WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Disneyland Suicide

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Shared this before, but might be worth sharing again.
I was a Reserve FF years ago, went on a suicide call.
Young Gall, mid 20's, cute, nice apartment, super clean.
Took pills.
Paid all her bills & laid them out. Shut-off all utilities.
Had everything packed.
Left all her bank stuff out on the kitchen counter.
Vet stuff for her cat w/ the cat food laid out nicely, w/ notes on how to care for it.
She had left books about 'how to commit suicide', on a table with post-it notes on the pages telling everyone how she felt / relating to different chapters.
Pretty much sounded like her boyfriend made her feel like shit, calling her fat & stuff.
When her Mom showed up & started whaling, . . . that REALLY SUCKED.

Can't ever really understand what goes on in other people's heads . . . just gotta be there & supportive whenever we can.

4Waters

Reaction score
Shared this before, but might be worth sharing again.
I was a Reserve FF years ago, went on a suicide call.
Young Gall, mid 20's, cute, nice apartment, super clean.
Took pills.
Paid all her bills & laid them out. Shut-off all utilities.
Had everything packed.
Left all her bank stuff out on the kitchen counter.
Vet stuff for her cat w/ the cat food laid out nicely, w/ notes on how to care for it.
She had left books about 'how to commit suicide', on a table with post-it notes on the pages telling everyone how she felt / relating to different chapters.
Pretty much sounded like her boyfriend made her feel like shit, calling her fat & stuff.
When her Mom showed up & started whaling, . . . that REALLY SUCKED.

Can't ever really understand what goes on in other people's heads . . . just gotta be there & supportive whenever we can.
A mother's whail is something I will never forget, went on a call where mom called from her daughters house because her daughter (30's) was barricaded in her room and wouldn't answer her, we kicked the door in and found her in the bathroom dead (OD), the first and only time that I was tasked with telling family that there was nothing we could do, broke my heart having to tell a mom that her daughter was dead, crying as I type this.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
A mother's whail is something I will never forget, went on a call where mom called from her daughters house because her daughter (30's) was barricaded in her room and wouldn't answer her, we kicked the door in and found her in the bathroom dead (OD), the first and only time that I was tasked with telling family that there was nothing we could do, broke my heart having to tell a mom that her daughter was dead, crying as I type this.
Omg. Just went through this less than 2 months ago were a friends son OD’d. It’s friggen heartbreaking. And there is nothing g you can do but be there for them. 😞

Last edited:

PlanB

Reaction score
When my dad was 81 he was on the cusp of needing to go to a nursing home because he couldn't take care of himself. Blind in one eye from shingles, ongoing cancer and other medical treatments, completely deaf in both ears, couldn't walk without a walker...

A good friend of his from college set him up with a nitrogen tank and mask and he ended it.

Apparently that's a painless way to go.
I responded to a lot of suicides when I was a cop. Many were like you describe above and I totally understand it. The worst ones were kids that killed themselves over shit that seemed like a big deal in their lives at the time, but in the big picture what they were going through was just temporary bullshit.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
I won’t share my family experience but I will say that it’s incredibly selfish checking out leaving everyone left behind to cope with the shock, trauma, body and to try and pick up the pieces. And the aftermath is just as awful having to deal with the emptiness, unending questions from yourself and family members and everyone else. Then there are all the memories before and during the event that never go away.

Leaving life this way is disgustingly selfish and damaging to those you supposedly loved more than anyone

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
So, my buddy’s FIRST WIFE was total crazy bitch. This story happened in Ohio, and I don’t know what legalities are elsewhere. She gets mad because he was going to work, knowing he was going to have to work over ( 12 hours ) and she didn’t think it was “fair” that she would have the kids (3 of them) the ENTIRE time they would be awake! She tells him not to go to work, or else ( she didn’t work - failed drug test, got fired ). He left for work. She took the pot of pasta she was making, threw it at the wall behind her, breaking picture with sauce and pasta going everywhere, and call the police. They arrive, she tells them he did it, threaten her and the kids lives, took his gun and car and left for work. He always kept a gun as a carry in his car, and she knew it. Cops go to the job, arrest him in front of everyone, boss included, with guns drawn, cuffs and to jail - it was Friday afternoon. He wasn’t allowed to post bail until after the preliminary hearing on Monday. He didn’t have it - all the cards were maxed ( she didn’t stop buying, just stopped working). I pick him up, post the bail, try to take him home - she’s got all the locks changed, he cant get in. Calls his boss for help, boss tells him he can’t have him in the building until personal issues are resolved. His car is impounded, looking at weapons charges, as well as battery and child abuse, w/o a job, completely broke. Put yourself in his shoes. Luckly, my wife worked with him, she and I went to his boss, explained and fixed that, got his car out, let him stay at our place until he got into an apartment, and he’s since divorced her, getting full custody of all the kids ( her parents testified AGAINST HER so the kids could be with him, as well as the grandparents. New wife, in another state 1,500 miles away, new job, happy guy. He’s told us many times we saved his life that Monday. Several take always. Not everyone has a real friend, she was evil, willing to do anything to destroy him because she was crazy, and the law is definitely on the woman’s side ( why they fight for equality is beyond me).
I believe that you can’t be sane , and kill yourself - god made us all want to do anything we can to stay alive, so when someone does do it, realize that we’re beyond sanity, consolation, and thought no one could help. That’s why it’s soooo important to tell the people you love , that you love them and truly have their back, no matter WHAT.
My son is going through some crazy shit right now, and at the start, as well as daily, I tell him how much he’s loved, how proud of him I am, and that I’m there for him 24/7/365. I’ve given money, time, tears, and advice, because I know how easy it can be to think about getting out, but the most important thing I do is look him in the eye, tell him I love him, then a big hug. I’ve had my own thoughts in 65 years, but realize that I don’t have any problems that can’t be overcome- not everyone thinks that way. Social/financial pressure can overcome us, as it obviously did with this poor man. Don’t judge, be kind. I gotta stop here - it’s getting to hard to see the letters .

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Yes, it effects those around you...
Obviously those who are bitter, were effected by such.
Those who are bitter, are still here to be so.

Sometimes, in the minds of those checking out, they honestly feel that their existence is threatening the future or well being of those they care about. They feel as a burden they place on others. Traumatic physical events, genetic disorders and chronic illnesses...to name a few, can put people in bad places. Financial trouble, drug use, just a couple more. It's a sickness I guess. Depression has many outcomes, and many different faces.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Monkey, I think we’re brothers from another mother - maybe we just learn the same way, through tough lessons of the real world.
The saying goes "Whatever doesn't kill you, makes you stronger". Reality, at times, really sucks. I think there are some that walk this earth having never really fallen on hard times. In their minds, they may have, but perception is everything. Waking up...or laying awake all night...wondering how you'll feed your kids, is harsh. Before that happened though, things were worse. Laying in bed, hoping to walk again, or months learning how to feed yourself again, sets your mind afire.
At some point, you realize pain, physical or mental, is temporary.
Life itself is a series of tests. So far, I am at least passing, but maybe not with stellar grades.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
This was a really hard read. When I made comments in my 35 years about tough times. I was at this man’s point. I truly thought it would better for everyone if I wasn’t in the picture. I’m in tears right now but at least I’m here to have tears. Luckily not only for me but my family especially. I realized the selfishness. The finality of certain actions. Sometimes you just hit the darkest of darkest spots and can’t rationally see the other side. I’m am so blessed I woke up saw the other side before doing something so final.
Wow. I never thought I’d share anything like on public forum. But for some reason this hit me hard. Especially reading his last post.
THnak you for sharing. These are dome of the fears I have as a parent. Not sure if warranted but the challenges our son has had the last 2+ years makes me concerned. I hope that he figures it out like you did. I hope that your expreience touches many and that there are many more stories like your’s

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
THnak you for sharing. These are dome of the fears I have as a parent. Not sure if warranted but the challenges our son has had the last 2+ years makes me concerned. I hope that he figures it out like you did. I hope that your expreience touches many and that there are many more stories like your’s
Make sure he sleeps and eats healthy. Watch the demand load also but again and I cant stress it enough...sleep.

gqchris

Reaction score
So, my buddy’s FIRST WIFE was total crazy bitch. This story happened in Ohio, and I don’t know what legalities are elsewhere. She gets mad because he was going to work, knowing he was going to have to work over ( 12 hours ) and she didn’t think it was “fair” that she would have the kids (3 of them) the ENTIRE time they would be awake! She tells him not to go to work, or else ( she didn’t work - failed drug test, got fired ). He left for work. She took the pot of pasta she was making, threw it at the wall behind her, breaking picture with sauce and pasta going everywhere, and call the police. They arrive, she tells them he did it, threaten her and the kids lives, took his gun and car and left for work. He always kept a gun as a carry in his car, and she knew it. Cops go to the job, arrest him in front of everyone, boss included, with guns drawn, cuffs and to jail - it was Friday afternoon. He wasn’t allowed to post bail until after the preliminary hearing on Monday. He didn’t have it - all the cards were maxed ( she didn’t stop buying, just stopped working). I pick him up, post the bail, try to take him home - she’s got all the locks changed, he cant get in. Calls his boss for help, boss tells him he can’t have him in the building until personal issues are resolved. His car is impounded, looking at weapons charges, as well as battery and child abuse, w/o a job, completely broke. Put yourself in his shoes. Luckly, my wife worked with him, she and I went to his boss, explained and fixed that, got his car out, let him stay at our place until he got into an apartment, and he’s since divorced her, getting full custody of all the kids ( her parents testified AGAINST HER so the kids could be with him, as well as the grandparents. New wife, in another state 1,500 miles away, new job, happy guy. He’s told us many times we saved his life that Monday. Several take always. Not everyone has a real friend, she was evil, willing to do anything to destroy him because she was crazy, and the law is definitely on the woman’s side ( why they fight for equality is beyond me).
I believe that you can’t be sane , and kill yourself - god made us all want to do anything we can to stay alive, so when someone does do it, realize that we’re beyond sanity, consolation, and thought no one could help. That’s why it’s soooo important to tell the people you love , that you love them and truly have their back, no matter WHAT.
My son is going through some crazy shit right now, and at the start, as well as daily, I tell him how much he’s loved, how proud of him I am, and that I’m there for him 24/7/365. I’ve given money, time, tears, and advice, because I know how easy it can be to think about getting out, but the most important thing I do is look him in the eye, tell him I love him, then a big hug. I’ve had my own thoughts in 65 years, but realize that I don’t have any problems that can’t be overcome- not everyone thinks that way. Social/financial pressure can overcome us, as it obviously did with this poor man. Don’t judge, be kind. I gotta stop here - it’s getting to hard to see the letters .
The System is flawed 100% and crazy bitches know that an easy way to wipe out a man is make that call and start the accusations. There is no turning back once those wheels are in motion. A man takes pride in his work, ethics, trust and persona. Once you wipe that out, he has nothing left. He got the last word, in a big way.

I would like to note I saw some instagram pics of where he decided to jump. It is the most busiest place in the garage, right in front of where the escalators let everyone up and the restrooms are. I don't know why he chose that area, if he took the time to write his suicide post, he was premediating this.. He impacted a lot of peoples and kids lives by doing that when he could have chosen a multitude of other sides of that huge garage. Kids don't deserve that and most people don't have the emotional capabilities or training to handle scenes like that.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Make sure he sleeps and eats healthy. Watch the demand load also but again and I cant stress it enough...sleep.
Thanks. The sleep in one of the things that he has a hard time with. I talk to him about my concerns but I need to find a way to better approach it. We are always busy and that does not help. He says that he is good the last 2+ years have been crazy for him. He is incredibly successful with the business that he started last year. I am hoping that this Holiday will allow us to slow down a bit and focus on ourselves for 2023. We just talking about this with another member over the weekend. I am so grateful for the members of RPD and the broad knowledge and I am not just talking about the good morning threads. LOL

Taboma

Reaction score
I'm not quite as energetic about the subject as @Taboma , but I can see an "exit strategy" being the case. My take on religion is different than the aforementioned "God Thumper"...In fact, my view is now more that of the forgotten Hippocratic Oath...do no harm. If I'm on my way out, I've no need to be a burden on my kin. Turn me loose in the mountains, and let nature take it's course.

As for everyone's opinion of how, and why, everyone else will think about the subject through their own minds. Everyone's view of reality is their own. Anger, depression, pain...all of these in some way can distort your perception of reality. It may only be perception, but in every way conceivable, it is real. We may all share the same reality, but that doesn't mean we see the same things, or will make the same choices.
Please excuse my "Energetic" passion on the subject of the elderly having a choice to leave or stay and suffer the fight.
Roughly 30 years ago I went through this frustrating and agonizing process with first my mom, then my dad. I was then at the age many of you on this board are, which is also the age of both my own son and daughter.

I won't discuss any specifics, but I will say, it had a profound impact on both mine and my wife's views of life, living and the prospect of aging and the dread of those end times.
I don't want my children to suffer a similar experience, I don't want to become a burden with all the horrendous baggage that can carry.

I read often on RDP of the deep pain of members losing their family pet, in most cases a dog.
In our case, it was our two cats, and discounting the tragic loss of our newest family feline in a wildfire several years ago, the previous two, had been our house buddies for 14 and 15 years respectively.
Both of those beloved creatures left this world cradled in our arms, in our home, after being euthanized by injection. They simply went to sleep, with dignity and love.
We treat our family pets with more dignity, love, care and compassion then we do our own parents and fellow aged humans.

I do apologize, I don't mean to offend anyone's personal religious or spiritual beliefs or control them.
I likewise do not want yours to enact laws, with a basis in yours, that control my own.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
Sad news. I guess he had way too many demons.

A man in his 50s jumped to his death from a parking structure at Disneyland on Saturday, Anaheim police confirm to Eyewitness News.
The incident was reported around 9 p.m. Police were on scene and some services were disrupted at the park.
A number of Disneyland guests reported via Twitter and calls to the Eyewitness News newsroom that trams were shut down at the park and people were walking back to their vehicles.
Police say the Orange County coroner's office is also responding to the scene.
No additional details were immediately available.

Must have went through the it's a small world ride

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Please excuse my "Energetic" passion on the subject of the elderly having a choice to leave or stay and suffer the fight.
Roughly 30 years ago I went through this frustrating and agonizing process with first my mom, then my dad. I was then at the age many of you on this board are, which is also the age of both my own son and daughter.

I won't discuss any specifics, but I will say, it had a profound impact on both mine and my wife's views of life, living and the prospect of aging and the dread of those end times.
I don't want my children to suffer a similar experience, I don't want to become a burden with all the horrendous baggage that can carry.

I read often on RDP of the deep pain of members losing their family pet, in most cases a dog.
In our case, it was our two cats, and discounting the tragic loss of our newest family feline in a wildfire several years ago, the previous two, had been our house buddies for 14 and 15 years respectively.
Both of those beloved creatures left this world cradled in our arms, in our home, after being euthanized by injection. They simply went to sleep, with dignity and love.
We treat our family pets with more dignity, love, care and compassion then we do our own parents and fellow aged humans.

I do apologize, I don't mean to offend anyone's personal religious or spiritual beliefs or control them.
I likewise do not want yours to enact laws, with a basis in yours, that control my own.
I completely agree...from both the interactions I've had with my animals, as well as with my parents. Pops went out quick...was suffering other ailments, and I really think somehow decided he was done. Massive heart attack. I prefer to think he would have liked that over months of illness or recovery.

Mom asked point blank, "do you mind if I stop treatments?" Fuk, hard to answer. Do I want you to continue to suffer with no real chance of a good recovery, just so we have a bit more time together? From that conversation to her last moments was 72 peaceful hours. 48 of those she was lucid, and able to see her older grandkids. It sucked for us, but was best for her.

Numerically speaking, I think I may have 20 years left. That said, for many reasons, I really shouldn't be here now. I don't know how I'll feel when I approach that horizon. Because of my beliefs now, and actions of my past, I may fear judgment, but not death itself. No one gets out of here alive.

Taboma

Reaction score
I completely agree...from both the interactions I've had with my animals, as well as with my parents. Pops went out quick...was suffering other ailments, and I really think somehow decided he was done. Massive heart attack. I prefer to think he would have liked that over months of illness or recovery.

Mom asked point blank, "do you mind if I stop treatments?" Fuk, hard to answer. Do I want you to continue to suffer with no real chance of a good recovery, just so we have a bit more time together? From that conversation to her last moments was 72 peaceful hours. 48 of those she was lucid, and able to see her older grandkids. It sucked for us, but was best for her.

Numerically speaking, I think I may have 20 years left. That said, for many reasons, I really shouldn't be here now. I don't know how I'll feel when I approach that horizon. Because of my beliefs now, and actions of my past, I may fear judgment, but not death itself. No one gets out of here alive.
I'm currently watching my son and daughter deal with their aged, very sickly mom, my 1st X-wife. Sparing details, it's a medical system horror story, greatly complicated by her own anger and monumental stubbornness.
As a father, having experienced the similar, now feeling their pain, and extreme frustration that's festering with such increasing hatred, I suspect "Just die you bitch" is slipping into their consciousness and will become a new found source of guilt.

More than anything, I don't want to be that burden to them or anybody.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
@Taboma , "...anger and monumental stubbornness" 🥲 That is exactly how my Mom described me!

It's odd really, those same traits can be both assets and liabilities. In my case, personally, once I'm not able to be independent, I'm out. Been through it before, and it's not a "life", it's just living. I hope for the best with your son and his wife, those times are harder on those couples than those in the hospital. Those I'll and aging, well their future is near. The children, by marriage or birth, are living together and may not have the same thoughts as each other. Makes for stressful times both during and after:(

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
A couple we knew moved to Oregon because the laws there allow a physician assisted end to suffering. Oregon's Death with Dignity Act allows one to obtain prescriptions for a legal death. Insurance is not negated.

The husband was a tough bastard. Construction guy, hard as nails. He comes down with MS in a bad way. Mentally he is all there but physically he is a basket case. Wears a diaper, can't get up or move on his own much any more. Their son is mentally off as well and lives with them. Father and son spend most days around the house smoking pot. It mellows out the son and relieves dad's pain.

Although from what I hear from friends, its the wife/mom who is now fed up with the whole thing. Her entire life consists of full time care for these two.
Such a rough deal. :(

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
That’s brutal to read.

I’ve been close, had the letter written. Figured out how to figure it out. Some just can’t.

Seen many a person do it the same way he did from freeway overpasses. It’s a sound I’ll never ever forget no matter how hard I try.

I hope he found the peace he was looking for.

Taboma

Reaction score
A couple we knew moved to Oregon because the laws there allow a physician assisted end to suffering. Oregon's Death with Dignity Act allows one to obtain prescriptions for a legal death. Insurance is not negated.

The husband was a tough bastard. Construction guy, hard as nails. He comes down with MS in a bad way. Mentally he is all there but physically he is a basket case. Wears a diaper, can't get up or move on his own much any more. Their son is mentally off as well and lives with them. Father and son spend most days around the house smoking pot. It mellows out the son and relieves dad's pain.

Although from what I hear from friends, its the wife/mom who is now fed up with the whole thing. Her entire life consists of full time care for these two.
Such a rough deal. :(
Thanks,
Just a quick scan of the law shows it's not a path easily navigated. Hopefully there's council available in that regards. I see numerous stipulations regarding the patients mental capability to fully understand and make such a decision, including a doctor willing to sign off on that fact.
Hopefully there's some doctors (And pharmacists) who agree with and have expressed a willingness to participate. I imagine most would not.

I'm certainly not familiar enough with the process to even have a clue how this process might be implemented, or even if it possibly could, if the patient was in some manner deemed mentally deficient. I suspect it would not longer be an option.

gqchris

Reaction score
That’s brutal to read.

I’ve been close, had the letter written. Figured out how to figure it out. Some just can’t.

Seen many a person do it the same way he did from freeway overpasses. It’s a sound I’ll never ever forget no matter how hard I try.

I hope he found the peace he was looking for.
Always had alot of respect for you Sir, and even more now. This is a brave thing to admit to us. So glad you were able to push thru.

Working on Ambulance I have seen many also. Most etched in my brain was a shotgun suicide at Sams Town Casino in Vegas in the parking garage. The sounds and smells like you metioned still haunts me. It was one of my first calls as an EMT>.

kurtis500

Reaction score
Not sure if this was said already but FYI, people jump from parking garages because they are the tallest structures you can access without restrictions. Roof access on high rise buildings are locked to avoid this from being a regular occurance.

Western Flyer

Reaction score
Unless one has been truly at their breaking point, they cannot understand. Sometimes it takes darkness to see the light. Some, unfortunately, never get there. Others are never subject to the feeling, and thus will never understand. Not understanding is something to be thankful for, but so is being around to understand.
This.

Yldboyz

Reaction score
My wife was telling me about the story before it broke, there was limited information that was put out by the media outlets.

I'm curious to know his know widow will have any remorse if she's still the beneficiary on his life insurance / pension. If in fact the man was telling the truth.

rrrr

Reaction score
It's been just over five years since my sixteen year old nephew Andrew killed himself with a shotgun. His mom found the body.

Last weekend his older brother got married. The ceremony was nice. I was able to spend some time with family members I don't see often.

There are large family photos hung in my brother's living room. Seeing Andrew's smile and recalling memories of his loving personality still cause me pain. No one mentioned his name all weekend, except my Dad and I. We had a private conversation about some things, and we both cried when the talk turned to Andrew.

Some posters have expressed pretty extreme anger about a relative's suicide. I have never felt that way. I only have sadness and sorrow that Andrew felt he couldn't ask someone for help. He never exhibited any distress or aberrant behavior. There were no signs he was in pain.

Rest easy, Andrew. I love you.

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I am currently watching a friends marriage crumble. Their son committed suicide coming on 3 years ago.
Watched it happen with two families I know. Combinations of blame, guilt and people grieve differently I think. One was 18, friend from high-school. The other was 30...had known him and his family since 2nd grade.
Everything stable, fell apart...

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
The jumper was my daughters grade school principal don’t think I’m going to tell my kids though I’m guessing the news will find them
Sadly, I figured someone here was going to have a student affected:(

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Much more of this goes on that makes the news, this one did because of the irony, ie happiest place on earth. My wife worked at Kaiser Anaheim off the 91, they normally had one a month jump off the parking structure, they never made the news.

Swain

Reaction score
I live right behind that school. I went there 30 years ago or so, my daughter went there until covid hit and we did private school, He had just transferred from another school in the same city. Super sad.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I bet more than a few folks know what the barrel of a gun tastes like.

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
Me and the wife are both route 91 survivors she is friends with one of them on Facebook and she did the same thing on Facebook posted about it and then did it. Saying your doing it on social media seems to be the new thing

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks,
Just a quick scan of the law shows it's not a path easily navigated. Hopefully there's council available in that regards. I see numerous stipulations regarding the patients mental capability to fully understand and make such a decision, including a doctor willing to sign off on that fact.
Hopefully there's some doctors (And pharmacists) who agree with and have expressed a willingness to participate. I imagine most would not.

I'm certainly not familiar enough with the process to even have a clue how this process might be implemented, or even if it possibly could, if the patient was in some manner deemed mentally deficient. I suspect it would not longer be an option.
My wife is a Hospice nurse and has done two of them now. Lots of regulations regarding it for sure.

I 100% support the ability to go out this way. We are more humane to our pets, but require a human to die a slow, miserable death. Based on a set of “beliefs”. I can tell you it would be too if mind if I ever find myself in a no win scenario with a slow painful death ahead of me.

Taboma

Reaction score
My wife is a Hospice nurse and has done two of them now. Lots of regulations regarding it for sure.

I 100% support the ability to go out this way. We are more humane to our pets, but require a human to die a slow, miserable death. Based on a set of “beliefs”. I can tell you it would be too if mind if I ever find myself in a no win scenario with a slow painful death ahead of me.
Your wife sir, is an angel 🥰 When I went through this with my dad, the Hospice nurses were amazing and were there when we needed them most.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score

Your wife is a godsend in her own right. We had hospice while caring for my MIL for 5 years. I don’t know how they do it day in and day out for someone who is not family. I was lucky ( I use the word loosely). I got to go to work while my wife was taking care of her mom with hospice help. You are committed almost to being house bound when you take on these obligations. I wouldn’t change it though. They were always there for me in hard times. How could I not be there for them /her.

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
Another one. Had a customer/friend for around 30 years, watched him go from 20 to 50, marriage, 6 sons, divorce, girlfriends, everything. Both his parents chain smoked Camels - dad got cancer, died a slow death in the hospital. Mom got cancer, asked my buddy to take her home, he did. Got hospice. She dies at home, he was with her when she passed.
So several months pass, I go to see him, he says “ shut the door, we have to talk”. He starts to cry, asks me to keep what he’s about to tell me a secret to death, I oblige, he says - I haven’t told ANYONE, but the last time I went to see my mom, she was crying, in EXTREME PAIN, the hospice nurse had just given her another morphine hit off the drip, she said to him, I’m going to leave you 2 alone for 15 minutes, I’ll be back. His mom looked at him, mouthed the word “ please” to him, he opened the drip, and she passed. When the hospice nurse returned, she said it was nice that he was there in his moms biggest time of need. So, it’s been 10 years since, w’ve never discussed it again, but I affirmed he did the compassionate, loving, selfless thing, helping his mom when she needed it most. I wasn’t sure he was going to be able to keep going after, but has, and is happy again. Time softens all things. If you ever wondered what an angel on earth might look like, they’re all around us - only god could make someone strong enough to be a hospice nurse. Both he and I have updated our wills - assuming there’s anything left, 10% goes to hospice.

JM21

Reaction score
Tough subject…when I was 25 living in chicago my friend Rolando started a chain reaction that lasted 2 years. All said and done I lost 6 friends, all because “he did it, I have to”. It was brutal, 2 of them were brothers. Every few months another one of my friends were found hanging from a rope either at home, in a park, or from the high school goal post. Me and my friends saw stuff at 25 no one should see. Getting those calls at 4 in the morning that another friend decided it was time was the worst.

Still to this day we lose friends. My wife had a close friend take his life in his parents dining room where his large family would have dinner weekly. Wrote a note to each family member at their respective place setting. Family still isn’t the same and I don’t expect them to be.

I think suicide is very selfish but some people have major demons no one will ever know about. Prayers to this man’s friends and family.

PRORACER7474

Reaction score
A few years ago a friend 14 year Policeman on his 2nd marriage and his new wife has a teenage daughter [14]. He is trying to be the good stepdad and put a few rules about what time to be in at night and so on. One day he gets a visit by some of the officers he works with and they arrest him for child sex abuse. His wife leaves him, his friends on the force disown him, everyone treats him like the plague. After a couple of months he commits suicide, then they do a investigation and find out the step daughter made it all up because she did not like the new rules.

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
"My son is going through some crazy shit right now, and at the start, as well as daily, I tell him how much he’s loved, how proud of him I am, and that I’m there for him 24/7/365. I’ve given money, time, tears, and advice, because I know how easy it can be to think about getting out, but the most important thing I do is look him in the eye, tell him I love him, then a big hug. I’ve had my own thoughts in 65 years, but realize that I don’t have any problems that can’t be overcome- not everyone thinks that way. Social/financial pressure can overcome us, as it obviously did with this poor man. Don’t judge, be kind. I gotta stop here - it’s getting to hard to see the letters ."

My son is going through stuff now as well. (divorce) My first reaction was for him to figure as he shouldn't have married her in the first place. Then I saw the toll it was taking. I flew out to El Paso and helped him get some stuff squared away. Spent 5 days there and used that time to talk to him a lot. Paid for his lawyer to defend him properly and things are starting to look better. He feels so damn guilty as it is costing us money. I told him he is just getting his inheritance early. He laughed a long time and said ok thanks pop.

hman442

Reaction score
My son is going through stuff now as well. (divorce) My first reaction was for him to figure as he shouldn't have married her in the first place. Then I saw the toll it was taking. I flew out to El Paso and helped him get some stuff squared away. Spent 5 days there and used that time to talk to him a lot. Paid for his lawyer to defend him properly and things are starting to look better. He feels so damn guilty as it is costing us money. I told him he is just getting his inheritance early. He laughed a long time and said ok thanks pop.
You're a good Dad!

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
The Golden Gate Bridge is still statistically the world leader for jumpers. Probably because it’s nearly 100% effective,
Average is one suicide every 12 days that they know about.
(30+ people per year)
Over 1600 known body recoveries, the unknown number is anyones guess but it’s assumed to be well over 2000 people.
They started building the catch net a few years ago, dont know if it’s all done yet?

Japan’s suicide forest is probably the leader in suicide destination though. Japan’s suicide rate is quite high.
Up to 200 people a year go to Aokigahara forest by Mt Fuji to kill themselves. About half or more succeed. (The problem there is that once there the person still has to kill themselves, hanging is popular. With a structure the act of jumping pretty much takes care of it for the suicidal person..it’s a lot easier to just jump)
The record body count at the forest is 105 bodies found in 2003 the last I checked.

It seems odd to me when an older person offs themselves for reasons other than medical or having committed a despicable act of some sort.
I mean, a young person can easily be overwhelmed because they do not see that a human lifespan is actually quite short, and they believe that they can’t go on “forever”, failing to realize how finite their life actually is.
But an older person, in their 50’s, is almost there anyway.
Hell, if you’re gonna give up go rob a bank or something!

Taboma

Reaction score
The Golden Gate Bridge is still statistically the world leader for jumpers. Probably because it’s nearly 100% effective,
Average is one suicide every 12 days that they know about.
(30+ people per year)
Over 1600 known body recoveries, the unknown number is anyones guess but it’s assumed to be well over 2000 people.
They started building the catch net a few years ago, dont know if it’s all done yet?

Japan’s suicide forest is probably the leader in suicide destination though. Japan’s suicide rate is quite high.
Up to 200 people a year go to Aokigahara forest by Mt Fuji to kill themselves. About half or more succeed. (The problem there is that once there the person still has to kill themselves, hanging is popular. With a structure the act of jumping pretty much takes care of it for the suicidal person..it’s a lot easier to just jump)
The record body count at the forest is 105 bodies found in 2003 the last I checked.

It seems odd to me when an older person offs themselves for reasons other than medical or having committed a despicable act of some sort.
I mean, a young person can easily be overwhelmed because they do not see that a human lifespan is actually quite short, and they believe that they can’t go on “forever”, failing to realize how finite their life actually is.
But an older person, in their 50’s, is almost there anyway.
Hell, if you’re gonna give up go rob a bank or something!
Given my knowledge of Japanese culture is movie based ---- isn't suicide in Japan an honored tradition for being the right thing to do when you seriously F*ck up ?

propcheck

Reaction score
A few years ago a friend 14 year Policeman on his 2nd marriage and his new wife has a teenage daughter [14]. He is trying to be the good stepdad and put a few rules about what time to be in at night and so on. One day he gets a visit by some of the officers he works with and they arrest him for child sex abuse. His wife leaves him, his friends on the force disown him, everyone treats him like the plague. After a couple of months he commits suicide, then they do a investigation and find out the step daughter made it all up because she did not like the new rules.
This same thing happened to a guy I know. Annd nothing ever happens to the lying cunts

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Given my knowledge of Japanese culture is movie based ---- isn't suicide in Japan an honored tradition for being the right thing to do when you seriously F*ck up ?
Maybe, but whenever I was there they were mostly just assholes.