WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Dive bombers

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Out for a walk this morning and we had these guys come down, circle us and say howdy a few times. Never seen them out flying before nor realize how big they are in flight.

Tank

Reaction score
Is that out in Havasu? Someone lose their Macau's?

Big bastards! You should've put your arm out for them to land! LOL

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I saw something on the news this AM that someone is looking for their bird. Was in AZ somewhere. Looked just like those

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Whos are they? My old office we had issues with them, I guess someone lost some many years ago and they reproduced, fuckers made a racket in the nearby trees.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
My grandma lived in South Pasadena. The story was that a pet shop burned and a few macaws escaped. There were like 1-2 dozen of them in the group over the years. And they flew to the same places every day at about the same times.

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What the heck?! That's not something you see everyday!

Sent from my Note 10+ using Tapatalk

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Is that out in Havasu? Someone lose their Macau's?

Big bastards! You should've put your arm out for them to land! LOL
Up from our house off Bison.
They each had a gps tag hanging from them.
Owners saw us and asked if they harassed us😄 since he could tell they were circling in an area. We were just in awe to be honest, our dog wasn't quite sure what to think though, lol. They were just cruising around in the wind squawking gawd aweful and then came down to us, as if "hey look, people, lets go say hi". We literally thought they were gonna land on our heads😳😂
One of the cooler things to see for sure, never seen one other than sitting on a perch.

Tank

Reaction score
Up from our house off Bison.
They each had a gps tag hanging from them.
Owners saw us and asked if they harassed us😄 since he could tell they were circling in an area. We were just in awe to be honest, our dog wasn't quite sure what to think though, lol. They were just cruising around in the wind squawking gawd aweful and then came down to us, as if "hey look, people, lets go say hi". We literally thought they were gonna land on our heads😳😂
One of the cooler things to see for sure, never seen one other than sitting on a perch.
That is cool!

Wonder how the owners get them to return. Pretty cool they don't clip their wings and let them go fly around.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Crazy, you mean a bird as a pet that actually gets to fly?
There's a guy out here that had a hawk/falcon. Looks meaner than hell. It tends to hang out on the fence line in the afternoons. Thought it had a nest in the area, until I saw the guy out there with a welding glove on, and the bird on it.
He probably doesn't have a rodent problem!

Taboma

Reaction score
I know years ago when we were doing a bunch of electrical at Pt Loma Nazarene Coll. there was a whole flock of beautiful Macaws living in the pine trees.. Guess like others, a couple had escaped and eventually the population grew. Some of them were huge in size and huge $$$ if you were to buy one.

Rhythm guitar player in our band had a jumbo blue and gold one, prick would run around on the floor and bite your damned bare toes if you weren't paying attention, fucking hurt, mean bastard got booted across the room more than once, but rather than deter him, it was like get it on bro. 😂

J&k beer can

Reaction score
Grew up in glendora..
They where all kinds of macaws- parrots( red. White. Blue . Muilti color) plus the plain green ones around town.
They learned to minic people. Dogs barking.
Babies cryn..
They were all around that area..
Heard different stories growing up how they got there..

Last edited:

Hydroman55

Reaction score
That’s something had no idea. If I understand correctly they are trained to return home?
Unlike SOCAL they wouldn’t survive in the wild given the dry hot climate.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
That’s something had no idea. If I understand correctly they are trained to return home?
Unlike SOCAL they wouldn’t survive in the wild given the dry hot climate.
Yep, owners were in their driveway and the birds returned and took off for a flight repeatedly. We asked, since my wife had put her arm out, if they'd land on us but he said they are trained to only come back to them.

Hydroman55

Reaction score
Yep, owners were in their driveway and the birds returned and took off for a flight repeatedly. We asked, since my wife had put her arm out, if they'd land on us but he said they are trained to only come back to them.
That’s amazing...I’ve had friends with birds and a big commitment, live a very long time, make a mess and can be loud as hell.
That said, the birds had one heck of a bond with their owners.