Reaction score
My 2023 Ktm 350xcf Factory Edition

Attachments

• 20221028_105032.jpg
    20221028_105032.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 41

GreenEnergy28

Reaction score
Sadly both my YZ 450 and my YZ 250 2smoker have been sitting in the trailer for over a year now. Tore my bicep tendon last summer and didn’t get the surgery to fix it until last October… Hoping to get some riding in soon now that I’m getting my arm strength back.

Xring01

Reaction score
Likely a 2017-19 ktm 300 in my future.

Looking forward to getting back on a bike
Do your research on the fuel injected two strokes, before you buy one..
The first generations had some problems…

Thats a key reason why I kept my 2013 for so long. Carbs are far more reliable…

I think KTM is ditching fuel injection 2 strokes next year, and going back to carbs…

Cdog

Reaction score
Do your research on the fuel injected two strokes, before you buy one..
The first generations had some problems…

Thats a key reason why I kept my 2013 for so long. Carbs are far more reliable…

I think KTM is ditching fuel injection 2 strokes next year, and going back to carbs…
Yeah a good friend who has a 300 gave me the DL on the carb deal. I think it’s 2020 when they went to efi & had issues

yz450mm

Reaction score
Sadly, the two wheel toys sit dormant a lot more than the four-wheeled ones. I have it in my heart to start riding the bikes more, but after hitting 40 I realize more than ever that I'm not indestructible. Having to buy new gear or have the suspension redone for another 25 lbs isn't helping either...
20221110_191637.jpg
20221110_191525.jpg

v6toy4x

Reaction score
Sadly, the two wheel toys sit dormant a lot more than the four-wheeled ones. I have it in my heart to start riding the bikes more, but after hitting 40 I realize more than ever that I'm not indestructible. Having to buy new gear or have the suspension redone for another 25 lbs isn't helping either...
View attachment 1171094 View attachment 1171095
You need a bigger garage!

v6toy4x

Reaction score
You sir have great taste in motorcycles! Now I know why I can’t find and blue billet parts for mine. If you ever need another stock tank somehow I ended up with two!
Just added these to round out the "blue"

Screenshot 2022-11-10 at 21-07-15 Amazon.com Genuine Yamaha By Cycra Factory ProBend CRM Rack ...png

hman442

Reaction score
My good 'ol DRZ400S. I decided to put new graphics on it a couple years ago and didn't like skulls, clowns, skulls, ads for Red Bull, skulls, dice, or skulls. So,I ordered these. The Mrs. looks at it, says, " Oh, we're having a little mid life are we?" At 62, I'm way more conservative than back when. I've always had a dirt bike, since my Mini Trail at age 8. I'm trying to get my old riding buddy geared up and in shape to do a "back roads of Idaho or Wahington" type week long ride.
20220212_152243.jpg

svlperry

Reaction score
sweet iron head man! My dad has a 70 that he bought from Swede Savage when he was a kid. He rebuilt it in his parents garage. He still has it and its about as clean as they come.

I have a 78 Shovel that i've had for 12 years or so.
Swede is my uncle

hman442

Reaction score
I just turned 59 and still have a blast on my RM 250 What a rush when it hits the power band !
I still had my 1979 CR250 when I was about 43 or so. I hadn't rode in a couple years, and signed up for this poker run deal. Well, we all know how those turn into a "race". That CR power band was essentially like a toggle switch - goes from two stroke burbling to 110% power in half a second. I rode, I crashed, I did the 'ol "jump up and look around to see if anyone saw me, jumped back on and zoomed off while still seeing stars!" I got back to my truck, it was just starting to rain, got in turned on the heater and pretty much curled up into the fetal position! Decided then, that my two stroke power band days were over. The next week bought a DR350 4 stroke with a Powroll 420 kit - hauls ass, but steady and smooth power band, like a tractor. Cold starting that beast.... that's a story in itself.

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
Here's my "sort of" dirt bike. 1975 Yamaha XS650 turned into a scrambler / street tracker. It won't do hard core dirt stuff but is a blast tearing around on the dirt roads we have around here.

IMG_1062.JPG

grumpy88

Reaction score
My good 'ol DRZ400S. I decided to put new graphics on it a couple years ago and didn't like skulls, clowns, skulls, ads for Red Bull, skulls, dice, or skulls. So,I ordered these. The Mrs. looks at it, says, " Oh, we're having a little mid life are we?" At 62, I'm way more conservative than back when. I've always had a dirt bike, since my Mini Trail at age 8. I'm trying to get my old riding buddy geared up and in shape to do a "back roads of Idaho or Wahington" type week long ride.
View attachment 1171113
Much nicer then skulls !

Nordie

Reaction score
Thanks for the reminder that I needed to order a clutch basket. I got all weird about buying guns and ammo that I forgot the bike needs attention.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
View attachment 1171113
you want to trade for a Grom?

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Loved the time I spent riding moto! Best bang for the buck imo. Currently, I have a fused left foot, 3rd degree shoulder separation that Dr. says he can't fix and 2 bad knees. Not complaining, I'd do it all over again, but I don't get out and moto much anymore.
IMG_4426.JPG

DSC08035 - Copy (2).JPG

DSC07745.JPG

1032425_618.jpg

DSC05480.JPG

DSC06089.JPG

MMsticker 2.jpg

Xring01

Reaction score
View attachment 1171176

Dad is giving me his 1980 465. It hasn't been started since mid 80's. Need to get it out of his garage and get it running!
OMG…. What a Flashback moment…
Good luck starting that fucker… Please ask me how I know..

When I was 13 years old… one of my buddys dad had this bike. He told us, if you can start it, you can ride it… an

There was about 8-10 of us, trying to start that bastared for over an hour.. sweating balls… it just couldn‘t be done. His dad was watching us from the house, laughing his ass off…

Finally, a light bulb came on in my noggin… Hey Patrick… go get your 4 wheeler…. I promise, we drug that bike about a 1/2 mile before it finally came to life… OHHH HELLL YA!….

His dad imediately regretted that… Cause we rode the shit out of it…

But as far as I know… that was the only fucking way to start that bike… DRAG IT WITH A 4 WHEELER… I dont think we ever got it started by kicking it over… I mean years later… when we are 16 years old, we still couldnt get it to start by kicking it.

BTW… that bike is notorious for being difficult to start.. Which is why I think they didnt make many of them. OHHH be extremely carefull with the fuel tank. Its practically irreplaceable. The plastics back then got extremely brittle and crack. About 10 years ago, my employee did a frame up restoration on a 1979 YZ250 and the gas tank was the most difficult thing. If it cracks, its a bitch to fix, and very difficult to repace.

But being 13 years old,,, and bragging you rode Yammy 465… gave you some serious street cred. LOL…

Last edited:

Moabifam5

Reaction score
Some of this really brings back memories. Been a fan of the Orange brand since mid 70's. First KTM was a Penton 175, with a KTM black motor. What I wouldn't give to still have that bike. After both shoulders and hip replacement, sticking with a cage. Prepping the 450 EXc for sale last one to go ....

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I still had my 1979 CR250 when I was about 43 or so. I hadn't rode in a couple years, and signed up for this poker run deal. Well, we all know how those turn into a "race". That CR power band was essentially like a toggle switch - goes from two stroke burbling to 110% power in half a second. I rode, I crashed, I did the 'ol "jump up and look around to see if anyone saw me, jumped back on and zoomed off while still seeing stars!" I got back to my truck, it was just starting to rain, got in turned on the heater and pretty much curled up into the fetal position! Decided then, that my two stroke power band days were over. The next week bought a DR350 4 stroke with a Powroll 420 kit - hauls ass, but steady and smooth power band, like a tractor. Cold starting that beast.... that's a story in itself.
Then do yourself a favor (or dont, depending on how you look at it)....... Throw a leg over a KTM/Husky/GasGas 300 2 stroke sometime. Super linear powerband, unbelievably light, more nimble than anything you have rode in your life, and a push button start! My old man got too tired of his 450x kicking his ass on the trail and picking it up was becoming quiet the chore so, he picked up a Husky 300. He's like a whole new rider now. I took it on a few rides last new years and I could not believe how great that bike is.

mothershipper

Reaction score
I have the cheapo 450 I bought, and I'm trying to relive my 20s. Here's some old ones
View attachment 1171318 View attachment 1171319 View attachment 1171320 View attachment 1171321 View attachment 1171322
I probably know you seeing that you raced in 06'. I was the race referee for MRAN from 2002-5/ 12-15 and helped out alot afterwards. I also helped Mitch Canepa put on the Searchlight GP for many years until he called it quits in 14'. I had a 73' Ford box van primered grey with Mothership spray painted across the top - hence the name mothershipper on here. That race in Caliente that year was fun.

mothershipper

Reaction score
and you go and post up the Bultaco for the win. What is that, a 1972 250 Purs

I have the cheapo 450 I bought, and I'm trying to relive my 20s. Here's some old ones
View attachment 1171318 View attachment 1171319 View attachment 1171320 View attachment 1171321 View attachment 1171322
Just looked at the results from the 2 races you posted pics of. You got 3rd 4stroke amatuer in both ( Caliente and Searchlight). There were a lot of entries back then so that's a great finish. My club, the Bushwackers still does a night race in Searchlight every year. That Cresent Peak HS you have a pic of kicked my ass, I ended up DNFing. There were over 220 entries for the big bikes that race. Now we are lucky to break 120 total riders for a race, including mini's. Thanks for the pics, brings back some cool memories.

Nordie

Reaction score
Just looked at the results from the 2 races you posted pics of. You got 3rd 4stroke amatuer in both ( Caliente and Searchlight). There were a lot of entries back then so that's a great finish. My club, the Bushwackers still does a night race in Searchlight every year. That Cresent Peak HS you have a pic of kicked my ass, I ended up DNFing. There were over 220 entries for the big bikes that race. Now we are lucky to break 120 total riders for a race, including mini's. Thanks for the pics, brings back some cool memories.

Most of the races I was just hanging on lol. Caliente was my favorite race ever, I'd race that again lol!!!

Searchlight kicked my ass, I popped the clutch jumping over the tractor tires, and in old fashioned 4 stroke hot start, I sat there and kicked for atleast 5 mins. I was gassed after that. I never even bothered to look at the results of Searchlight I thought I did that bad.

Crescent Peak was my first race ever, I didn't mind it at all. Now Alamo kicked my ass, Hell's Half Acre I think they call it.