WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Do you blast your music?

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
Family and I were chillin at a spot, nice and quiet Sunday. Literally the only people at this particular beach. Then a clapped out faded gel coat advantage party barge pulls up, drops anchor and then all the sudden the stereo turns on and cranked to 11. At first it was like okay, country I guess but then some 40 year old flat bill and black socks turns it to rap music. Cuss words left and right. Exactly what I prefer my kids listen while we are in the middle of a lake. I think he caught my glare and next was Taylor Swift. At this point the boat had pivoted and his full blast 6x9s mounted to the transom were pointed directly at us and they were at the bow in the water. We decided to just call it a day and packed up and left.

Is having music playing at max volume just par for being at the lake? Am I just getting old and grumpy? I just found it extremely obnoxious.

4Waters

Reaction score
I'm with you, I want to listen to my music that's why I have a stereo in my boat, when they pull up and crank their shit I can't hear mine anymore. You listen to yours and I listen to mine.

Singleton

Reaction score
If I hear another stereo mine is turned off - hate stereo wars
If the music we hear is not kid appropriate we usually leave (not worth it)
my music is never that loud when floating in a cove. Loud enough for us to hear, but still be able to talk to each other. Transom mounted speaker pods usually are pointed to where we are at.

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
IMO, if it's a small beach whomever is there first sets the precedent. If it's a large beach and they want to blast music they should keep their distance away. It's nothing more than common courtesy that many people don't have in this generation. Another factor may be idiots who after some drinks just don't give a shit. I'm sure we have a good number of those represented here in riverdave land. 🤪

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
We operate on the 5 foot rule. If you can hear the music from our boat from more than 5 feet while anchored up its too loud. It would be great if others followed suit. Under way or floating we will crank it up and enjoy.

River Runnin

Reaction score
Don't ya wish you could just go for a little swim, And pull some Butt Plugs! 😑 :)

TrollerDave

Reaction score
You should have “checked the steering”. Pack it up and just do donuts until it’s like a washing machine, then leave.

DWC

Reaction score
Won’t say I’ve never cranked it all the way up.. 😀 Current set up is stock, so it’s not that loud outside the boat. We actually use the portable Kicker when we’re stopped most of time
My kids are older so it doesn’t bother me when others blast music of their choice. There isn’t a F’ bomb combination that i haven’t used or even invented. If it’s out of control I’ll find somewhere else to hang out.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Won’t say I’ve never cranked it all the way up.. 😀 Current set up is stock, so it’s not that loud outside the boat. We actually use the portable Kicker when we’re stopped most of time
My kids are older so it doesn’t bother me when others blast music of their choice. There isn’t a F’ bomb combination that i haven’t used or even invented. If it’s out of control I’ll find somewhere else to hang out.
You are such a hooligan😂

77charger

Reaction score
If im on a beach by myself ill turn it up some if i pull up to a beach where others are then just enough to hear in boat if anything,

Im one of those that pull up on where others are out dont turn it up and be rude they were there first if they play the music loud well i can always get up and go elsewhere,I know common sense right?

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
The stereo in the Orion is pretty damn loud, more than once while enjoying ourselves with our tunes at a very moderate volume (as said elsewhere 5 foot rule) and some clown pulls up right next to us and wants to crank their shit, I’ll open the hatch turn the tower speakers at them then crank mine up for a while.
Never had anyone not get the hint, I’ll cheat and play Yo Gotti “Fuck You” typically as well tho lol.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Family and I were chillin at a spot, nice and quiet Sunday. Literally the only people at this particular beach. Then a clapped out faded gel coat advantage party barge pulls up, drops anchor and then all the sudden the stereo turns on and cranked to 11. At first it was like okay, country I guess but then some 40 year old flat bill and black socks turns it to rap music. Cuss words left and right. Exactly what I prefer my kids listen while we are in the middle of a lake. I think he caught my glare and next was Taylor Swift. At this point the boat had pivoted and his full blast 6x9s mounted to the transom were pointed directly at us and they were at the bow in the water. We decided to just call it a day and packed up and left.

Is having music playing at max volume just par for being at the lake? Am I just getting old and grumpy? I just found it extremely obnoxious.

40 year old guy blasting Taylor Swift and you didn't take his man card?????? :p

cuz_im_CR

Reaction score
I’ll feel out the situation before I go cranking my music. If I pull up to a spot with other boats that have music going then mine is off.

If no one is playing music then I’ll turn mine on loud enough to hear while I’m in the water. The profanity in music today is whatever. If you want PG then go to Mohave but I promise you the video games/YouTube/internet has way worse to offer then some music your young ones can barely understand.

Common courtesy is long gone it seems like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wet hull

Reaction score
I obviously will crank mine but only if I am there first. If I roll up on a occupied beach and they are playing I leave it off. If they want tunes we will turn it up some. Every situation is different.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
...floating through Pirate's a couple weeks back, a multitude of amps with gains turned up playing through the best 6x9's wally world has. "Music" ranging from techno to circus music (mariachi type).

And yes, I know kids hear profanity...I just feel it is classless to be playing that stuff loud while you kid in floaties is holding your beer.

Just me I guess, but I miss when people had some notion of decorum.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
I will blast the shit out of it. If I'm the only boat. Someone else pulls up, I turn it down.

If i pull up on someone I turn it down.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
Clapped out faded advantage pulls up, and drops anchor?

Enough room to use as a turn pin?

Practice, practice, practice.

Open headers help put the point across.

Dan'l

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
I rather just hear the wind and the water .
Boats driving by from a distance

This. I don’t know about some of you, but I go to the river to escape the BS and hectic nature of the city...noise included. Why bring it with you out there?

Guess that’s why I don’t go to the shithole known as havasu.

74 spectra20 v-drive

74 spectra20 v-drive
Reaction score
Had a jack wagon put his boat in come ancor by us and then crank up the radio... we walked out and started the flat bottoms and let them idle... id rather listen to that any day than loud freaking music of any type. Hell, had a screaming niese one time that i plopped in the seat, kicked everything out of gear and started the boat... funny how that chevy overpowered the PIA kid.

shan

Reaction score
I don't know what this music is you speak of. I like to go to a beach and talk to people. None of my boats have an audio device of any kind.

4Waters

Reaction score
I don't know what this music is you speak of. I like to go to a beach and talk to people. None of my boats have an audio device of any kind.
I like a little background music but yeah I also go to socialize and meet new people.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
I’ve actually asked people to turn down the music, if I was there first . I have asked to play on their stereo one of my CDs a couple times , if their stereo is bigger . One time I had some kids play an MP3 of Doobie Bros , after about an hour , they were asking who it was and complimenting the group . A couple times in the channel , I just left .

SlowMyRoll

Reaction score
This. I don’t know about some of you, but I go to the river to escape the BS and hectic nature of the city...noise included. Why bring it with you out there?

Been in Havasu for the past 3 weeks, boating Monday thru Thursday. No crowds, No loud music, perfect weather, warm water, & meeting great boating people. Try taking a few vacation days during the week. Thanks for not coming to this shithole.

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
Been in Havasu for the past 3 weeks, boating Monday thru Thursday. No crowds, No loud music, perfect weather, warm water, & meeting great boating people. Try taking a few vacation days during the week. Thanks for not coming to this shithole.

Right. Mid-October during the week can always be used to gauge how boating there is during the regular season.

Let’s see, for most of the boating season in Havasu you have...

- Assholes with loud music who will pull up right next to you on a beach and not care if it annoys you or not
- Sometimes hours to launch or retrieve your boat unless you pay extra somewhere to use a private ramp
- Better get your ass up bright and early if you want to find a decent beach or a beach at all, especially on a holiday weekend
- Hacked up rough water from the lake being too damn crowded
- Newbies constantly because Havasu is typically the default place to go when someone wants to get into the “river” lifestyle
- Concerns over people blasting music or doing other things that might be inappropriate for children you may have with you (family atmosphere is often totally gone)

I’ve got more, but yeah, Havasu is awesome.🙄 Change my mind.

What you described in October during the week that one would apparently need to take vacation days for exists all season where I go, so I’ll continue to not go to Havasu. You’re welcome! :)

SlowMyRoll

Reaction score
Right. Mid-October during the week can always be used to gauge how boating there is during the regular season.

Let’s see, for most of the boating season in Havasu you have...

- Assholes with loud music who will pull up right next to you on a beach and not care if it annoys you or not
- Sometimes hours to launch or retrieve your boat unless you pay extra somewhere to use a private ramp
- Better get your ass up bright and early if you want to find a decent beach or a beach at all, especially on a holiday weekend
- Hacked up rough water from the lake being too damn crowded
- Newbies constantly because Havasu is typically the default place to go when someone wants to get into the “river” lifestyle
- Concerns over people blasting music or doing other things that might be inappropriate for children you may have with you (family atmosphere is often totally gone)

I’ve got more, but yeah, Havasu is awesome.🙄 Change my mind.

What you described in October during the week that one would apparently need to take vacation days for exists all season where I go, so I’ll continue to not go to Havasu. You’re welcome! :)
The last thing I want to do is change your mind. Where is this magical place you go boating?

Your ad here

Reaction score
I've never been a fan of blasting music because all the people I see do it are trashy and/or hard to look at. I'm not that type. I will turn up a good river song. By river song I mean 70s and 80s rock. I wish I could fire the 12ga. at the speaker's of those who blast their system but I think I'll get in trouble if I do that.

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
The last thing I want to do is change your mind. Where is this magical place you go boating?

Well north of Havasu. I’d elaborate, but I hate to advertise and contribute to the northward dirtbag migration we’re already seeing a little bit of. Let’s just say when I jump off the boat and pee, it eventually ends up where all the loud music is.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Do You Blast Your Music?”
Not on purpose and only by majority request, or accident.

We have the optional Rockford Fosgate sound system on the RV. In Duck Creek I didn’t realize the outside speakers - subs were on one morning when I was playing some keyboard tunes I ripped from You Tube.

My wife is a keyboard player so I do it for her.
I was then more careful and turned the outside speakers off.

But a few families that were camped across the gulch came over the next afternoon and asked “What happened to the morning piano music?”
They thought it cool so the rest of the week I cranked it up for them.

They came over again and told us all to come over and hear how good it sounds that far away.

Amazing how the clean sound and sub bass carried across the 500 yards and sounded so good at their campsites. An acoustic wave bounce sound Phenomenon.

At the Joint in Randsburg people on the patio ask me to play music on the X3s system. It’s the purest clean, no distortion sounding, most powerful, ready-to-install system I could find.
Yeah there's bigger and badder but not open the box plug n play.
CA69EB65-51B0-418F-BBB1-0FFBBC9159C1.jpeg

Like I said,,, only by unanimous request.
I don’t wanna be that guy.

A kids favorite cranked up in the morning. Try it on your Bluetooth system:

Last edited: