WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Do They Make A Fuck Up Repair Kit For This?

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
I’m sure I’m not the only one who has done this, but due to being distracted from my regular routine.......I forgot to raise my outdrive and ground down my skeg. Luckily I caught it before it got the prop. Is there a repair kit or do I need to replace whole lower case of the outdrive. It’s a Brovo 1x.
4F678EB2-3CF8-4534-AE3D-540585054984.jpeg

WYRD

Reaction score
I would just paint mine but it would only last about three or four trips before it needed to be redone. Personally I wouldn't worry about it

REVENGE 97

Reaction score
You can buy a skeg from Mercury then cut, fit and weld it to your drive and it would be like new after painting, I have done many of them, or you can buy a polished stainless steel skeg guard than you can install in ten min. there are a couple different manufactures, I think that Panther makes the nicest one, maybe less the $150 or at least bolt it on for now until you want to remove the drive and weld it later......Google Panther Skeg Guard.......instruction videos

Last edited:

4Waters

Reaction score
Yes they do make a repair kit, it's called beer 🍺 🤣

I've done it as well but my wife always jumps out of the boat just out of the water to make sure the boat is centered so it only dragged a few feet.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Weld on a horizontal plate on the bottom of it and be the first to own a sterndrive hydroplane 😅 😅
Ooooh now there's an idea! :D

Black Rustolium

I prefer mercruisers phantom black. Best stick and coverage I've ever gotten out of a can and surprisingly not ridiculously priced either. Dont forget to hit it with some zinc chromate/phosphate primer first either

gqchris

Reaction score
That's what it is there for to protect the prop and it did its job! Don't stress. We all have done it. Mercury Phantom Black and get back to the water!

4Waters

Reaction score
Weld on a horizontal plate on the bottom of it and be the first to own a sterndrive hydroplane 😅 😅

Ooooh now there's an idea! :D

I prefer mercruisers phantom black. Best stick and coverage I've ever gotten out of a can and surprisingly not ridiculously priced either. Dont forget to hit it with some zinc chromate/phosphate primer first either
I'm sure it's been done and was a handling nightmare, definitely give you some stern lift tho.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies, based on the consensus here it’s not that bad. Just a quick shot of primer and paint and I’m good to go.

Now I can go blow the $1500 that I was going use on a new lower case in to my new truck fund. Too bad the new GM trucks are ugly and have sucky interiors, I can’t do Ford because they don’t have any decent V8 engines in their half ton trucks. I’d like a Ram TRX, but the price tag is just $50k too high for a half ton truck. After rolling a 2500 HD for 10 years I’m done with the rough ride of a ¾ ton truck.

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
Mercruiser phantom black as others have said, and forget about it.

Cole Canadian

Reaction score
I'm sure it's been done and was a handling nightmare, definitely give you some stern lift tho.
Yes it has been done... ( don't ask) makes you boat into a ski ski, wonderous things happen when it falls on it's
side:eek::eek:😅🍻

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I think you've lost less than an inch, for skegs that's okay.😂

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
I’d hit it with a file. Clean er up, and repaint. Never know the difference.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I’m sure I’m not the only one who has done this, but due to being distracted from my regular routine.......I forgot to raise my outdrive and ground down my skeg. Luckily I caught it before it got the prop. Is there a repair kit or do I need to replace whole lower case of the outdrive. It’s a Brovo 1x.
View attachment 931018

Yes...

wishiknew

Reaction score
Mine is a tad shorter than the prop works just fine and also as soon as you get rid of the 3/4 ton for a 1/2 ton you will want a 3/4 again I am almost 3 years into a 1/2 ton and next will be 3/4 ton

TomD

Breathing Member
Reaction score
Is that like scratching your anchor

4Waters

Reaction score
View attachment 931018
Is this what it sounded like? It's what it sounded like when I did it. Lol

This channel is awesome BTW, real life Peter Griffin is the first one in this video.🤣

traquer

Reaction score
Just paint it and run it. Nothing uglier than a skeg guard