Diesel Derminator. The oil cooler on my 7.3 started leaking Sunday. I'm working by Rob so I drop the truck off this past Monday afternoon and he had it fixed Tuesday afternoon. Shop isn't fancy and he speaks his mind but gave me a good price, did the work, and all is good 600 miles later. I'll be going back to him for future work.

Last edited: