WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Disneyland Suicide

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Sad news. I guess he had way too many demons.

A man in his 50s jumped to his death from a parking structure at Disneyland on Saturday, Anaheim police confirm to Eyewitness News.
The incident was reported around 9 p.m. Police were on scene and some services were disrupted at the park.
A number of Disneyland guests reported via Twitter and calls to the Eyewitness News newsroom that trams were shut down at the park and people were walking back to their vehicles.
Police say the Orange County coroner's office is also responding to the scene.
No additional details were immediately available.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Sad to hear of this and sorry for those who saw it

Last edited:

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
We knew some employees, they said this happens more frequently than folks think.

It's been a few years, but they said internally they called them tinkerbells...so if a radio call went out announcing a tinkerbell, everyone knew what it was, but it wouldnt alarm guests if they happened to hear it.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
I don’t get why someone would think “oh I’ll go ruin some kids lives by having them see my bloody carcass on their Disneyland trip!” Like go out into the mountains and do it or something. At least do the world a favor not having to deal with your dumb ass.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
I don’t get why someone would think “oh I’ll go ruin some kids lives by having them see my bloody carcass on their Disneyland trip!” Like go out into the mountains and do it or something. At least do the world a favor not having to deal with your dumb ass.
I think in as simple way as I can put it. They aren’t thinking straight to begin with let alone how it might affect their own family or others. It’s about the instant peace they feel they will get by it just being over.
But I also totally get what you are saying.
Still sad all the way around.

grumpy88

Reaction score
I saw it a few months ago down town las vegas . Apparently it happens a lot in parking structures. The hospital near me has the garage fully gated to prevent it . Very sad

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Looks like a domestic dispute that went too far. He posted this on his FB.

"I hate when people leave this Earth with so many unanswered questions. So, I hope this provides some insight and perspective…

This is my wife, Marlena. Yes, you heard me correctly. Most of you don’t know this but we privately married 3 ½ years ago. Marlena and I love and adore each other and our relationship has been amazing…up until recently. Unfortunately, two weeks ago she and I got into a heated argument at home in front of the girls. Tempers were flared and strong words were exchanged between us. However, never in this exchange did I hit, slap, or hurt Marlena in any manner. Nor did I ever touch the girls (I never have and never will). I love the girls like my own and they know that, as does everyone else who truly knows me.

Unfortunately, Marlena’s anger got the best of her that night and she called the police, which landed me in jail that night. Yes, me! A man who has never hit or harmed ANYONE in his life! I think it’s safe to say that Marlena truly regrets making that call, because the events of that night have completely unraveled both of our lives. I am on the brink of losing my job, as I am out on administrative leave until my case is “resolved.” However, the legal system is extremely flawed (especially against men/fathers) and it’s sickening how quickly and easily an innocent man can be thrown in jail based on zero evidence or proof! In fact, take a look at the attached screenshots of Marlena’s message to my friend about the matter. She too, had no intention on having that night come this far. She knows I would never hurt her or the girls and she, too, has been trying to clear my name with little success. Again, the legal system is deeply flawed, to say the least!

So, here I am…writing my final FB post to all of you. I need you all to know that a gentle, kind, loving and sincerely good man has been destroyed by one unfortunate night. It really is unfortunate! This is NOT me! This is NOT something that I ever thought would happen to me.

With all of this said, I have truly loved educating and leading thousands of students and families as a principal in FVSD for the past 21+ years. I have made so many wonderful connections with families over the years and those who know me closely know how much I cared for my students, staff and families. Please remember me for all the good I brought to the world of education.

To all of my musician friends…thank you! Thank you for performing with me over the past 30 years! We have had a blast performing all over and creating such fond memories together. Music has been a wonderful outlet for me, as it has allowed me to have a “different & creative” world outside of my “day job” as a principal. I am sad to say that last night was my final performance! However, it went very well and I am proud that my final performance was a success. I have always loved performing, especially during the holiday season. I am going to miss it dearly!

There is so much more I want to say, but I am going to spend the rest of today reaching out to those closest to me to let them know how much I love them. This is not an ideal way to go out, but at least I get a chance to say some final words to those who I love and adore.

Take care everyone. Please, please, please be kind to one another! Treat each other with kindness and grace. There is too much anger in the world and people need to start treating each other better. What I’ve shared with you above is a prime example of how “anger” can really have long-lasting and extremely damaging effects on a person’s life".

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Years ago neighbor blew brains out in his garage. The guy actually had decency to purchase 4x8 sheet plywood. Placed plywood against wall,blanket on floor sat down on his small wooden stool and got it done.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Not related to the topic of this unfortunate thread…
With a high number of firearm related suicides among the elderly, I think it’s also a form of euthanasia of sorts.

If I was 80 and diagnosed with Alzheimer’s, I’d probably consider taking myself out while I still had my faculties.

The flip side of that argument, is that life insurance won’t payout for suicide.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score

"I hate when people leave this Earth with so many unanswered questions. So, I hope this provides some insight and perspective…

This is my wife, Marlena. Yes, you heard me correctly. Most of you don’t know this but we privately married 3 ½ years ago. Marlena and I love and adore each other and our relationship has been amazing…up until recently. Unfortunately, two weeks ago she and I got into a heated argument at home in front of the girls. Tempers were flared and strong words were exchanged between us. However, never in this exchange did I hit, slap, or hurt Marlena in any manner. Nor did I ever touch the girls (I never have and never will). I love the girls like my own and they know that, as does everyone else who truly knows me.

Unfortunately, Marlena’s anger got the best of her that night and she called the police, which landed me in jail that night. Yes, me! A man who has never hit or harmed ANYONE in his life! I think it’s safe to say that Marlena truly regrets making that call, because the events of that night have completely unraveled both of our lives. I am on the brink of losing my job, as I am out on administrative leave until my case is “resolved.” However, the legal system is extremely flawed (especially against men/fathers) and it’s sickening how quickly and easily an innocent man can be thrown in jail based on zero evidence or proof! In fact, take a look at the attached screenshots of Marlena’s message to my friend about the matter. She too, had no intention on having that night come this far. She knows I would never hurt her or the girls and she, too, has been trying to clear my name with little success. Again, the legal system is deeply flawed, to say the least!

So, here I am…writing my final FB post to all of you. I need you all to know that a gentle, kind, loving and sincerely good man has been destroyed by one unfortunate night. It really is unfortunate! This is NOT me! This is NOT something that I ever thought would happen to me.

With all of this said, I have truly loved educating and leading thousands of students and families as a principal in FVSD for the past 21+ years. I have made so many wonderful connections with families over the years and those who know me closely know how much I cared for my students, staff and families. Please remember me for all the good I brought to the world of education.

To all of my musician friends…thank you! Thank you for performing with me over the past 30 years! We have had a blast performing all over and creating such fond memories together. Music has been a wonderful outlet for me, as it has allowed me to have a “different & creative” world outside of my “day job” as a principal. I am sad to say that last night was my final performance! However, it went very well and I am proud that my final performance was a success. I have always loved performing, especially during the holiday season. I am going to miss it dearly!

There is so much more I want to say, but I am going to spend the rest of today reaching out to those closest to me to let them know how much I love them. This is not an ideal way to go out, but at least I get a chance to say some final words to those who I love and adore.

Take care everyone. Please, please, please be kind to one another! Treat each other with kindness and grace. There is too much anger in the world and people need to start treating each other better. What I’ve shared with you above is a prime example of how “anger” can really have long-lasting and extremely damaging effects on a person’s life".
That's a hard read when you know the outcome and the finality of it all. Yes, it is a "selfish" act. It is also a permanent solution to what may be temporary problems. No one can truly see through another's eyes, and certainly cannot feel their pain...nor can we ease it.

This man had watched his whole life's work be stripped of him in a matter of weeks. As an educator, any allegations involving children, false or real, can end your career. Musicians are artists, and any artist of skill has an emotional drive to their work.

Do I agree with what he did, or how? No.
I can understand it though. Life is the hardest test we face. How we deal with the struggles is what ends up defining who we are.

Rest in Peace:(

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Big time bummer and so selfish.
Sucks if it was all just over a heated argument w/ his chick.
I guess he was from my area . . . makes it extra gnarly when You're such a prominent person in the community and it effects so many.
RIP & prayers to his family, friends & loved ones.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score

🤔

boatpi

Reaction score
He was a principal fountain Valley school, District high school, but I think it’s in Huntington Beach actually and may have been facing some serious child related charges. Probably going to see something in newsprint pretty soon on this. It’s in a local Huntington Beach Facebook now.

Seems like there’s always a reason.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Life is definitely suffering. Unfortunate he chose to end it all. He sounds like a decent man that couldn’t deal with his life unraveling in a matter of days.

Meaning of life is seeking out your greatest burden; and then bearing it. Some just can’t to do that sometimes.

Sad….

boatpi

Reaction score
Just found this he was doing court tomorrow.
D9B9A647-6019-4683-B0C4-24BA6845A478.png

sirbob

Reaction score
So sad in many ways...

May the family find peace and he live in eternal bliss.

The fact that people think to kill themselves is one thing - but to see somebody (that if his FB post is all true and correct) has 1 legal problem with the truth on this side and can't grit through it is terribly sad to me.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
That's a hard read when you know the outcome and the finality of it all. Yes, it is a "selfish" act. It is also a permanent solution to what may be temporary problems. No one can truly see through another's eyes, and certainly cannot feel their pain...nor can we ease it.

This man had watched his whole life's work be stripped of him in a matter of weeks. As an educator, any allegations involving children, false or real, can end your career. Musicians are artists, and any artist of skill has an emotional drive to their work.

Do I agree with what he did, or how? No.
I can understand it though. Life is the hardest test we face. How we deal with the struggles is what ends up defining who we are.

Rest in Peace:(
This was a really hard read. When I made comments in my 35 years about tough times. I was at this man’s point. I truly thought it would better for everyone if I wasn’t in the picture. I’m in tears right now but at least I’m here to have tears. Luckily not only for me but my family especially. I realized the selfishness. The finality of certain actions. Sometimes you just hit the darkest of darkest spots and can’t rationally see the other side. I’m am so blessed I woke up saw the other side before doing something so final.
Wow. I never thought I’d share anything like on public forum. But for some reason this hit me hard. Especially reading his last post.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
This was a really hard read. When I made comments in my 35 years about tough times. I was at this man’s point. I truly thought it would better for everyone if I wasn’t in the picture. I’m in tears right now but at least I’m here to have tears. Luckily not only for me but my family especially. I realized the selfishness. The finality of certain actions. Sometimes you just hit the darkest of darkest spots and can’t rationally see the other side. I’m am so blessed I woke up saw the other side before doing something so final.
Wow. I never thought I’d share anything like on public forum. But for some reason this hit me hard. Especially reading his last post.
Unless one has been truly at their breaking point, they cannot understand. Sometimes it takes darkness to see the light. Some, unfortunately, never get there. Others are never subject to the feeling, and thus will never understand. Not understanding is something to be thankful for, but so is being around to understand.

wallnutz

Reaction score

This right here is why the suicide helpline is there. But sadly getting someone to call in their darkest hour is almost impossible.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
100% What a shitbag.

bonesfab

Reaction score
Wow that’s a pretty fucked up deal, What he said about the cops and courts is 100% true. A friend I know almost ended it over financial problems. Made it through and then gets child abuse charges against his 1 year old twin daughters within a year. All she did is make the accusation and his life went to shit. He has been dealing with it going on 5 years. basicall ends up she was drugging him and since he didn’t kill himself she went the next best thing. Just sad how many men have been through similar situations.

Music to my Ears

Conducting Beautiful Music
Reaction score
That FB post hits hard. I began to tear up reading it. Sad deal. Particularly when he spoke of music and performing. Hope he wasn’t a close friend of yours.
This has been a sad day for sure and I appreciate the many kind and thoughtful comments that I’ve read here. I didn‘t know Chris personally but I knew his family and many of my musicians friends knew him as an extremely kind person and a great musician. I believe we performed in the same show at Disney for several years in the 90’s. His father Jim Christensen was the 2nd director of the Disneyland Band in the late 60’s. I was the 6th director - it’s a small club. I spoke at his fathers funeral service a couple years ago where all of the family was there. I can’t speak to what Chris was going through nor do I wish to speculate. But I do know that as we get older (62 for me) we all seem to have a family member, a friend, or an acquaintance that have gone down this path. I wish I knew or had answers. So at this point, I can only pray for comfort and peace for his family and share the suicide hotline number. It’s probably not enough, but it’s a start. #SuicideAwareness call 988.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
100% What a shitbag.
Oh I get the anger. Believe me. I’m also at the happiest point in my life. Wife wise. Kids wise. Grandkids wise. Well work is work lol. But I am so appreciative more so than ever. And look back and think what if. Seriously. What if. I’m a lucky one. I wish more were lucky like me.

Again I totally get your anger and that selfish ass way of thinking. Sometimes it’s just not simple.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
MTMEs, Thank you for your informative and thoughtful post. Prayers and condolences for his family and friends. I was writing a PM to you when your post came up. The OC professional musician’s world can be amazingly small. Along with RDP, that’s how we connected. Hope all’s well with you and your family.

TimeBandit

Reaction score
With a high number of firearm related suicides among the elderly, I think it’s also a form of euthanasia of sorts.

If I was 80 and diagnosed with Alzheimer’s, I’d probably consider taking myself out while I still had my faculties.

The flip side of that argument, is that life insurance won’t payout for suicide.
Life Insurance will pay. Usually there's a one or two year waiting period But it pays if all your premiums are up to date, check your policy.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Oh I get the anger. Believe me. I’m also at the happiest point in my life. Wife wise. Kids wise. Grandkids wise. Well work is work lol. But I am so appreciative more so than ever. And look back and think what if. Seriously. What if. I’m a lucky one. I wish more were lucky like me.

Again I totally get your anger and that selfish ass way of thinking. Sometimes it’s just not simple.
Couldn’t care less about what his deal was. When you go to a place where thousands and thousands of little kids and families go to escape stuff like this and splatter yourself where they could see it…I have no sympathy. I’m really hoping he did it away from everyone, but it doesn’t sound like it.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Couldn’t care less about what his deal was. When you go to a place where thousands and thousands of little kids and families go to escape stuff like this and splatter yourself where they could see it…I have no sympathy. I’m really hoping he did it away from everyone, but it doesn’t sound like it.
Enjoy your holidays.
Hope you never turn on these kinds of really bad times. If you do. I hope and I mean I truly hope you pull through it.
And again I have been in your mindset and anger about being selfish and fuck them. So I do understand. Just saying.

Last edited:

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Interesting to read some of the MNM reports now coming out about this tragedy. Some felt a need to include the recent shake up in Disney Inc management. WTF?! I’m sure the now apparent unbearable burden carried by this man had absolutely nothing to do with the D’land upper corporate management. Some aren’t nearly as important as they and the MNM think they are. In any case, 5 kids will be without a Dad this Christmas. Each of us have our own weaknesses, faults and burdens and each of us deal with them in our own ways. There’s some good already from this thread. Kurt’s post informing us of 988. Who knew that hotline even existed?

Last edited:

boatpi

Reaction score
FYI;
This is a record two years for police officers committing suicide. For those that are not aware, you have this;

Taboma

Reaction score

If our modern society would wake the f*ck up to the "Forced to live" archaic cruelty being perpetrated toward our aging boomers, and look beyond forcing their puritan religious doctrines down our throats, just maybe they'd realize, we'd much prefer to leave with a shred of our dignity left intact.

But NO, between the Puritan idealistic "GOD" Thumpers and a medical system hell bent on sucking every last penny out of us before we're allowed to leave, we're forced into being reduced to helpless adult-infants shitting in our beds and being abused by even our own children who end up hating us.

For fuck's sake, give us a VR headset playing our greatest hits, racing the Catalina Ski race, or Fantasy Weekend with Monique, then drug us into oblivion and let us leave with a smile or impish grin plastered on our faces ---- Why can't we leave WHEN WE WANT ?

Because the rulers of the peoples long ago decided if they made taking one's own life a mortal sin, they wouldn't have their slave labor all killing themselves ? You believe what you want, but that folks is exactly what I believe and I believe the Succubus's that rule today's medical community use that in the same manner to this day.

TimeBandit

Reaction score
When my dad was 81 he was on the cusp of needing to go to a nursing home because he couldn't take care of himself. Blind in one eye from shingles, ongoing cancer and other medical treatments, completely deaf in both ears, couldn't walk without a walker...

A good friend of his from college set him up with a nitrogen tank and mask and he ended it.

Apparently that's a painless way to go.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
It's one thing to want to end your own life privately and with dignity.

It's confusing to think that a guy who spent his whole life working with kids, would end his life This way.

Far more questions than answers here. ☹️

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I'm not quite as energetic about the subject as @Taboma , but I can see an "exit strategy" being the case. My take on religion is different than the aforementioned "God Thumper"...In fact, my view is now more that of the forgotten Hippocratic Oath...do no harm. If I'm on my way out, I've no need to be a burden on my kin. Turn me loose in the mountains, and let nature take it's course.

As for everyone's opinion of how, and why, everyone else will think about the subject through their own minds. Everyone's view of reality is their own. Anger, depression, pain...all of these in some way can distort your perception of reality. It may only be perception, but in every way conceivable, it is real. We may all share the same reality, but that doesn't mean we see the same things, or will make the same choices.