WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Do you have Sea Dek or Gator Step?

MeCasa16

Reaction score
I have been reading some reviews of the stuff burning from the sun and having mold and mildew issues where it is installed over non-skid surfaces. I am assuming the boats I'm reading about are exposed to the elements in marinas or even exposed to salt in the ocean.

Has it held up well?

Is it easy to clean?

Are the edges burning or curling up at all?

Wasn’t Me

Reaction score
We have had both brands on different boats and they both seem to be very much the same. No issues with either at all.... Yes... They sure do get HOT to walk on this time of year... But so does carpet.... At least they look great while your feet are burning.! ha ha
IMG_6147.JPG

HocusPocus

Stihl Outdoor Power Equip
Reaction score
I had SeaDek put on my extended swim step a couple years ago haven 't had any issues. My boat is stored indoors but is used year round.
20180816_163011.jpg
20180816_170233.jpg

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
my seadek is going on season 5. Still in great shape with a few spots where I've noticed minor shrinking but no edge curling. Cleaning is easy with little to no effort sans any cleaner/chemicals.

rivergames

Reaction score
I've had 2 year with SeaDek on the floors of my boat and the center of my trailer. 0 Issues.

My dad and uncle have Gator Step on the floor and swimstep of their Eliminator Fundeck. 0 Issues.

Scrub with soapy water and rinse. Both are great products.

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
We just installed Sea Dek this season on our fishing boat. We are very pleased with it. Seems to be holding up fantastic (but it's only been a couple of months). Jeff just uses the pressure washer on it and it comes completely clean. That's with shoes, mud, sunscreen, fish goo, etc on it.

GETBOATS

Reaction score
Burning occurs when deck material is installed close to vertical surfaces, especially in corners where the sunlight reflects from two areas, have seen where you'd bet $ its was a burn..............actually is is, but not the malicious type.

Springfield

Reaction score
Burning occurs when deck material is installed close to vertical surfaces, especially in corners where the sunlight reflects from two areas, have seen where you'd bet $ its was a burn..............actually is is, but not the malicious type.
X2........put in Seadeck 4 months ago, curling and shrinking, looks shitty. Was told the same story of burn but still think I got a run of bad material. They are replacing some of the pieces one time for no charge, thought that was stand up.

Last edited:

havasuhusker

Reaction score
My boat is still being built and will have the standard fiberglass floor. I'm not a fan of that, but didn't want carpet. Am thinking Sea Deck or Gator Step. Reviews seem similar for each product. I do like the look of it. What made any of you decide which one to go with? Quality? Price? Did you have it installed in Havasu? Any recommedations?

Dirtbag

Reaction score
have had gator step since our boat buildin early 2017. Absolutely incredible. Amazing stuff. Great on the feet. No slip. If its hot spray with the footwash and instantly cool. We have had 0 issues with anything in your original post.

3queens

Detachable Member
Reaction score

seadek
working out great and no issues had it put over nonskid swim step

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
I have Gator - in my Duffy. So it doesn't get the normal boat traffic... it gets footprints from shoes..... doesn't matter the sole color (because all colors matter) it just leaves marks behind. VERY EASILY cleaned off with a wet towel. But it's a pain in the ass.... I would put it in my LHC boat if I needed something different that what I have... but it's all good. I went with Gator because when I checked reviews (numerous sources) there was very few complaints about either product, but the way more complaints regarding the customer service of Sea-Dek...... I called them twice to talk with a rep, and no return phone calls.... Gator-Step was way way helpful and I am very pleased.

MeCasa16

Reaction score
I really appreciate all the replies and people sharing their experiences..

renodaytona

Reaction score
I'm thinking of doing this flooring during the winter as well as planning full new interior all new seats, panels and hatch.