WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Disneyland tickets...yeap i did it

riverroyal

Reaction score
Im not a fan of the place because i love social distancing.
But at 50% occupancy im good
So after 8 hours stuck in the website queue i got tickets.
On a Wednesday next month

Haven't been since carsland opened which was one of my projects.
Just me and mrs RR. Park hopper for alcohol in cal adventure

Did i mention 50% crowds?

jailbird141

Reaction score
I was reading that a lot of the rides, restaurants and shops will be closed as well? Don't know if that's true or fake news.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Just remembered tonight it’s been a year since I’ve heard the rumble of the fireworks show.
Been hearing that thud my entire life being 8-10 miles north of it.
While I hate Dland and successfully got my kids to have 0 interest in that liberal organization , glad they are making revenue for Anacrime again.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score

Did you make the reservation first or buy the tickets first? I like the 59% capacity and want to take the wife and kids. Thanks!

riverroyal

Reaction score
Did you make the reservation first or buy the tickets first? I like the 59% capacity and want to take the wife and kids. Thanks!
Bought.
Reservation? For what? I picked my day when I purchased

LBZRCKS

Reaction score
I got some today too, left a browser open on my phone. I was in the queue for nearly 12hrs! Not a huge fan of the place, but I've got a 2yr old that will dig it.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
I got some today too, left a browser open on my phone. I was in the queue for nearly 12hrs! Not a huge fan of the place, but I've got a 2yr old that will dig it.

Did you do the reservation too? What did you do first? My wife has her phone In The queue for tickets. I’m in for reservations

LBZRCKS

Reaction score
Did you do the reservation too? What did you do first? My wife has her phone In The queue for tickets. I’m in for reservations

I went on the website, waited in the queue then it redirected me to the website where I could login and reserve the date. A little ass backwards because I needed to buy tickets first, in order to reserve the date. Thought I was going to loose my spot but I was able to buy the tickets then reserve the date.

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
My wife got a ticket for Disneyland and a ticket for CA Adventure today. Both for sometime in June. She's going with friends. I can't stand the place.

I guess both tickets were around $250. Total waste of money in my opinion.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
I went on the website, waited in the queue then it redirected me to the website where I could login and reserve the date. A little ass backwards because I needed to buy tickets first, in order to reserve the date. Thought I was going to loose my spot but I was able to buy the tickets then reserve the date.

Awesome. Thank you!

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
50% crowd will seem just a busy as normal. The parks can handle A LOT of people. They’re usually running at 50%. Friends just went to Disney world. That was their experience.

Water Romper

Reaction score
Not sure when the last time you were there but I believe Star Wars Land is open and although still going through some additional construction, supposed to be pretty cool, especially if your a SW fan. I worked at DL for about a year (3 years ago) and was able to see the construction in progress, quite amazing but never saw the completed project.
Always enjoyed DL, Ca A and Downtown, as a kid, my folks were NOT rolling in money so when we went as a family it was quite a treat and it was just DL at that time.

For the DL haters- I have a quick fix- DONT GO. There that solves that.

Badchoices03

Reaction score
A friend of mine that has worked on the ride maintenance crew for like 25 years says that the park will be just as packed most days because they are being allowed 50% of FULL capacity and that on most days the park is about 60% full capacity, so it wont be much difference.

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
A friend of mine that has worked on the ride maintenance crew for like 25 years says that the park will be just as packed most days because they are being allowed 50% of FULL capacity and that on most days the park is about 60% full capacity, so it wont be much difference.
yep

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

You got played on this deal worse than buying a SPEED car.

Disneyland full capacity is supposedly over 100K... prepare to meet 50K new friends.

riverroyal

Reaction score
i disagree. heres why...
-I bought tickets yesterday and im going in 3 months, not 2 years like a speed car
-Mrs RR has been wanting to go for years. This is 90% for her. Unlike a speed car which is for you not a spouse
-50% off 100000 people sounds 50% more enjoyable.
-the rides are proven, unlike a speed car.
-Its always crowded, this is the best its going to get. Ever
-socal residents, no tourist that smell or talk funny
-theres booze

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
A little something I put together a while back to irritate some snowflake acquaintances that had so much pride over their Disney passes they actually put the stupid sticker on their cars...

A36D9845-23CF-4091-B357-6E93BFB1846A.jpeg

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Any idea when the APs will get their refunds?

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
i disagree. heres why...
-I bought tickets yesterday and im going in 3 months, not 2 years like a speed car
-Mrs RR has been wanting to go for years. This is 90% for her. Unlike a speed car which is for you not a spouse
-theres booze

This was 4 years ago now, but we took my daughter for her 5th birthday on a Tuesday in early May. There was a lot of people but we did 17 rides. We had a really good day and didn't have to wait long for anything. Best day at DL in my adult life and I had a season pass for a couple years in the early 2000s.

I don't know how close to capacity they run day to day, but I can assure you it will be 42,500 people the day you go :)

You will spend more on that day than I have on my Speed car to date 😂.

Have fun, it will be a good day.

riverroyal

Reaction score
I do agree it wont be cheap!! Ive worked there a combined time of about 4 years building rides. All that time behind the scene, back of house. The 'magic' isnt really there for me. But if it is not packed Im Ok with it. Last time I went it sold out, absolute shit time

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
i disagree. heres why...
-theres booze
You do realize that precovid, 99% of the guests that attended were residents. That’s what made SoCal Disney the shit show that it was. I’d rather drop the extra cash and fly out to Disney world for the weekend than deal with the cringy socially awkward social club degenerates that flood that place.

nowski

Reaction score
Back in the 80's I lived in Anaheim and use to ride my bike to work (several days a week) to Costa Mesa. I would typically leave for work around 4:45 am giving me plenty of time to enjoy a cup of coffee before starting work for the day. One day I decided to take Harbor Blvd instead of my normal route and almost got hit by several cars near Disneyland. Apparently the happiest place on earth was located outside of the park on Harbor Blvd, where all the hookers were busy winding down their shift for the night. That was a side show that almost got me killed and my last ride down Harbor E Ticket Blvd...

gqchris

Reaction score
Last night strolling thru the Supercat Fest display at Chabones, I realized how much I really enjoy social distancing lol. Even my wife was like, we are outta here, this is a ‘Rona fest! . I beelined over to RDP Booth to say a quick hello to the like minded RDP people I dont mind socializing with and that was it. It was packed, and good luck with the Storm next weekend. Its gonna be interesting!

Disneyland, no way. I cant and wont. We were even season pass holders because I enjoyed walking in the evenings for excercise and watching the shitshow. Kinda changed my way of thinking now.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Any idea when the APs will get their refunds?
Speaking of.....just got mine today. Fuck this new buy a ticket shit........Sad, won't be going there for awhile. what a ripoff.

TrojanDan

Reaction score
Got my vaccine and purchased my Park Hoppers for May 7th. Kids will be getting an education on Marvel Superheros and Star Wars that day! Turkey Legs here I come.

500bbc

Reaction score
??? They just went public woke, all white people are evil

Water Romper

Reaction score
Good for you! Let the haters hate, some folks like outboards some like inboards, who gives a F- I envy you. We had annual passes for over 15 years when I was in So Cal, I even worked there just 3 years ago. Loved just going and hanging out. D-Land is now 18 hours away for me. You enjoy yourself and let the "magic" take over. Post pictures and some how put up a scratch and sniff of the pop corn and corn dogs. HAVE FUN!!

TrojanDan

Reaction score
59E23A0A-0161-4ACA-98AC-1C4CE3C049C2.jpeg

Main Street at 3p before heading over to CA Adventure. Yeah, real packed! 🙄

TrojanDan

Reaction score
20C10057-B454-4669-92DF-B364DBC67BE0.jpeg

Epic day topped off with the obligatory Turkey leg. Thanks suckas for not going and crowding the joint. For those that bought tickets, you’re going to have an epic time. Just plan accordingly for getting inside.

Probably one of the best trips in almost 50 years going to D’Land! I felt like a kid again and enjoyed every minute with my 13 and 10 year old. Matterhorn was the only ride closed. Food was sort of a pain because you had to order on an app and a lot of restaurants closed but I see that changing.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
The last time I was at Disneyland it was during the holidays, I remember it being so packed that we couldn't even find a place to sit down to rest. The lines were terrible to get food and to get on the rides. And I just thought to myself, This is not what Walt Disney had in mind.

riverroyal

Reaction score
I can’t wait. Just me and Mrs RR. On Wednesday in a few weeks

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
If it’s not crowded like that I’m going sooner than later.. I love Disneyland

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Wait. U went to Disneyland and you don’t have kids?

What did you lose a bet?

If I was solo I would be hanging with Shintooo in Vegas instead