WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

DMV drive test examiner just yelled at me !

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
So my office is literally next door to a DMV so I scheduled my boys upcoming test there. Figured I would bring him with me and let him go take his test which is next week. Today at lunch I thought I would go and check out the route. Perfect timing I see the examiner get in the car so off we go. I stay way back and follow the car for about a mile or so then I break off and go have lunch. I go back just to see if they take another route, perfect timing and away we go. Except this time he stops the car on the street (I thought they were going to do a back up test or something) he jumps out and yells stop. I'm like this MF'er better slow his roll, he continues to say its illegal to follow on a test route and if he sees me again he is going to call it in. Writes down the plate. I'm like dude nobody is following you and I work right here-relax. I cant imagine its illegal to be on a public street but who knows.

Anyways, I haven't told my boy he is going to fail yet🤣

CLdrinker

Reaction score
So my office is literally next door to a DMV so I scheduled my boys upcoming test there. Figured I would bring him with me and let him go take his test which is next week. Today at lunch I thought I would go and check out the route. Perfect timing I see the examiner get in the car so off we go. I stay way back and follow the car for about a mile or so then I break off and go have lunch. I go back just to see if they take another route, perfect timing and away we go. Except this time he stops the car on the street (I thought they were going to do a back up test or something) he jumps out and yells stop. I'm like this MF'er better slow his roll, he continues to say its illegal to follow on a test route and if he sees me again he is going to call it in. Writes down the plate. I'm like dude nobody is following you and I work right here-relax. I cant imagine its illegal to be on a public street but who knows.

But did he have his mask on?

nameisbond

Reaction score
Use the wife's car for the test!

Reminds me of my driving test. It was the examiners last day of work. She was retiring. She had me drive her to some warehouse near the DMV. Got me to help her load Tupperware into the back of the car. Drove her back to the DMV. We unload the shit into her car. She passes me 100%.

Javajoe

Reaction score
My lady jumped my ass after we got back and she just signed and handed me my passing paperwork. Right then she tried to open the door and it wouldn’t open. I said “oh I got to get out and open it for you, the handle does not work” She blew a fuckin gasket saying “ I wouldn’t have signed it if I knew this car was unsafe and I had no way to get out if we had an accident” 🤦‍♂️ Pretty funny shit. She was pretty old

Javajoe

Reaction score
Oh and I followed a bus for 2 stops and she marked me down for not going around it. What a bitch. They normally tell you what to do and where to turn. I’m 16, like I’m gunna pass a bus with her in the car 😂

Taboma

Reaction score
My lady jumped my ass after we got back and she just signed and handed me my passing paperwork. Right then she tried to open the door and it wouldn’t open. I said “oh I got to get out and open it for you, the handle does not work” She blew a fuckin gasket saying “ I wouldn’t have signed it if I knew this car was unsafe and I had no way to get out if we had an accident” 🤦‍♂️ Pretty funny shit. She was pretty old

Well the rear doors on cop cars don't open from the inside either. Should told her, it keeps your dates from jumping out when you get frisky. 😂

2Driver

Reaction score
All the DMV folks were beat up in middle school or crossing guards that were made fun of.

LOL Now they are adults with really important jobs, that no one can do but them. The CDC of motor vehicles

Last edited:

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
Maybe devil's advocate here, but if a kid needs the advantage of knowing the route and practicing on it instead of just being able to properly handle whatever route gets thrown at them, that kid probably shouldn't be driving.

The safest thing for everybody involved is for new drivers to be able to pass tests without any advantages. We have enough shit drivers on the streets already.

Last edited:

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Maybe devil's advocate here, but if a kid needs the advantage of knowing the route and practicing on it instead of just being able to properly handle whatever route gets thrown at them, that kid probably shouldn't be driving.

The safest thing for everybody involved is for new drivers to be able to pass tests without any advantages. We have enough shit drivers on the streets already.
He’ll be fine. It was more his dads curiosity

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
I never had to take a drivers test. I lived on Guam growing up, but was originally from Iowa. Iowa allows you to get a permit at 14, so we used my aunts address and I got my permit during our summer vacation- Guam was 15 and 9 months. When I turned 16 I went to the DMV, and they thought the permit was a full license, and transferred it for me. Lol.

manxman

Reaction score
Practicing on it. They want it to be random for the testee.
We got the testee's driving through my hood regularly since I live close to a dmv.
Also, multiple student drivers cars from various driving schools.
How funny, I drove right by your house when I took my test back in the late 80's!!

500bbc

Reaction score
The test is for driving, not escaping, how else could I score with the ladies.

BamBam

Reaction score

I get your point and I agree about the driving skill factor. If you look at it from a slightly different point of view, from the shoes of a 16 year old kid, you may see why he did it. As a 16 year old taking you drive test you are most likely under a whole lot of stress, stress from being tested by someone you don't know, stress from "what will people say if I don't pass", stress from being 16 and in a world where all of your info has to be posted to social media and on and on. I commend dad for going through the route and helping his son at least lessen one of the stressors that will undoubtedly be there on test day anyway. Just my two cents...

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
I wouldn't say a thing to your boy and just be in total disbelief if he doesn't pass because of you. 😂

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
I get your point and I agree about the driving skill factor. If you look at it from a slightly different point of view, from the shoes of a 16 year old kid, you may see why he did it. As a 16 year old taking you drive test you are most likely under a whole lot of stress, stress from being tested by someone you don't know, stress from "what will people say if I don't pass", stress from being 16 and in a world where all of your info has to be posted to social media and on and on. I commend dad for going through the route and helping his son at least lessen one of the stressors that will undoubtedly be there on test day anyway. Just my two cents...

He says he didn't do it to help his kid out, so fair enough.

But, I would see any parent who does do that as enabling their child to underperform. This is a big problem in society. When that kid gets out into the real world and gets their ass kicked when nobody is there to help them, they cry, protest, and say the system isn't fair.

Yes, at 16 it can be stressful. It can be tough. But learning how to suck it up and deal with things like that instead of being coddled by parents and essentially assisted in cheating will help them avoid getting run over in life - both literally and figuratively.

pixrthis

Reaction score

I just took my driving test for my CDL and my truck school gave me the route to pre run in my car and then we pre ran it in the truck twice before my test appointment. I found it to be very helpful. I did get yelled at years ago for prerunning the motorcycle test which really wasn’t necessary.
My son failed his first time because “he drove like me”, apparently the dmv doesn’t like that.

Taboma

Reaction score
Beside pumping shitters for a living, I struggle to imagine a worse job than being a Driving test examiner. Oh sure, you'll get the rare hottie, that will be painful to fail, although secretly knowing she'll be back to entertain another day.
But mostly, it's going to be ugly, scary and for sure irritating, day in and day out.

I've got to get this book, I bet it's a fun read, although fictionalized.

Driven Man.JPG

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I’ve known Cops who did the CDL follow the routes.
Helps if you’ve been trained in surveillance not to get noticed , lol.

For the record I didn’t follow any routes on my three different CDL tests over 30 years, lol

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
In 1977 the Corona DMV had an obstacle course painted on the asphalt behind the office, figure 8's and wandering lines that you had to follow. So I'm out there alone with the examiner and this cop car comes screaming in hot, skidding to a stop. Officer jumps out, covering his sidearm, shouting "what's going on here?" "Are you ok?" he asks the examiner.
I found out later my buddy called in a robbery in progress by a motorcyclist on a DMV employee.
I had to admit my buddy pranked me pretty good with that one. Ah to be 16 again.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

Welcome to life. Life is stressful. Driving is stressful. You wanna drive, learn to drive, the anxiety and stress leading up to the test is part of it.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Beside pumping shitters for a living, I struggle to imagine a worse job than being a Driving test examiner. Oh sure, you'll get the rare hottie, that will be painful to fail, although secretly knowing she'll be back to entertain another day.
But mostly, it's going to be ugly, scary and for sure irritating, day in and day out.

I've got to get this book, I bet it's a fun read, although fictionalized.

View attachment 1002346

But those union benefits and pension though...

Just Ducky

Reaction score
My first drivers test we get in the car and guy is very pissy from the get go. So I'm nervous as hell and making sure I do everything right like checking mirrors proper turn signals etc. everything going great we come to a light and he tells me to turn right. Okie dokie I look and signal and make the turn. He says we can head back now you just failed. I'm like what? He says there is no right turn on red at that intersection. Fucking asshole.😕

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
My first drivers test we get in the car and guy is very pissy from the get go. So I'm nervous as hell and making sure I do everything right like checking mirrors proper turn signals etc. everything going great we come to a light and he tells me to turn right. Okie dokie I look and signal and make the turn. He says we can head back now you just failed. I'm like what? He says there is no right turn on red at that intersection. Fucking asshole.[emoji53]

He probably did that to a bunch of people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimmyv

Reaction score
Motorcycle test on a questionably street legal Honda XR400.

Heavyset lady is my examiner. Close to 100 degrees out. She walkes two feet out the building, stands in the only shade and tells me to ride it up and down the street, and she’ll be listening for a couple shifts. She can’t even see me beyond the little parking lot.

I awkwardly make a right out of the parking lot, using hand signals for my lack of turn signals and working the clutch. Cruise up the street, back down and pull in

She says ‘Great. You passed. Its hot. Get back inside. ‘

J

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
F*kin complacent civil servant , used to be a nasty biotch at Paso DMV that would yell at Me (I'm a CA licensed dealer ) , every time I went to her (luck of the draw) I would pick up a "how we doing" card and give her a scathing review . One time I "drew her" thru thier system so when they called my number I passed , went and got a new number waited 1/2 hour and no shit drew her again ....

Javajoe

Reaction score
Mine had me reverse in an empty parking lot and being nervous and not my car, I actually put the fucking hazards on and backed up. What a stupid fucking thing to do. Took me a while to find them. I had just borrowed my sisters friends car. You know... the one the passenger can’t get out of 😆

500bbc

Reaction score
He says he didn't do it to help his kid out, so fair enough.

But, I would see any parent who does do that as enabling their child to underperform. This is a big problem in society. When that kid gets out into the real world and gets their ass kicked when nobody is there to help them, they cry, protest, and say the system isn't fair.

Yes, at 16 it can be stressful. It can be tough. But learning how to suck it up and deal with things like that instead of being coddled by parents and essentially assisted in cheating will help them avoid getting run over in life - both literally and figuratively.
No more cheating than any other training.

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
Got my CDL 25 years ago when i was apprentice and remember it like yesterday. Had the last appt on a Friday in Visalia, so i come into our lay down yard at noon, clear all the material of one of our digger derrick line trucks and pole trailer And Pressure wash it clean. One of my Linemen agreed to drive the linetruck to DMV and had me drive his pickup so he could head home from DMV. So as we roll out of the yard my lineman drives my clean linetruck thru a big mud puddle in front of our yard. Damn!
At the dmv, I go inside and come out with the tester, my lineman jumps out of Line truck takes his keys and says “good luck kid, I’m headed home so I hope you pass” as he bails in his pickup.
Tester looks at me confused and says “is he really leaving?” I’m like “Yeah, I guess so.”
So after we finish the walk around, tester says “I hope you drive better than your pretrip.“
Guess i barely passed that part and was getting nervous About rest.
So We hop in cab to do all the startup and Air Break tests and as I turn key to acc, the radio is cranked up full blast on a Spanish Radio station and the heater is on high with all the vents directed at passenger seat. Argh...
Luckily the guy had a sense of humor and we both laughed like hell which relaxed me and the rest of test went smooth.