WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Do You Even Launch Your Own Boat?

941Punk

some beach, somewhere.
Reaction score
Or do you just stroll up and get in after someone had launch butterflies and checked the mental list 3 times? Baller.

:D

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
My son is pretty close to being able to do it all by himself. I'll just drive down to the dock in the golf cart, after I've had my morning coffee. ☕

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
... My sister and brother-in-law keep their boat in a warehouse at a marina in Georgia...when they want to go boating they call the Marina... The marina goes in with a forklift takes the boat off the third tier shelf takes it down to the water...places it in the water...ties it in a slip and pulls the drivers portion of the canvas back... Yes they are spoiled...

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
... My sister and brother-in-law keep their boat in a warehouse at a marina in Georgia...when they want to go boating they call the Marina... The marina goes in with a forklift takes the boat off the third tier shelf takes it down to the water...places it in the water...ties it in a slip and pulls the drivers portion of the canvas back... Yes they are spoiled...

I recently suggested this in a survey I took for fish and wildlife about Havasu.. Most the survey was about facilities and what we need or don't etc

Singleton

Reaction score

That is what my dad had on Lake Pleasant when he lived in Az and everything was auto billed to his AmEx. Since I was in HS and College during this time, I could go boating and all expenses (gas, food, beer, etc) were taken care of :) I remember my dad saying I was costing over 500 a month in boating expenses.

brgrcru

Reaction score
I am hoping that Bernie will take care of that also. Free boat launch. :skull

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
I recently suggested this in a survey I took for fish and wildlife about Havasu.. Most the survey was about facilities and what we need or don't etc

... Works great for them 21 foot something or other boat they have the boat winterized when it's time which in Georgia I don't know exactly what that includes and they pay someone for any maintenance required...

... I think they pay something like $550 a month...it initially wasn't that much but prices have gone up doesn't matter they can afford it...

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
My friend always talks about this
"man...how sweet would it be to just show up, your boats in the water in a slip, already gassed up, stocked with ice and beer"

I tell him he's a lazy SOB and I fully expect to see him in velcro shoes within 3 years

Why Not

Reaction score
Valet launch and retrieval at Antelope Point is mighty nice! Best $35 I spend each trip!

rchelm19

Reaction score
We rarely even tow the boat anymore! Hallett trailers it from their warehouse to and from Arrowhead, launches it, and puts it on the hoist at the beginning and end of summer!

nowski

Reaction score
Once when I was in the dog house, I escaped. I drove down to the river just me and the mutt (springer spaniel). I launched the boat with the mutt sitting shotgun and hung out with my buddies down river all Memorial weekend. When I got back from that trip the dog moved into the house and I was left in the dog house. Long recovery process for that mistake... Woof