WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Do you ever get your order correct restaurants?

BajaMike

Reaction score
Me and the family usually have good luck with this kind of stuff. But we always make sure to say hello, how are you? Speak clearly and not too fast. And always say thank you, I appreciate it after ordering regardless if its fast food or not.

Some of my wife's family is always rude or act like the servers are not even there when ordering, there stuff is always wrong. And of course they flip out. I no longer go out to eat with them.

I worked at Del Taco in high school, if you were rude or sounded like a jerk......well your order was wrong or you get chips, meat, lettuce and cheese for a taco. LOL I know I know not cool.......but you should always be nice to the people who prep your food. Oh ....and we did remember you if you gave us an attitude because we made an honest mistake.

So true....be nice! I yelled at the drive thru one time, my son said “don’t yell at them, they will spit in your food”. Or worse. He would not eat his cheeseburger. I don’t yell anymore.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Burger joint years ago , maybe Macdonald.
Brother orders a bacon burger...
We dons gots no Bacon Burgers.

What's that on the menu behind You?
Das a sow dough Bacon Burger

Umm. Ok

Good Burger maybe?

gqchris

Reaction score
All I know is that KFC in Havasu is tun by a bunch of fucking stoners and whiskey tangos. I dont know why I keep giving it a chance! It just is so easy to grab a bucket after boating. But I learned my lesson!

BajaMike

Reaction score
All I know is that KFC in Havasu is tun by a bunch of fucking stoners and whiskey tangos. I dont know why I keep giving it a chance! It just is so easy to grab a bucket after boating. But I learned my lesson!

Nothing like a good bucket of KFC! Since there’s no Popeyes nearby.

traquer

Reaction score
There's one place that always gets it right for me

El pueblito in Yorba linda has the best mexican food in a 5 mile radius I think. And they always get it right and don't get all bent out of shape when you want some shit that's weird (to mexicans). I like to get half chicken half adobado burittos with beans, cheese, rice, guacamole, pico. Always delivers!

Reactions: DWC

Dettom

Reaction score
Me and the family usually have good luck with this kind of stuff. But we always make sure to say hello, how are you? Speak clearly and not too fast. And always say thank you, I appreciate it after ordering regardless if its fast food or not.

Some of my wife's family is always rude or act like the servers are not even there when ordering, there stuff is always wrong. And of course they flip out. I no longer go out to eat with them.

I worked at Del Taco in high school, if you were rude or sounded like a jerk......well your order was wrong or you get chips, meat, lettuce and cheese for a taco. LOL I know I know not cool.......but you should always be nice to the people who prep your food. Oh ....and we did remember you if you gave us an attitude because we made an honest mistake.
You want to really wonder about what’s in your food? Try going in a drive through in a marked police car.. I learned fast.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
I hate take out. But due to COVID it has become necessary

I can’t eat fast food (too much sodium). So maybe that helps because they sux

So I only takeout from the usual mom and pop restaurants I used to go to before the Rona. As a regular customer they try hard to get our order right.

So we do pretty good.

What I hate is going to a new takeout place and getting absolute shit food.

Or when the take out gets cold from the long drive home.

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
I always order my special order the same way. Cheeseburger with meat ,cheese and ketchup only. Most times I get it right. Sometimes I get a lecture from the large and in charge b...., You need to order it plain and dry add ketchup. Usually I will leave without ordering.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Fwiw I had el pollo loco tonight and they didn’t mess up my order

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
McDonalds by my house always and I mean always fucks up my order!! We have three del tacos about the same distance from our house and I only go to the one on Ynez because they always get it right the other two always mess it up.

Sandlord

Reaction score
We go over too the local Mexican place weekly with 6-8 others.
Nobody orders off the menu. We tell the waitress what we want.
And they get it right every time. That’s why we go back.

Baja 252

Reaction score
Unfortunately the kids want McD’s and nothing else. I do like their fries but their burgers suck. I don’t know how every single McDonald’s manages to put 100% of the condiments on the hamburger in the exact same spot at the edge of the burger every time.

franky

Reaction score
I wanted to support our small local restaurant so stopped in yesterday and ordered a cheeseburger "naked", no onions, lettuce, tomatoes, etc. and fries. Order is ready, comes to $10 and change, pay and leave a $2 tip.

Get home and burger is loaded with onions and all kinds of other shit. And it is all melted into the cheese so even after scraping it all off still have the onion flavor in the burger and bun. :mad: Not the first time it has happened either. Hard to support a local business when this happens.
Reminds me of the Ron White skit talking about picky eaters and vegitarians when he says "so you are telling me your body rejected beef broth?"

franky

Reaction score
Unfortunately the kids want McD’s and nothing else. I do like their fries but their burgers suck. I don’t know how every single McDonald’s manages to put 100% of the condiments on the hamburger in the exact same spot at the edge of the burger every time.
I too love the fries because they taste like fries. In and Out fries taste too much like a potato. I like the Bic Mac, no center bun. Less bread and they have to make it fresh.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

Run in and get the chicken tenders at Food City or Smith's or any of the grocery stores in town instead. Takes a couple more minutes, but worth it.

Motor Boater

Reaction score
I rarely have an order wrong, you guys need to speak more clearly🤣🤣

my wife actually asked me if I was making my orders too complicated. I told her: I ordered egg rolls, they didn’t put them in the bag. That doesn’t seem too complicated. I mean forgetting to delete the lettuce from a burger is one thing but forgetting the whole burger is another. LOL

gqchris

Reaction score
my wife actually asked me if I was making my orders too complicated. I told her: I ordered egg rolls, they didn’t put them in the bag. That doesn’t seem too complicated. I mean forgetting to delete the lettuce from a burger is one thing but forgetting the whole burger is another. LOL

I only allow my wife and daughter ONE modifier per Item. They know that after that people working food service cant comprehend. You guys ever been with people that ask for something with 5+ different requests. I have and its damn embarrassing! LOL

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I only allow my wife and daughter ONE modifier per Item. They know that after that people working food service cant comprehend. You guys ever been with people that ask for something with 5+ different requests. I have and its damn embarrassing! LOL

We have friends that ordering pizzas with is like negotiating an international nuclear arms treaty.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Its so embarrassing bro. Those types never worked at a restaurant I guess. Its very KAREN like.

And congrats on the staff member badge! Moving on up!

The badge is probably a downgrade LOL.

But yea the pizza always devolves to plain cheese with some random request about the sauce level and crust consistency. At that point I might as well just warm up a Hot Pocket and end myself.

Cobalt232

Reaction score
I always tell my wife/kids when they want me to pick up something that I am not responsible for "Errors or Omissions".

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
I think you guys are just eating out too much. Ya know that weird place in your house with the thing that starts fires and is usually next to the fridge. That contraption cooks food ya know. LOL 😂

We use ours quit frequently and my order is always spot on!! 😂

gqchris

Reaction score
The badge is probably a downgrade LOL.

But yea the pizza always devolves to plain cheese with some random request about the sauce level and crust consistency. At that point I might as well just warm up a Hot Pocket and end myself.
Dont foget Gluten Free dough as well 🙄 😂

gqchris

Reaction score
I think you guys are just eating out too much. Ya know that weird place in your house with the thing that starts fires and is usually next to the fridge. That contraption cooks food ya know. LOL 😂

We use ours quit frequently and my order is always spot on!! 😂
I have a contraption that cooks food, but she also cleans and does my laundry among other chores!

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
I have a contraption that cooks food, but she also cleans and does my laundry among other chores!

Me tooo!! Mine also can communicate. But I can never remember what it said. LOL

RVRKID

Reaction score
I have a Taco Bell by my house and since I moved in I think I am being nice by saying my order has been right 30/70, even my 9 year old says "I wonder what will be wrong this time"? Like said above though we went there a few weeks back and I go to order a couple Chalupas and they say they don't have the shells, so I say damn well ok a couple Dorito Loco tacos, then I ask for a 5 Layer burrito and they tell me they have no beans. WTF I thought I was on candid camera!!

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
EVERY time we go out to dinner with my son and his wife, she get her order wrong... LOL. She is one of those people who have to change or modify her order ....EVERY single time. Don’t put that on, add this.... do this, don’t do that. And sure enough, it comes out different than she wants. I just laugh 😂 .

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
EVERY time we go out to dinner with my son and his wife, she get her order wrong... LOL. She is one of those people who have to change or modify her order ....EVERY single time. Don’t put that on, add this.... do this, don’t do that. And sure enough, it comes out different than she wants. I just laugh 😂 .

Unless it is Burger King, that is to be expected.

BajaMike

Reaction score

I don’t go to drive thru with people with complicated orders. I tell them, “go inside and order”.

franky

Reaction score
Order it the way they make it or go somewhere else. My MIL has to change EVERYTHING

Motor Boater

Reaction score
Just to keep everyone up to date I stopped at a mom and pop Italian place tonight to get food for the family. They forgot to put my salad in the bag. At this point I guess it’s on me. I just need to thoroughly check my order every time before leaving. Pretty lame but I’m so sick of paying for shit and tipping and then not getting my food.

4Waters

Reaction score
Just to keep everyone up to date I stopped at a mom and pop Italian place tonight to get food for the family. They forgot to put my salad in the bag. At this point I guess it’s on me. I just need to thoroughly check my order every time before leaving. Pretty lame but I’m so sick of paying for shit and tipping and then not getting my food.
Sorry man but I'm LMFAO