WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

DJ's. WTF

TX Foilhead

Reaction score
Don't have a link from the phone, but who saw the article on Yahoo about Vegas DJ's making 8 figures a year, 6 figures a show?

H20-ski

Long Member
Reaction score
Don't have a link from the phone, but who saw the article on Yahoo about Vegas DJ's making 8 figures a year, 6 figures a show?

My daughter and boy freind are both DJ's and can make 5k a weekend when the bar is shared.

My daughter likes to keep under a certain amount a night and get paid cash, that way she doesn't have to claim it on taxes.

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
Famous djs like afrojack, david guetta and the likes there of pack the clubs. They command big money. Its no different then a celebrity getting paid for their club appearances. Hell paris hilton has gotten 100k just to appear at tao in vegas. It packs the joint. They will make their money back in the first 2 hours with 40$ covers and 22$ top shelf pours.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
That would be Calvin Harris raking in 46mill just from his residencies in vegas....that doesnt include the rest of his contracts in ibiza, dubai, tour revenue and festival pay outs.:eek:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Enen

Reaction score
A DJ can make or break a club. Think about how much a packed club in Vegas pulls on one night. The door, the bar. I bet it is deep 6 figures might even touch 7 figures.

mentalmatt

Reaction score
Dude, DJ's can make BANK! You have to understand though that although they are DJ's, they typically remix and or make their own music as well, which is a huge portion of their earnings. So yes, they may make six figures a show, but they're also raking in CD sales, royalties for radio play, merch, etc. Here's a good one of the top 5 paid DJ's and the new top paid DJ:

New top paid DJ, DJ Calvin Harris ($46 million in one year!!!!):
http://www.forbes.com/sites/ryanmac...vin-harris-became-the-worlds-highest-paid-dj/

Old top 5 Vegas DJ Paid List (2012 Earnings):
TIESTO - $22 million
SKRILLEX - $15 million
SWEDISH HOUSE MAFIA - $14 million
DAVID GUETTA - $13.5 million
STEVE AOKI - $12 million
http://www.lasvegasweekly.com/ae/music/2013/apr/26/megabucks-djs-las-vegas-top-earning-djs/

Again, all of the above people not only do DJ sets, they make their own tracks, remix popular top 40 tracks, sell CD's, sell merchandise out the wahoo, etc, etc, etc... DJing is a huge business world wide and Vegas is a top destination spot because not only do people go to Vegas to gamble, they usually want to FUCKING PARTY!!! and to Party right, you need some fucking MUSIC to rock out to... or something. That's what happens when it cost $40 - $100 bucks to get into the club, $12 dollar mixed drinks, $8 beers, and thousands of dollars to get a table with bottle service. It's VEGAS BABY! High rollers! :eek:thumbsup

That Guy

Rack em'
Reaction score
If you think it's not big business.....Marquee (club at this Cosmopolitan) took in $90 million last year.....one club!

TX Foilhead

Reaction score
They laid it all out, but that's money like I would expect AC/DC, Metallica or some other large touring production to pull down. There is also no way they could do that in one spot. Maybe they need to rethink the business model a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
If you think it's not big business.....Marquee (club at this Cosmopolitan) took in $90 million last year.....one club!

And this number is minus the few million the good bartenders skimmed all year.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Last edited: