WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Do DI systems work?

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Like this one? For washing cars and the boat?

LakeMead Boater

Reaction score
I’d say yes. I have a smaller one I use for the cars and the house windows. Comes out to about $6-$7 per wash.

I wash, use my leaf blower to blow of the majority of the water, wipe the windows and then wipe the rest of the car down. Pretty easy stuff.

LazyLavey

Reaction score
I have the same

Works as long as you're not in a windy dusty area..

I still find myself drying but I don't need to rush to dry and don't need to put that much effort into it

Icky

Reaction score
The di rinse system last longer, 2,000 gallons

Riverryder

Reaction score
@FROGMAN524 I’ll text you my set up way cheaper then that and it works! Cost me about 170 all in. If you YouTube systems you can see a lot of different options for diy setups.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I have it through culligan. $59 a month, tanks last for about 1200 gallons, $200 for a new set. Figure washing the modtorhome once a month which was costing me $200 and it pays for itself.

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
@FROGMAN524 I’ll text you my set up way cheaper then that and it works! Cost me about 170 all in. If you YouTube systems you can see a lot of different options for diy setups.

Pm me too . . . . . or better yet, post it here in the comments. Don't worry nobody will critique it and tell you how to do it better - I promise. I'll look for the PM lol

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
I have a cr spotless to wash my dually. It’s just so big to rinse wash dry it takes like an hour. So I rinse with the cr spotless and a ryobi pressure washer. Don’t bother drying. So far I’ve only had to replace the cartridges once it works great. I used to foam canon but found it just uses a LOT of soap compared to a bucket.

FCT

Reaction score
I have it through culligan. $59 a month, tanks last for about 1200 gallons, $200 for a new set. Figure washing the modtorhome once a month which was costing me $200 and it pays for itself.
Check out Puretec. I use to have that 2 tank system when I drove the semi for a race team and went to the one larger one for at home and it’s only $15 a month and I think $49 for tank swap. Definitely get more out of the one big tank.

snowhammer

Exploratory Vacation Time
Reaction score
I go to my local water conditioning and softener supply store and get a d/i tank. It is roughly the size of a water softener tank. A couple of fittings along with a quick connector for the hose and i am good to go. I pay the initial deposit and then tank exchange.

The key for me is to wash the vehicles and boats with regular soft water and use the d/i only for final rinse. Even at that, i set the flow rate at the valve just high enough to produce a mist out of the spray nozzle, think pressure washer wand without the pressure. I will either leave the vehicle in the garage (shade) to self dry or drive home and air dry.

vstdispatch

Reaction score
Check out Puretec. I use to have that 2 tank system when I drove the semi for a race team and went to the one larger one for at home and it’s only $15 a month and I think $49 for tank swap. Definitely get more out of the one big tank.

This is what I have and would never get rid of it. All i do is use leaf blower when done and thats it. It last a long time as well i use it on my big rigs and all

Reactions: FCT

LazyLavey

Reaction score
Using a hand truck I made this Mobile Simple Chuck DI System With Pressure Washer
IMG_0936.JPG

McKay

Reaction score
Yes they work great. I have a little bit larger u it that I got from dirinse.com.

Lasts about a year and half before refill which is about $220 shipped per refill. I clean a decent sized Cat, sxs, golf cart, sleds etc quite a bit. Well worth the cost. My unit is the one that holds 1cu/ft of resin.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I go to my local water conditioning and softener supply store and get a d/i tank. It is roughly the size of a water softener tank. A couple of fittings along with a quick connector for the hose and i am good to go. I pay the initial deposit and then tank exchange.

The key for me is to wash the vehicles and boats with regular soft water and use the d/i only for final rinse. Even at that, i set the flow rate at the valve just high enough to produce a mist out of the spray nozzle, think pressure washer wand without the pressure. I will either leave the vehicle in the garage (shade) to self dry or drive home and air dry.

The pressure washer will work as a flow restriction.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
In Alabama we have the one tank and it’s good for 2500 gallons

Reactions: FCT

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
$41 a month from Culligan. We don’t have the shit water that havasu does here so the culligan guy says it may go 3000 gallons. With a pressure washer my 42 foot motorhome takes 40 gallons, cars and trucks take about 10.

Attachments

• 1993CD45-A086-452E-8169-918F432B68C9.jpeg
    1993CD45-A086-452E-8169-918F432B68C9.jpeg
    445.4 KB · Views: 13

Riverryder

Reaction score
I’ll post my setup tomorrow when I wash the boat bikes and trucks. Give a little more in detail of my setup. It’s my first and I already have things I want to imrove! But it works and is way cheaper then most set up.

I washed my truck in the heat last week and vegas has 250+ ppm