WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Do we have a resident Oncologist on the board?

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
If so can you PM me, I would like some off the record input.

For those that read this thread, several of who know my wife and I off the board, throw some prayers up for her mom. Her cancer surgery for what was suspected to be stage 1 lung cancer, resulting in a lobectomy etc did not reveal the expected results. She has never smoked, is by far the fittest 60 yo woman you will ever meet, is a crossfit competitor etc. She had no symptoms and this was found by a fluke set of circumstances. My wife is understandably gutted and with this news. Toss some 🙏 up for her if you can. I appreciate it.

Last edited:

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Thoughts and Prayers for your mother in law, you and your wife, and family. Hope you get positive answers. Stay strong for all.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
So sorry to hear of the news. I hope that you find the information that you are looking for. Prayers to the family….

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
A close friend, who never smoked, needed the lobectomy, and 10 years doing great. Please think on the positive, not the negative. Of course, I'll say a prayer just as added insurance.
She is in good hands. Her Doctor on the Hawaii side is the same one who after my Uncle was given 6-12 months in 2016 has bought him 5 years and counting. He came out to havasu last year, and jokingly said it was his last trip on the boat since I "go too fast" 🤣 My MIL is also the person who oversees all of those kind of scans for her hospital so she obviously has her entire support staff going the extra mile for her. She is under the care of a team from MD Anderson who also did my uncles surgery...we have a lot of faith in them. I'm just wanting to ask some opinion questions so we can make some informed decisions that aren't clouded by emotion. I'm going to have my mom fly out here to watch the kids in a couple weeks so we can fly home and evaluate things as well. The findings outside the lobectomy are concerning to put it mildly.

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
You sound like a good son in law, and your wife a good daughter. I hope things work out for the best, and the miles and time aren't serious issues. I'll pray for good news and health for the I'll, and strength for all involved 😢

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
I just saw this. Prayers for you and your family.