WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Direct tv or sudden link cable or Dish

Hardly Satisfied

Riverside, CA & Havasu
Reaction score
Who's everyone using for there Tv provider. We have sudden link and now And have Direct tv here in our house here in riverside ca.

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
Depends.

Dish tends to be the cheapest of all the providers but they're also known for losing channels on a fairly regular basis.

DirecTV provides the best picture quality. DirecTV does not compress their signal as much as most cable operators and Dish do. DirecTV also has the NFL ticket. If you have a magic box this isn't an issue.

I don't know a lot about Suddenlink but cable companies can provide better value if you bundle Cable TV and Cable internet especially when you start getting into the really big internet packages.

If you have a fast internet connection a Magic Box and an OTA antenna will do incredibly well. You can also usually get a low end cable package included with your cable internet for no extra charge.

USMC2010

Reaction score
Depends.

Dish tends to be the cheapest of all the providers but they're also known for losing channels on a fairly regular basis.

DirecTV provides the best picture quality. DirecTV does not compress their signal as much as most cable operators and Dish do. DirecTV also has the NFL ticket. If you have a magic box this isn't an issue.

I don't know a lot about Suddenlink but cable companies can provide better value if you bundle Cable TV and Cable internet especially when you start getting into the really big internet packages.

If you have a fast internet connection a Magic Box and an OTA antenna will do incredibly well. You can also usually get a low end cable package included with your cable internet for no extra charge.
:thumbsup

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
Direct TV for viewing and Suddenlink for phone and internet.

What's nice about DTV is, if you have it at your main home you can just install a dish at your vacation/river home or on your RV, bring a receiver from home, and have TV there, for no extra charge. You might not getlocal channels or the special stuff, like PPV or sports packages, but you'll have all the basic and premium channels you have at home.

STV_Keith

Reaction score
Just received my Renegade RG6 Pro (Magic Box) this week. At this point, it looks like I can get anything/everything and will be cancelling DTV and Netflix this month, saving me $107/month after the most recent DTV rate increase. Pays for the box in 4 months.

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
Will HD antenna work for local channels in havasu . Anyone using them.

Hardly Satisfied

Riverside, CA & Havasu
Reaction score
Direct TV for viewing and Suddenlink for phone and internet.

What's nice about DTV is, if you have it at your main home you can just install a dish at your vacation/river home or on your RV, bring a receiver from home, and have TV there, for no extra charge. You might not getlocal channels or the special stuff, like PPV or sports packages, but you'll have all the basic and premium channels you have at home.

I was thinking about bringing them from home when we go up to havasu, but who can I get to install a dish on my roof for my direct tv ??

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score

I use an antenna for tv in Havasu and netflix for other stuff. Picture is real good just have to aim it at the mountain next to 95 going north out of town.

2Driver

Reaction score
I was thinking about bringing them from home when we go up to havasu, but who can I get to install a dish on my roof for my direct tv ??

Easy

Call DTV (assuming you have it at home). Select the moving dept. tell them you are moving to the river house. They will show up and equip your house for free. Let them know you will tell them when the move takes place then just leave the account as is.

We carry our dtv box to the river and have had free tv since we bought the place.

USMC2010

Reaction score
Yes and I get 29 channels with only Fox being duplicated HD and SD so technically 28. Some stations are in HD but not all. Channels that can be received over the air are listed here, expand the links for the sub channels.
http://www.rabbitears.info/market.php?mktid=402
This website is great, you can look pretty much any city and see what is available on antenna.