WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

DIY ceramic coat

Justfishing

Reaction score
Has anyone done a diy ceramic coat. What brand did you use. How hard was it to do and how long did it last. what steps did you use.

charlyox

Reaction score
I use CMX by Mothers. Easy on easy off. Works great. Look at this shine.
913D2933-49F9-4F8B-834A-A19D8CC4C288.jpeg

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
Has anyone done a diy ceramic coat. What brand did you use. How hard was it to do and how long did it last. what steps did you use.
Yes. I used shine supply beadlock. It's a lot of steps to do it properly. Starts with a good prep wash and clay. Then I cut and polished. Wiped any residue off and coated it. It's a forgiving product when it flashes. Use a lot of towels and good lights.

It's still going strong over a year later.

I wouldn't say hard so much as time consuming to do it properly.

LazyLavey

Reaction score
I've used Adams on my truck and car... Satisfied with the results, The truck is parked outside, the hood and roof don't seem to last as long as I'd like, maybe a year till the hydrophobic decrease but still easy to clean

This is not a spray on but the OG kind of ceramic coat

Next time I'll try shine supply

Perlmudder

Reaction score
I've used the Mothers CMX. It is not the same as a real ceramic coating, but it does work very well.

HitIt

Reaction score
Applying is easy. Prep can be hard depending on what you start with. Brand new good paint from the factory.. no prob. 5 year old swirly, dirty paint and you had better be good with a polisher. Remember that whatever you ceramic coat over is locked in until you polish the ceramic off.

DoughBallin14

Reaction score
Latest DIY coating product i have used. So far has been on my white Silverado for about 6 months. Perfect water shedding still and good shine, easy to apply and remove. Been a fan of 303 products for a long time..

I have also used it on my master shower glass and its been awesome and for keeping that clean!! 👍🏽
Used it on my super jet and boat and so far its surviving even being applied over previous wax left over.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
I just applied this to my truck. Went on and off easy , really shines well . We’ll see how long it lasts , next is the boat .
B294D34D-02E2-49C9-9DFF-A7000F3B9D68.jpeg

McKay

Reaction score
Used Chemical Guys on my truck. So far it’s been good. Cleans up nice.
Just put T3 Top Kote on my outboards and the transom of the boat. Like others have said 90% of the work is on the prep and all depends on how well you can run a polisher. For instance I have new 450 outboards with just one 5 day trip on them. Probably spent 3-4 hours on just those for the prep before I coated them. I’m certainly no pro at detailing/paint correction but not a novice either. Will see how the cleanup goes after the next trip to see if it’s worth it to do the whole boat.

jbird

Reaction score
Yes. I used shine supply beadlock. It's a lot of steps to do it properly. Starts with a good prep wash and clay. Then I cut and polished. Wiped any residue off and coated it. It's a forgiving product when it flashes. Use a lot of towels and good lights.

It's still going strong over a year later.

I wouldn't say hard so much as time consuming to do it properly.
This. Decontamination, refinement and apply Shine Supply Bead Lock. This is a ceramic coating. I’m on my 3rd season with it applied to my boat and it’s still working.