WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

DIY engine kits or plans?

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
I kinda skimmed the pics.. Is that actually propelled by something?

RD
The candle heats up the coiled copper tubing and Percolates the water through just like a coffee pot, shooting little jets of water out one tube. the other side acts as an intake. You need fairly smooth water for it to work. I learned not to try and "Prime" it spitting water through the copper tubing when it's hot. :eek:

spectras only

Reaction score
I kinda skimmed the pics.. Is that actually propelled by something?

RD
You'd need to install rudder on it, otherwise it goes in circles only.Or, install the intake and exhaust tubes in center.Mine was only going tight circles in the bath tub because the copper tubes were side by side.;)

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Roy ain't laying dimes there.. Looks like he's making change for a dollar. :D

RD

I'm putting this in it when he's done ...

20190822_105309.jpg

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I was just joking above. ;) What is that in the pic?

RD

Really? I thought the making change for a dollar was pretty accurate! LoL

Vintage Air complete AC system. Gonna do an alarm with power locks and a few other things as well.

It's getting new rims and tires to go with the slammed look. Once the 4 link is done, air bags will be going on.

Then off to the paint shop...

:)

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I say start at the top...
First engine I built was a tunnel rammed 340 for my duster. But I worked at a machine shop for Bob Hayes so...

86F05712-69E5-4096-9516-9786A8902D6F.jpeg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I say start at the top...
First engine I built was a tunnel rammed 340 for my duster. But I worked at a machine shop for Bob Hayes so...

View attachment 790653

I don’t know the first thing about building engines.. not to say I can’t do it, because I believe I can. I just wonder if that might be a tad excessive of a project for a 6 year old?

Yellowboat

Reaction score
I don’t know the first thing about building engines.. not to say I can’t do it, because I believe I can. I just wonder if that might be a tad excessive of a project for a 6 year old?
Go watch mrpete222, I have never built one and have very little mill and lathe time, but after watching him I know I can build one

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score

If you do get to that point, I have a small block chevy you can tear apart and put back together.

Reaction score

I didn't know he was 6 y/o.

This is a cool project, and given the time span of a 6 y/o, is fairly easy to build with scrap laying around the garage. You can start with a small one, then after showing them they can do it, have them build another one, scaled up a bit more.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
I nearly sent that Ford kit over to you as well, looks like it might be pretty nice.

LuauLounge

Reaction score
When I was about 10, my dad and I rebuilt a Briggs and Stratton lawn mower engine. I was stoked, so I rebuilt every lawn mower engine on our block. Go karts, mini bikes and dirt bikes were next. I then moved to doing brake jobs and tune ups from 14 on. New rings and valve jobs came soon afterward. When I was 17, my dad found a killer deal on a year old MGB with a burnt valve. Gave it to me and said, fix it. Never was I without spending money or bored.

Nordie

Reaction score
When I was about 10, my dad and I rebuilt a Briggs and Stratton lawn mower engine. I was stoked, so I rebuilt every lawn mower engine on our block. Go karts, mini bikes and dirt bikes were next. I then moved to doing brake jobs and tune ups from 14 on. New rings and valve jobs came soon afterward. When I was 17, my dad found a killer deal on a year old MGB with a burnt valve. Gave it to me and said, fix it. Never was I without spending money or bored.

LuauLounge

Reaction score
That little V4 engine is more money than the MGB was.

Nordie

Reaction score
That little V4 engine is more money than the MGB was.

Yeah, but that guy machines a lot of cool custom shit for a lot of little nitro engines...check his YouTube page out, pretty cool stuff